Froome leaving INEOS

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
weeksy
Site Admin

Froome leaving INEOS

Post by weeksy »

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris- ... up-nation/

pretty shocked at that in honesty, even if they use Bernal for TDF duties, i'd still see Froome winning the Giro/Vuelta without too much of an issue ?
MingtheMerciless

Re: Froome leaving INEOS

Post by MingtheMerciless »

I wonder if he hasn't fully recovered from his "blowing his nose" accident?
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:38 pm I wonder if he hasn't fully recovered from his "blowing his nose" accident?
That would be a reasonable assumption i guess yes, not quite 'there' seems reasonable.

I still think worst case he'd be picking up a few stages for ISN though, great signing if they can get someone other than Dan Martin to support him. Plus, you just KNOW he'll have motivation to stick it to INEOS now.
rusty

Post by rusty »

He'll have the motivation to beat Ineos but I think he may struggle as their strength in depth is immense!

I'd like to see Froome win another Tour away from Ineos as it'll cement his place as one of the cycling greats, it could be a hell of a battle next year. It'll make for interesting racing this year as I can't see Ineos supporting Froome as their number one rider.

I'd like to have seen Thomas leave Ineos as well, I reckon he could have been a great Classics rider. It would be nice to see him move back to the Classics and battle for a couple of them as well.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rusty wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:36 pm He'll have the motivation to beat Ineos but I think he may struggle as their strength in depth is immense!

I'd like to see Froome win another Tour away from Ineos as it'll cement his place as one of the cycling greats, it could be a hell of a battle next year. It'll make for interesting racing this year as I can't see Ineos supporting Froome as their number one rider.

I'd like to have seen Thomas leave Ineos as well, I reckon he could have been a great Classics rider. It would be nice to see him move back to the Classics and battle for a couple of them as well.
I was watching a few of the re-runs of the classics on Eurosport and indeed Thomas seemed to have a decent engine on him. But i'm guessing that he's kind of moulded and changed as a rider now due to doing to GTs more. Whether he can change and build up the big power again would remain to be seen.