Track Day - Road Insurance?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
ValerioGuzzi

Track Day - Road Insurance?

Post by ValerioGuzzi »

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a old school 2003 GSXR600 purely to take to the track and I can bin if I wreck it.

I don't really want to pay any insurance because it seems like a waste as it will be purely for track days but that means I'll have to ride uninsured to the track with isn't an option. Do you guys know of a one day insurance I can take out that will cover my journey or any other alternatives?

Thanks All!

VG
Horse

Re: Track Day - Road Insurance?

Post by Horse »

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

How much is your quote? Surely 3rd party isn't that expensive on that bike?
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Use a trailer or van to get the bike to the track, riding the bike to track days is not good, what happens if you fall off or it goes bang?
Honda Owner
ValerioGuzzi

Post by ValerioGuzzi »

Horse wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:11 pm Any help?

https://www.google.com/search?q=one+day ... e&ie=UTF-8
This was just what I was after! Thanks!!

I definitely could get an annual policy but seems a bit of a waster if im going 3-4 times a year. That being said I'll probably get addicted and start going any chance I get. Never been on a track with a bike, genuinely can't wait. Certainly wouldn't want to risk my V7 - don't know how people have the nerve to race their road bikes!!!
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I reckon a few 1 day insurances will be the same as a cheap 3rd part deal for a year. Not that I've checked.

As above though there is something to be said for the van/trailer option. Not only is there a risk something happens to the bike but also I'm usually shattered after 5 sessions and ready for a getting in a comfy car. Although that's dependent on hiring vans, buying trailers and storing them etc so it's not hassle free.