Brookes

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
KungFooBob

Brookes

Post by KungFooBob »

So what's occurring?

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news ... gD-SS2R794

Listening to Shakey's comments yesterday, he basically said Birdy would have sacked him by now if he had the same results.

His Teammate Iddon is 2nd in the Championship (190 points), Brookes is 12th with 58 points, he's not going to make the shootout at this rate.

What's happening?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Brookes

Post by weeksy »

I'm surprised he's still there. Bird would normally have canned him by now even if just for a hungry superstock rider but maybe there's no great options at the moment.

I found it plausible when it was 1 track, but then it was another, then even Brands where he usually goes really well, now Thrux too, it's just bizarre.

There's got to be something missing here, especially as iddon is doing well on it.
Tommy isn't exactly flying every time and track, but he's way more on it than Josh is.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've never met him, I don't know him, but I never really rooted for him, I'm sure he's lovely IRL, but he'd be the bottom of my list of riders to support, but you can't deny the previous results.

I know a lot of the top level riders get confidence from wins and the more they win the faster they get, but he's a mature rider, he's been on the circuit a while, you'd expect better.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Ahhh FFS, I thought you found country :bblonde:

Skub

Post by Skub »

He lived in N.Ireland for a time when he raced for TAS and by all accounts he is a regular guy. He was big into his dirt biking and pals with Gordon Crockard (3x MX champ)

He was a very aggressive rider in his early years,I remember in 2009 he took out Guintoli,who suffered a broken leg and Brookes copped a race ban for that one. IIRC this was on the back of other 'incidents', I don't think Guintoli was ever the same rider after that.

There's no doubting he's fast,there's no doubting the Ducati is fast,so it has to be a head issue.

Paul Bird isn't known for being a patient man,so the real JB had better show up very soon,or he's out. He'll not need that explained to him either.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub

Post by Skub »

Either the Birdman is mellowing,or he's lying. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 pm I've never met him, I don't know him, but I never really rooted for him, I'm sure he's lovely IRL, but he'd be the bottom of my list of riders to support, but you can't deny the previous results.
I met him a few years ago and prior to that was never really a fan. Couldn’t be more different in real life and was really friendly, happy to chat and spent loads of time explaining pretty much what every button on the bike did in huge depth. I came away from it with a whole new respect for him.

Even the way he is dealing with the current situation is open with the press although the rumours of the pre season Moto X crash still seem to be about
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:44 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:54 pm I've never met him, I don't know him, but I never really rooted for him, I'm sure he's lovely IRL, but he'd be the bottom of my list of riders to support, but you can't deny the previous results.
I met him a few years ago and prior to that was never really a fan. Couldn’t be more different in real life and was really friendly, happy to chat and spent loads of time explaining pretty much what every button on the bike did in huge depth. I came away from it with a whole new respect for him.

Even the way he is dealing with the current situation is open with the press although the rumours of the pre season Moto X crash still seem to be about
What rumours?
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:52 pm
Bigyin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:44 pm

What rumours?
Copied this from bikesport news

Post-race television interviews did not assist the situation. Brookes, as ever, was putting on a brave face while admitting that changes made were not working but discounting the story that he was still suffering from injuries from riding a motocross bike.

TV pundit and former champion under the PBM banner Shane Byrne put it down to a lack of confidence but suggested that it was likely to be the end of the road for what had been a very successful partnership.

While admitting that he had not been close enough to to the situation, team owner Paul Bird told bikesportnews.com that as far as he was concerned Brookes would continue to be an important part of the team for the rest of this year and maybe next.

“We had a heart to heart on Sunday evening and there will be changes in time for the next meeting at Donington. Josh Brookes will not be leaving this team, I don’t want him to and I don’t think he does,” said Bird.

“We talked about changing things, it was an open and I think positive conversation.”