Please protest.

Anything you like about motorbikes
hilldweller

Re: Please protest.

Post by hilldweller »

Horse wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:51 pm My balance is FUBARd, I can't walk in a straight line
So change your handle to Rocking Horse.
Brian
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Horse wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:52 am
Even the bend chevron has been clattered!

https://goo.gl/maps/2S2GLR7LcZT2DpGD6
All within sight of the speed camera.

And if you spin round to this view the wall shows where the bikes work out that this is a decreasing radius bend. Long ago, just after the Ducati 916 came out I got souvenir piece of fairing from that wall.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.25857 ... 312!8i6656
Brian
Horse

Post by Horse »

hilldweller wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 pm All within sight of the speed camera.

And if you spin round to this view the wall shows where the bikes work out that this is a decreasing radius bend. Long ago, just after the Ducati 916 came out I got souvenir piece of fairing from that wall.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.25857 ... 312!8i6656
I think that you may be undermining your case . . .
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Horse wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:27 pm I think that you may be undermining your case . . .
Clearly I never had a case in here.
Brian
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Horse wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:52 am
Even the bend chevron has been clattered!
If the metal aluminium sheets on steel poles have been replaced by plastic drain pipes, you can be fairly certain that a motorcycle has hit the poles.

I took a run down the B660 from delivering a presentation to the MCN staff a couple of years back.

It used to be one of my fav despatch runs years back. It runs from just south of Peterborough on the A1 to Bedford. It's a lovely road, with a mix of some seriously quick bits interspersed with some sharp corners.

Unfortunately Bike discovered it when they moved up to Peterboghorror and made a route of the month. So, of course, it became a regular weekend run with all the attendant crashes.

It didn't take long for the speed limit to be reduced and for other measures to be put in place such as speed bumps through the villages and warning signs about unmarked bikes operating on the road.

But what was new two years ago were some novel chevrons. Instead of being the steel signs or even the plastic friable ones, they were replaced by rubber flaps bolted into a concrete base level with the ground... it was pretty obvious why. If something hits the plastic signs, they shatter and there's no warning until they are replaced. But the rubber flap obviously folds down on impact, then pops back up ready for the next crasher.

Great idea :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills