Tracking apps etc

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
The Martian

Tracking apps etc

Post by The Martian »

So with lockdown, I've actually had the time and motivation to get out on my bike and my wrists are (finally) not stopping me before my legs run out :thumbup:

So on from this, I was thinking I'd like a tracker app or similar, to help me set goals etc
I see Strava is popular but don't know much about these sort of things.

Ps if a phone app, recommendations for a phone holder too! :mrgreen:

MTIA :)
:martian:
Bomble

Re: Tracking apps etc

Post by Bomble »

Strava and quad lock👍
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Strava as above, it's the go to option really
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

So Strava is the option then.. free app?

And a quad lock, easy enough to Google or do I need a brand name / model or anything.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

The Martian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 pm So Strava is the option then.. free app?

And a quad lock, easy enough to Google or do I need a brand name / model or anything.
Strava is free yes, app store or whatever you have. You can buy dedicated devices like a Garmin etc too. But a phone will do fine
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:33 pm
The Martian wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 pm So Strava is the option then.. free app?

Strava is free yes, app store or whatever you have. You can buy dedicated devices like a Garmin etc too. But a phone will do fine
Downloaded.
Seems fairly simple to navigate :thumbup:
Bomble

Post by Bomble »

Quad lock is the brand. Bit pricey but really good quality and you can use it on the motorbikes too👍
The Martian

Post by The Martian »

Bomble wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Quad lock is the brand. Bit pricey but really good quality and you can use it on the motorbikes too👍
I've found something similar, considerably cheaper but with excellent reviews (also for use on MCs too). I shall report back when I have it :)
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

I like Strava cos I get to go for a ride, have a look at it and see who else has done the same bits.
There's stages on any route, some of them miles long and some just a quick sprint.
For me anyway, the people who are the fastest don't really bother me but see that person who's thirty seconds faster than me over a five mile stretch? I always figure I can just push it that little bit harder and beat em. Little gains here and there and after that person theres someone else I can try and beat.

Then I spot the names of local people and thats often worth a bit of effort cos I see some of them at work or whatever.

You go out, say realise you are number 600 out of 2000 people. Some of them were on a mountain bike on the road, some were finishing off a 150 mile ride so weren't trying the same thing.
But next time you are maybe number 450 out of 2000.

One of my brothers has (or at least had a while ago) the KMIs on quite a few round this area and he got to the point where he rode specific routes depending on wind direction.

Can't comment about the other apps but I do like Strava, I'm not on my real name although its a play on words about my real name. The people I know know but I've never been right keen on firing my details on stuff just because. Doesn't matter, its just a username