Road Fund Licence

Anything you like about motorbikes
Nobby

Road Fund Licence

Post by Nobby »

If , for whatever reason you are unable to get your vehicle MOTd , how then would you be able to get the Road Tax ?
cheb

Re: Road Fund Licence

Post by cheb »

Are you talking about the usual run of things or unusual times?

If the former, you could move to offshore island that doesn't have MOT testing facilities. One minor drawback is if you go to the mainland you have to be going to a prebooked MOT test as your first journey. Where the prebooked test is is open to discretion.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I'm thinking if the mot stations are closed.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Get a bike over 40 years old, no MOT required, I taxed the Le Mans Last week for the coming year £0 as an Historic vehicle. However I would have thought most garages are staying open to keep the money coming in.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

My MOT ran out Tuesday, I let it lapse due to the lockdown and I don't need to go out. Now I'm worried I won't be able to get one and my tax has been cancelled as I pay by DD :x

So I've either got to see if I can get one ASAP which sounds unlikely as a lot of places have closed or wait till they re-open. Less than a week later and I'd have had a 6 month extension
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

Paid my road fund for the car from April for the coming year last week (MOT not required) and the insurance is due on the 29th of April. I'm on 12 weeks isolation so tempted to SORN it. If it wasn't for all the car thefts that have been happening around here I'd be temted not to insure it. Renwed by insurance on all 3 bikes on the 15 March. The Le Mans is £0 road fund and the DT and Aprila are SORN. Was going to tax the Aprilia from April but that won't be happening now :(