Danny Kent Gets BSB Ride.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Danny Kent Gets BSB Ride.

Post by Yorick »

His career has had highs and lows, but you don't become GP world champ by collecting Green Shield stamps.

I really hope he does well. I don't think he'll get quite the adulation and support that Scotty got, but the BSB fans are a knowledgeable lot.

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news ... n-bsb-2021
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Danny Kent Gets BSB Ride.

Post by weeksy »

Well, i'm not one to hold grudges, if that were the case, i'd not be talking to myself as i was a stupid boy at times.

He's a great rider though so yeah i'll say "best of luck"
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Interesting team that as both riders have perhaps not kicked on as everyone would have expected so there should be some hunger from both Gino and Danny.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I did mention about a week or so ago he was rumoured to be getting a BSB Suzuki ride, not sure if it was here or FB but my post was met with utmost surprise and iirc someone said they more expected him to be emptying their bins than a BSB ride ;)

I didnt know which team and glad Gino has also got another crack at BSB as he started to show what he was capable of when he stepped in and out performed Keith Farmer
Skub

Post by Skub »

You'd be mean spirited not to wish the lad all the hairy chest. We all fuck up at times.

He's a world champ,hope he does well and puts on a show for us all.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Those two in a team could be quite handy combo. I think what Danny needs is a bit of stability. The comings and goings he's gone through in the last 3 to 4 years can't have done his confidence any good. Gino on the other hand is confident. He had some good rides last year in what was a very tight midfield. He's also the reigning endurance privateer world champion or something,and would have won a moto 2 Race a few years back if it hadn't been red flagged. He's no mug.
He lives just down the road from me so I've got a soft spot for him, in a non ghey way.
Pgm

Post by Pgm »

He was running near the front in ss1k last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets some decent results this year.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Pgm wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:04 pm He was running near the front in ss1k last year, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets some decent results this year.
He did though sling it down the road a couple of times when he tried to push on. Could be that he needs more time on a bike that weighs double what he's used to.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

I guess going out to collect a debt with a knife is just a little mistake, not like he intended to use it or if he did just a couple of little stabs just as persuaders, are they sponsored by Stanley ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Couchy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:01 pm I guess going out to collect a debt with a knife is just a little mistake, not like he intended to use it or if he did just a couple of little stabs just as persuaders, are they sponsored by Stanley ?
You've not been to Liverpool much then lol
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:04 pm
Couchy wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:01 pm I guess going out to collect a debt with a knife is just a little mistake, not like he intended to use it or if he did just a couple of little stabs just as persuaders, are they sponsored by Stanley ?
You've not been to Liverpool much then lol
I’m from Nottingham we don’t do knives, guns though are fine 👍

Taking a knife out to collect a debt is for one thing only, he wasn’t carrying a knife for self defence it could quite easily have been used.

Hopefully he’ll qualify well and be at the sharp end or he’ll have to slice through the pack, if he’s on pole he’ll be off like a stabbed rat, whatever he’ll have to get a shivt on to be at the pointy end
formula400

Post by formula400 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

good luck to the lad, hope he does well.
CBR650r :mrgreen: