Picos & Pyrenees Accommodation Recommendations

Anything you like about motorbikes
Trinity765

Picos & Pyrenees Accommodation Recommendations

Post by Trinity765 »

I'm getting off of a ferry with a friend at Bilboa in July for a couple of weeks. All we've decided is we'll go to the Picos for a few days then to the Pyrenees. Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation. Somewhere near restaurants and bars would be good :P
Lockdown refugee
Dodgy69

Re: Picos & Pyrenees Accommodation Recommendations

Post by Dodgy69 »

If I go I think I'll just go Airbnb and just book places near my route. How far you go each day needs some thought. This kind of place would do for a night.

I've got to do some pillion testing first, she may not like.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/50473961 ... a07f4406d3
Yamaha rocket 3
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Thanks. I'm an AirBNB fan and may use it. Not looking to "tour" but rather find a couple bases to go out from each day. My friend can't walk far so I don't want something out in the sticks and would like solid ground for parking bikes. I'm thinking hotels as they will be easier in that regard.
Lockdown refugee
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

I tend to use booking.com, a decent blend of hotels and SC private apartments. The customer ratings are pretty accurate as long as you choose one that has been reviewed scores of times (there's plenty with a single review ffs which just smacks of shenanigans). On that basis if you choose one rated 8.5+, and scan the reviews for any horrors (or any obvious recent change in ownership - a lot of it about post covid) , you can't really go wrong
IanB

Post by IanB »

6 of us were in the Pyrenees last year & we based ourselves in Tarbes, which was a great location for riding into the mountains each day.

From what you say the place I found might be too big for you & also with a 10 minute walk to bars & restaurants perhaps too far for your friend but its a quality place & I would really recommend it.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/57730434 ... iShTc0TA5S