Blade Motorcycles, opinions good or bad

Anything you like about motorbikes
Bigyin

Blade Motorcycles, opinions good or bad

Post by Bigyin »

As its the other side of the country from us and my eldest has found a bike he wants after passing his test i reckon some of you lot must have used them in the past as their dealerships are bang in the area of the likes of @weeksy @G.P and such like.

Anything we should know or are they a decent dealer who wont try and pull his pants down as he will be buying from away ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Blade Motorcycles, opinions good or bad

Post by weeksy »

i sold a 690 to them and bought the XSR900 from them.

LAter i would have bought the MT07 from them but the dealer didn't seem to be arsed matching the deal i had on the table.

They're well, a generic dealership. Good, bad, maybe... i guess it will depend on what bloke you get.

I can certainly shoot over there for a look at it matey. it's about 30 mins for me to get over, so no major biggy.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:00 pm i sold a 690 to them and bought the XSR900 from them.

LAter i would have bought the MT07 from them but the dealer didn't seem to be arsed matching the deal i had on the table.

They're well, a generic dealership. Good, bad, maybe... i guess it will depend on what bloke you get.

I can certainly shoot over there for a look at it matey. it's about 30 mins for me to get over, so no major biggy.
I was fairly sure you had past dealings with them so ta for confirming it. Its at the Swindon branch, looks immaculate and ultra low mileage compared to similar age bikes about

https://www.blademotorcycles.co.uk/used ... /96445.htm

I'll bell him when he is home and ask how serious he is before asking you to have a look :thumbup:
dern

Post by dern »

I traded in a superduke 990 for a cbr1000rr 7 years ago at blade abingdon and had no problems with the transaction or the bike which I still have.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Those burly round camera things are cool for getting a decent look.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:00 pm i guess it will depend on what bloke you get.
Ain't that the truth! So luck of the draw with dealers.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:06 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:00 pm i sold a 690 to them and bought the XSR900 from them.

I was fairly sure you had past dealings with them so ta for confirming it. Its at the Swindon branch, looks immaculate and ultra low mileage compared to similar age bikes about

I'll bell him when he is home and ask how serious he is before asking you to have a look :thumbup:
Good bike, good price at £6500 too, especially with low miles. Heck, I would have got @Welsh Muffin to buy it if we hadn't given hers to MSG racing for service stuff.

Well worth a peek. I can shoot over any day at 3:15 or so.

If he buys it he's got to bring to Pembrey though.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P takes his Triumphs there too, in summer it's where we meet for coffee etc. He's never had any issues with them.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm
Good bike, good price at £6500 too, especially with low miles. Heck, I would have got @Welsh Muffin to buy it if we hadn't given hers to MSG racing for service stuff.

Got hold of the boy and can you have a look please mate when you can. He is really interested in it and its the first one he has asked me about what i thought after a few weeks of trawling the net.

Much appreciated and he has even offered to cover your fuel for going and looking ;)

Pembrey might be a leap to get him to come but you never know :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:24 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm

Got hold of the boy and can you have a look please mate when you can. He is really interested in it and its the first one he has asked me about what i thought after a few weeks of trawling the net.

Much appreciated and he has even offered to cover your fuel for going and looking ;)

Pembrey might be a leap to get him to come but you never know :mrgreen:
Sure. I'll go tomorrow buddy.

@G.P let me know if you can sneak out mate.

P.s tell him to stop being fucking daft. I wouldn't take your money and certainly won't be taking his.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

That's a lot of dosh for 8 year old bike.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm
Not currently,it isn't. Used prices are crazy.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

You find one cheaper in the zx6 market and I'll buy it myself. The price is excellent for a traction control model, especially with 1500 miles on it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255345479403 ... Swq4Nh66JR

Cheaper but 18,000 miles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134000685736 ... SwnWth6e5A

Same price with 8000 miles from that dealer who had the properly shite gsxr750
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

weeksy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:27 pm
Sure. I'll go tomorrow buddy.

@G.P let me know if you can sneak out mate.

P.s tell him to stop being fucking daft. I wouldn't take your money and certainly won't be taking his.
I already told him on the phone ...... Had to explain its just what we do as i have looked at a couple of bikes for people before and if he does make it to any event you are at he can buy you a pint ;)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:30 pm
Not currently,it isn't. Used prices are crazy.
Fark.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I've bought one bike from them, the current 890 and TBH they weren't horrendous, but very tedious, and definitely far less than I've come to expect - on the KTM side at least on this one buying and then first service experience I found them to be a bit of a disorganized shower, phone rang and rang, never called back when they said they would or replied to customer service emails , all a bit disappointing really- more detail on my experiences from page onwards on in this thread- viewtopic.php?p=96552#p96552

It of course may be the KTM element there or just the couple of individuals I had, dunno, but I won't be rushing back there anytime soon!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Tricky wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 pm I've bought one bike from them, the current 890 and TBH they weren't horrendous, but very tedious, and definitely far less than I've come to expect - on the KTM side at least on this one buying and then first service experience I found them to be a bit of a disorganized shower, phone rang and rang, never called back when they said they would or replied to customer service emails , all a bit disappointing really- more detail on my experiences from page onwards on in this thread- viewtopic.php?p=96552#p96552

It of course may be the KTM element there or just the couple of individuals I had, dunno, but I won't be rushing back there anytime soon!
Tbh, that sound like every bike dealership I've ever dealt with, (BMW included), doesn't make them any different.
non quod, sed quomodo
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

Bought my current bike from them, they needed a bit of coaxing along, it would have been very easy to give up and walk away. Eventually I walked away with a very good price on a zero mile Machine, albeit pre-registered as it was a demo no-one rode, and a very good P/X as it well. Definitely can't grumble, as per usual, salesman clinched the deal by being a decent guy and wanting to get a sale.
The paperwork to actually ride the thing away however, almost made me cry :thumbdown:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm
Tricky wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 pm I've bought one bike from them, the current 890 and TBH they weren't horrendous, but very tedious, and definitely far less than I've come to expect - on the KTM side at least on this one buying and then first service experience I found them to be a bit of a disorganized shower, phone rang and rang, never called back when they said they would or replied to customer service emails , all a bit disappointing really- more detail on my experiences from page onwards on in this thread- viewtopic.php?p=96552#p96552

Tbh, that sound like every bike dealership I've ever dealt with, (BMW included), doesn't make them any different.
Yep I appreciate that can be for some, but my experience at Blade was very different to the last 5 other dealers I've bought from ( The Motorbike Shop Farnborough, Tamworth Yamaha, Premier Bikes and Oxford Triumph, ) all of whom were tip top to deal with and made everything so easy- Blade definitely didn't... 😬
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Tricky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:12 am
Rockburner wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:10 pm

Yep I appreciate that can be for some, but my experience at Blade was very different to the last 5 other dealers I've bought from ( The Motorbike Shop Farnborough, Tamworth Yamaha, Premier Bikes and Oxford Triumph, ) all of whom were tip top to deal with and made everything so easy- Blade definitely didn't... 😬
Good to hear that you had some good experiences.
non quod, sed quomodo