What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Ended up taping up parts & reattaching others, then drove over to the body shop for an estimate. ST now back in garage awaiting msg that the parts have arrived.
Was hoping Ford would have a body color bumper cover, but SOL on that.

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Wondered wtf is going on with the disappearance of Nicola Bulley? Apparantly its a tidal river but very slow moving? A forensic expert, Peter Faulding, says she isn't in the river as she would have been found by now. Plus they would have found clothing fibres and slipmarks etc but none have been found. Then there's the phone on the bench and not near the river, yet she was on a works call? All very strange?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm Wondered wtf is going on with the disappearance of Nicola Bulley? Apparantly its a tidal river but very slow moving? A forensic expert, Peter Faulding, says she isn't in the river as she would have been found by now. Plus they would have found clothing fibres and slipmarks etc but none have been found. Then there's the phone on the bench and not near the river, yet she was on a works call? All very strange?
I thought it was strange that the police were very definite that people should not speculate on what happened...then they promptly speculated that she'd fallen in the river. :hmmm:

They just had the chap on the radio talking about how he's scanning the river bed. Reckons he can see everything down to twig sized bits and bobs. V clever tech.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

This morning and last night i have mainly been mourning the death of an old school mate who died suddenly this morning in hospital.

He had a massive stroke caused by a bleed on the brain. He was 41! Totally out of the blue, he used to run a local pub (Old Bank in Keynsham) and myself and a mate were there sunday eve for an open mic night when suddenly 2 fire engines, police and 2 ambulances turn up (he lived above the pub).

We thought he had a heart attack at first. He was a big guy, 6' 7" 19st+ and lived his life pretty hard.

GWS Sherwell, rest in power buddy...:(

Also to add to my fantastic start to feb, i was told sunday that my old man has been diagnosed with cancer, great!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:39 am This morning and last night i have mainly been mourning the death of an old school mate who died suddenly this morning in hospital.

He had a massive stroke caused by a bleed on the brain. He was 41! Totally out of the blue, he used to run a local pub (Old Bank in Keynsham) and myself and a mate were there sunday eve for an open mic night when suddenly 2 fire engines, police and 2 ambulances turn up (he lived above the pub).

We thought he had a heart attack at first. He was a big guy, 6' 7" 19st+ and lived his life pretty hard.

Also to add to my fantastic start to feb, i was told sunday that my old man has been diagnosed with cancer, great!
Jeez, what a shit day!! I hope your Dad's able to get treated and be well.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:06 am
Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm Wondered wtf is going on with the disappearance of Nicola Bulley? Apparantly its a tidal river but very slow moving? A forensic expert, Peter Faulding, says she isn't in the river as she would have been found by now. Plus they would have found clothing fibres and slipmarks etc but none have been found. Then there's the phone on the bench and not near the river, yet she was on a works call? All very strange?
I thought it was strange that the police were very definite that people should not speculate on what happened...then they promptly speculated that she'd fallen in the river. :hmmm:

They just had the chap on the radio talking about how he's scanning the river bed. Reckons he can see everything down to twig sized bits and bobs. V clever tech.
That was probably Peter Faulding as its his company carrying the sonar search out. He doesn't think she's in there, but I guess that remains to be seen. They can cover most points around the field by cctv, so she never left the way she came in. The only way they can't track her is if she went down the path alongside the river, which would suggest an abduction? There has been no arguments with family or friends. No enemies that anyone knows of. Nothing to suggest she has run away and no banking irregularities( if she was saving to sneak off) or clothing missing etc. Very strange!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am

That was probably Peter Faulding as its his company carrying the sonar search out.
That's the chap. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
ogri

Post by ogri »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:39 am

Condolences on your buddy and best wishes for your dad.
Ignorance is bliss
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:39 am This morning and last night i have mainly been mourning the death of an old school mate who died suddenly this morning in hospital.

It's not always a death sentence Mate. Fingers crossed they can get him sorted okay.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am

That was probably Peter Faulding as its his company carrying the sonar search out. He doesn't think she's in there, but I guess that remains to be seen. They can cover most points around the field by cctv, so she never left the way she came in. The only way they can't track her is if she went down the path alongside the river, which would suggest an abduction? There has been no arguments with family or friends. No enemies that anyone knows of. Nothing to suggest she has run away and no banking irregularities( if she was saving to sneak off) or clothing missing etc. Very strange!
I think she's changed her name to Nicola Perrin.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:20 am

It's not always a death sentence Mate. Fingers crossed they can get him sorted okay.
It's skin cancer, he is going for further test tomorrow to see if it can be treated, fingers crossed. He's 85!
Horse

Post by Horse »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 am It's skin cancer, he is going for further test tomorrow to see if it can be treated, fingers crossed. He's 85!
My mum is waiting for results on whether hers is benign.

She's 95!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am There has been no arguments with family or friends. No enemies that anyone knows of. Nothing to suggest she has run away and no banking irregularities( if she was saving to sneak off) or clothing missing etc. Very strange!
We're very close by and the village is buzzing with gossip, I have no idea if it's entirely made up or truth but they're talking about affairs, bankruptcy, big family fall out, etc. Might just be village gossip though.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:52 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:59 am There has been no arguments with family or friends. No enemies that anyone knows of. Nothing to suggest she has run away and no banking irregularities( if she was saving to sneak off) or clothing missing etc. Very strange!
We're very close by and the village is buzzing with gossip, I have no idea if it's entirely made up or truth but they're talking about affairs, bankruptcy, big family fall out, etc. Might just be village gossip though.
Interesting. Quite a bit of fuss made by her friends about nasty and spiteful comments on social media! Not many women walk out on their kids though...
Skub

Post by Skub »

Greenman wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:59 am
It's skin cancer, he is going for further test tomorrow to see if it can be treated, fingers crossed. He's 85!
It's probably the most common variety,'Squamous cell carcinoma'. My Dad spent a lifetime gardening with no head covering and he had it all over his head. It won't kill your Dad,but depending where it is,cutting it out can be very invasive. He had a plastic surgeon remove most of his scalp and skin graft the area. I'll spare anyone the pics,but the end result was very good. My Dad died at 94,of plain old age.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:04 pm
Interesting. Quite a bit of fuss made by her friends about nasty and spiteful comments on social media! Not many women walk out on their kids though...
Purely anecdotal in the newspaper shop gossip - but 'appen searches of their financial affairs have revealed financial woes and a business going into liquidation on the day she went missing, apparently the bloke had an affair, things hadn't been going well for a while, etc.
There are even rumours of a stranger being in the village and an abandoned haunted house nearby suddenly having a strange occupant who is uncooperative with enquiries - village gossip is mental.

I'm not much into ghoul type watching so I haven't bothered to stalk them on the internet to find out, but it's possible that none of it is true, or all of it is true - and even if it is all true it might have nothing to do with her disappearance.

It's unusual though and it likely to be a complicated story.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:24 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:04 pm
Purely anecdotal in the newspaper shop gossip - but 'appen searches of their financial affairs have revealed financial woes and a business going into liquidation on the day she went missing, apparently the bloke had an affair, things hadn't been going well for a while, etc.
There are even rumours of a stranger being in the village and an abandoned haunted house nearby suddenly having a strange occupant who is uncooperative with enquiries - village gossip is mental.

I'm not much into ghoul type watching so I haven't bothered to stalk them on the internet to find out, but it's possible that none of it is true, or all of it is true - and even if it is all true it might have nothing to do with her disappearance.

It's unusual though and it likely to be a complicated story.
Yup. Just read pretty much all of that on twitter and the £100k gofund me page, which was halved and then taken down! There is certainly more going on than we're led to believe about the idyllic family living in an idyll! Lets hope those kiddies still have a mother anyway...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Visited the dentist. Two fillings, completely painless & stress free.

Bought some Basmati rice to go with the CTM I cooked yesterday.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Popped in Infinity in Holborn to try on some jackets - blast me bor Rukka don’t get any cheaper …
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

asmethurst99 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:47 pm Popped in Infinity in Holborn to try on some jackets - blast me bor Rukka don’t get any cheaper …
Didnt know they were still there!! Good to know they've survived. I used to buy a lot of gear from them years ago!