Silly Season Starts Late

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Silly Season Starts Late

Post by Yorick »

Not much happening at the mo, but a shame to see Bradders get the boot..

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94736 ... o-savadori

And if the new dude gets the ride, there's nowhere for Cal or Dovi.

3 lads, all GP winners signing on at the dole office in a few weeks ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Silly Season Starts Late

Post by weeksy »

I wouldn't say Bradders has done terribly, but he's not exactly set the world on fire either.

However, having seen Savadori for a few seasons, i can't imagine he'll do any better either.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Not at all surprised to see this- no matter how good a development rider someone may be ( I understand Bradley's being retained for this aspect) , no team wants to be the one with a rider consistently finishing last in races.

Salvadori is however an interesting choice IMO- he never managed to show the form he had in SSTK in his time in WSB so it's hard to believe that he's going to find MotoGP easier, especially on what is arguably one of the least competitive bikes on the grid.
He's known to Aprilia though of course and he will be cheap so I guess they are having a punt for the last few races of the season- in terms of results, he can't really do any worse than Bradley can he , and you never know he could do better (either that or not ;) )
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I remember suggesting Savadori when Iannone got his ban before Brad got the nod as he is a known favourite of Aprilia and also one of their test riders. Aprilia have nothing to lose as Bradders will continue in his test role and they get to have a look at one of their other test riders in a race environment.

I dont see him doing much better than Brad but if he does loads worse then Brad can sit with a contented smile knowing he will be first choice of the test riders again
Skub

Post by Skub »

That Aprilia ride is a poisoned chalice,a proper career ending dead end.

Aprilia must be worse than Ducati when it comes to a lack of cohesive management.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:08 pm That Aprilia ride is a poisoned chalice,a proper career ending dead end.

Aprilia must be worse than Ducati when it comes to cohesive management.
They seem to treat them better, but they have to because their bikes are rubbish.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:08 pm That Aprilia ride is a poisoned chalice,a proper career ending dead end.

Aprilia must be worse than Ducati when it comes to a lack of cohesive management.

Listen to Hodgy and Gav Emmets podcasts "Gas it Out"....cant remember if it was Sam Lowes or Scott Redding but they basically explained why the Aprilia team was such a mess.

The bikes are provided by Aprilia as are the mechanics etc....the team structure is provided by Gresini so they look after all the back up and logistics. Each has their own management structure and priorities and these dont align so essentially there is constant disagreement and pulling in different directions within the team as Gresini people see something they think can improve on the bike but Aprilia dont like being told they are wrong and continue in what they perceive is the way forward.

The podcasts are a laugh anyway as well as a good insight ....i listened to them while out on the MTB during lockdown but they are still available
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Tricky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 am Not at all surprised to see this- no matter how good a development rider someone may be ( I understand Bradley's being retained for this aspect) , no team wants to be the one with a rider consistently finishing last in races.

Salvadori is however an interesting choice IMO- he never managed to show the form he had in SSTK in his time in WSB so it's hard to believe that he's going to find MotoGP easier, especially on what is arguably one of the least competitive bikes on the grid.
He's known to Aprilia though of course and he will be cheap so I guess they are having a punt for the last few races of the season- in terms of results, he can't really do any worse than Bradley can he , and you never know he could do better (either that or not ;) )
And a (slightly tongue in cheek ;) ) alternative view on Bradders replacement- Harsh perhaps but made me smile...

http://motogpnews.com/2020/10/28/lorenz ... of-season/
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

2022 Suzuki Vale Rossi 46 team ?
Without such reliability problems to date are the world championship leading Suzuki team, whose GSX-RR also uses an inline four-cylinder engine. But Rossi thinks the progress is more down to

"For me, Suzuki work very well. Because I think that [Davide] Brivio made a fantastic job, because he's able to fuse the work from Japan with very strong work in Italy," said Rossi. "And especially he is able to convince the Japanese to work together with the Europeans and Italians and they make a very strong team. I think it's for this."

Brivio was Rossi's Yamaha team manager during his title-winning years on the M1, while Rossi's VR46 team has been linked with a possible supply of satellite Suzuki machines should it move up to MotoGP in 2022.
Blimey. Yamaha have 4 riders, so full. Suzuki would wet themsen at the prospect of a Rossi46 Junior team :mrgreen:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:15 pm 2022 Suzuki Vale Rossi 46 team ?

Blimey. Yamaha have 4 riders, so full. Suzuki would wet themsen at the prospect of a Rossi46 Junior team :mrgreen:
It would make complete sense to have the VR46 MotoGP team on satellite Suzukis as Honda, Yamaha, KTM and Ducati already have satellite teams. The announcement today of of Luca Marini and Enea Bastianini to Avinitia Ducati for next season in MotoGP along with the VR46 banner to supplement the existing sponsorship might be the start of a longer game.

I would have thought if VR46 were looking at a 2022 season with Suzuki its a case of taking the entry off Avintia after the 2021 season on third string Ducatis just to get access to the premier class with a deal to switch bike suppliers at the end of the season
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:02 am
Yorick wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:15 pm 2022 Suzuki Vale Rossi 46 team ?

It would make complete sense to have the VR46 MotoGP team on satellite Suzukis as Honda, Yamaha, KTM and Ducati already have satellite teams. The announcement today of of Luca Marini and Enea Bastianini to Avinitia Ducati for next season in MotoGP along with the VR46 banner to supplement the existing sponsorship might be the start of a longer game.

I would have thought if VR46 were looking at a 2022 season with Suzuki its a case of taking the entry off Avintia after the 2021 season on third string Ducatis just to get access to the premier class with a deal to switch bike suppliers at the end of the season
I think Suzuki may be able to create a second team without needing to wait for a slot to appear.
IIRC.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Tricky wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 am
Tricky wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 am Not at all surprised to see this- no matter how good a development rider someone may be ( I understand Bradley's being retained for this aspect) , no team wants to be the one with a rider consistently finishing last in races.

And a (slightly tongue in cheek ;) ) alternative view on Bradders replacement- Harsh perhaps but made me smile...

http://motogpnews.com/2020/10/28/lorenz ... of-season/
Maybe Bradley isn't completely out on his arse just yet...

https://the-race.com/motogp/i-wasnt-fir ... ia-chance/
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Bradley seems to be the only person who wants to ride the bike. So far the rumours are that Cal and Dovi were not interested and that Aaron Canet, Fabio Di Giantonnio and Jake Dixon have all been approached and turned the ride down preferring to stay in Moto2

Could it be we see Chad Davies back in the paddock after his wild card at Laguna many years ago when he was in AMA
Skub

Post by Skub »

It shows how the Aprilia is regarded,when one top rider would rather sit out a season than be paid to ride and the other preferred a test rider job elsewhere!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955