No Limits Lorry??

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Nobby

No Limits Lorry??

Post by Nobby »

Apparently a Lorry has gone missing on its way back from Spain. ??
Anyone know anything ?
KungFooBob

Re: No Limits Lorry??

Post by KungFooBob »

It's on their friendface page...

Regrettably Im tasked to inform customers of the first ever incident in the history of No Limits running European trips that's resulted in a number of bikes being stolen while in transit back from Estoril.
At the moment we can not release specific information as its under investigation by the police and our insurance investigators who are already following up a number of promising leads collected from CCTV of the whole incident.
Our usual working practice and method of secure transportation was followed but it's believed that it was premeditated by professionals and the means to carry out such a act.

We have already been in contact with them customers directly affected. We can only convey our sincere apologies for this tragedy and assure them affected that this matter will be dealt with in a amicable manner of which you expect from No Limits.

Our insurance are actively working on this and will work closely with customers to cover the losses.

We reassure customers that anyone travelling overseas with No Limits that this is a isolated incident with further measures now in place to made sure it won't be repeated. Bikes and equipment are fully insured and transported by a logistics expert with security the upmost importance.
We decided to go fully public with this despite putting us in a bad light so we can update customers as soon as we get specific information of the bikes stolen so allowing to post up the details and hopefully at least make them too hot to handle.
Needless to say, we're all absolutely devastated about this news and just about sums up the whole of 2020.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nothing more than was on FB but basically yeah, gone.
G.P

Post by G.P »

Blimey, that'll be a fucking nightmare to sort out. I assume you have to declare the bike details when you book, otherwise everyone will have had their BSB spec V4$ Ducatis stolen... :) :)
Last edited by G.P on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm Blimey, that'll be a fucking nightmare to sort out. I assume you have to declare the bike details when you book, otherwise everyone will have had their BSB spec V$ Ducatis stolen... :) :)
Can't recall in honesty, you certainly don't list mods/upgrades etc though, you may have to put "1098 Ducati" but that's about it.

I'm just praying next year the one going to Portimao with the ZX6R goes missing too !
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:09 pm
G.P wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:07 pm Blimey, that'll be a fucking nightmare to sort out. I assume you have to declare the bike details when you book, otherwise everyone will have had their BSB spec V$ Ducatis stolen... :) :)
Can't recall in honesty, you certainly don't list mods/upgrades etc though, you may have to put "1098 Ducati" but that's about it.

I'm just praying next year the one going to Portimao with the ZX6R goes missing too !
Lol, I'm guessing Ceri wouldn't be so happy with that though (and it'd be pain for you- you'd have the hassle of trying to find another ZX6 that's as nice as that one :D )

But anyway, next year's Portimao lorry better bloody not go missing- I'll be gutted if they nick the new Tricky track weapon!
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

This reminds me of something.
Does anyone from here know anything about "Maltagate" circa '96 ?
G.P

Post by G.P »

Tricky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:25 pm

But anyway, next year's Portimao lorry better bloody not go missing- I'll be gutted if they nick the new Tricky track weapon!
When is the unveiling and press conference for this by the way? :D :thumbup:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Nobby wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm This reminds me of something.
Nope!
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

G.P wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:12 pm
Tricky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:25 pm

When is the unveiling and press conference for this by the way? :D :thumbup:
Ahem, yes, has been slightly delayed but the grand reveal is currently planned for early-mid next week , subject of course to to any further new Covid-19 restrictions potentially putting spanners in works :)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Was Paul Bird involved in that?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Ktm.
Yamaha rocket 3
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

If i am right then scottyuk from here sent a bike with No Limits to Estoril a couple of weeks ago ........ i have a horrible feeling from the timing of his posts his bike might have been on the nicked lorry :thumbdown:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Does make you wonder how the hell this could happen. Not much security then. RS 660. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm If i am right then scottyuk from here sent a bike with No Limits to Estoril a couple of weeks ago ........ i have a horrible feeling from the timing of his posts his bike might have been on the nicked lorry :thumbdown:
It was only a gsxr

If his had gone, he'd have pinged me on WhatsApp
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Tricky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm
Was Paul Bird involved in that?
No.

When I've got a minute Ill post up the Story. But as a taster I'll just say it involved a few members of a Gang from Palermo , several crates of motorcycles , a British motorcycle racing club , a court order and the Boys from the Black stuff.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Tricky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm Was Paul Bird involved in that?
Dunno bout that particular one but I've heard a few stories about him from the blokes I know from round Penrith.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm If i am right then scottyuk from here sent a bike with No Limits to Estoril a couple of weeks ago ........ i have a horrible feeling from the timing of his posts his bike might have been on the nicked lorry :thumbdown:
My bike is/was on a stillage with a bike with a tracker and that shows its in the pound. NL also said all affected clients have been contacted and we haven't been.

Surprised none of the affected have been on social media. Gutted for them. I'm looking for more details and answers.
Last edited by scottyuk on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

weeksy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pmIt was only a gsxr
Indeed and I'm sure I sleep easier because of it ;)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

scottyuk wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:51 pm
My bike is/was on a stillage with a bike with a tracker and that shows its in the pound. NL also said all affected clients have been contacted and we haven't been.

Surprised none of the affected have been on social media. Gutted for them. I'm looking for more details and answers.
Glad yours wasnt one of the lost and there have been a few pinged up on social media already as lost including a Panigale V2 Koji i have seen on a few posts already