Rockburner

Review Video for Taipan et al

Post by Rockburner »

I'm sure you'll like this. :)
non quod, sed quomodo
Trinity765

Re: Review Video for Taipan et al

Post by Trinity765 »

Yeah but no but yeah but no but no. Mainly no. It's the little wheels.
Lockdown refugee
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Did a test ride on one when Fastbird's chap had the Suzuki dealership. We had to stop at Box Hill, we were laughing so much. :D It was great fun and I'd have one as a commuter/shopper type thing, no problem. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Trinity765 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:36 pm Yeah but no but yeah but no but no. Mainly no. It's the little wheels.
Possibly the most terrifying experience of my life was riding down Britwell hill on a Honda Karen at 40mph.... 12" wheels (maybe 10"??) and anything over 30mph and it was almost tankslapping!
non quod, sed quomodo
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:30 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:36 pm Yeah but no but yeah but no but no. Mainly no. It's the little wheels.
Possibly the most terrifying experience of my life was riding down Britwell hill on a Honda Karen at 40mph.... 12" wheels (maybe 10"??) and anything over 30mph and it was almost tankslapping!
OTOH, you could lavish a bit of attention on the suspension, flow the head, stick an Ancilloti exhaust and a pair of Ceat tyres on a Lambretta and get quite silly. :D
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Skub

Post by Skub »

A Honda SH300i has 16" wheels,so more like a proper bike than a shopping trolley. I found mine just like riding a bike....with much less ground clearance,but even that can be fun!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I rode to the Pyrenees (and around and back) with a group, one of which was on a Burgman 850cc because of a disability. I thought what most people would think - pah! I couldn't have been more wrong, the guy was a legend. His lines were perfect and he effortlessly kept up. He was from Yorkshire and his friends told me that he would wait in the cafe in Hawes for a "white boots" man. They explained that a white boots man was someone who was all mouth and little talent. He would then follow them onto the Hawes to Ingleton road and overtake them in a right hand bend, on his scooter with a top box. The only time I feared for him was on bumpy B roads when I couldn't understand why he wasn't bouncing off the thing.

So I'm going to add that I like something I can grip between my thighs for stability - it's not only about the size of the wheels :lol:
Lockdown refugee
Hawkman

Post by Hawkman »

When I was test riding bikes I did a test ride on a Tech Max. While it was "fun", the mirrors were in line with car mirrors. For a grand less I could have bought a Tracer 900GT iirc, and for a grand more a Ducati Multisrada 950.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm a scooter convert and have converted a few others too. I like things that are good at what they do, be it hair gel, non-stick frying pans or scooters. The key is not to confuse or compare scooters to bikes. They have their own role in the 2 wheel world and fulfil it rather well.

I'm forced off of bikes due to musculoskeletal reasons and my only chance of staying on 2 wheels was returning to a scooter. I reluctantly opted for the Tmax. I'm now far from disappointed with that [forced] decision, even though i'd love to be joining the MT-07 gang.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Taipan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:33 am I'm a scooter convert and have converted a few others too. I like things that are good at what they do, be it hair gel, non-stick frying pans or scooters. The key is not to confuse or compare scooters to bikes. They have their own role in the 2 wheel world and fulfil it rather well.
I think that's a fundamental truth that a lot of people forget or like to ignore.
non quod, sed quomodo