What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:58 pm I think Weeksy should ban you anyway. :thumbup:
Ban him for the Adidas sliders
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:07 pm
Skub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:58 pm I think Weeksy should ban you anyway. :thumbup:
Ban him for the Adidas sliders
At least let me post a piccie of me wearing socks with them! :(
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:31 pm
Skub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 pm Exercise bike,I reckon. :P
:thumbup:

You find that in a skip? :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:45 am
Skub wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:18 pm Exercise bike,I reckon. :P

How very dare you! Its like a Peleton Lite! :D

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6077051 ... lsrc=aw.ds

I got it for £20 on marketplace!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm sure it was worth every penny :D :D :banana-wrench:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:14 am
v8-powered wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:45 am

How very dare you! Its like a Peleton Lite! :D

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6077051 ... lsrc=aw.ds

I got it for £20 on marketplace!
Lol, we've got a proper Peloton you could have had for £20. Hardly been used since coming out of lockdown :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Left home just after 7 this morning to go into London and get my phone back as I stupidly left it there yesterday and I'm not back on site until Monday and need it before then. Crazy how you rely on these things.I needed to do some online banking, need my debit card and driving license which are in the phone wallet etc blah.

Had very spirited ride there and especially back where I was riding in prison territory and I never do that. By fook that MT-09 is a cracking bike. If you haven't got one you is well bent innit!

Got back and my Wife is still very rough. We'd even rang 111 last night as she is so bad. Decided I'd get her some magic chocolate and meds and grabbed a pack of covid tests too. Turns out she has covid and has rather generously shared it with me! :roll: That kinda bollocks up my scoot shopping plans for the weekend! Ho hum!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:35 pm Got back and my Wife is still very rough.
I've never met her, but this sounds harsh.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Received a recently ordered 6ft-24ft telescopic pole.

Na Zdrowie!
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Had a nice dry day to empty out the bike shed and get rid of the auld carpet i lobbed in their when i boarded out the floor for a bit more strength to it.

Got a couple of packets of mats to smarten it up a bit ....strategically placed stronger mats to place the stands so they dont puncture the rubber mats

All the crap and both the bikes back in :thumbup:

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've had an awesome day!!

Finally think my boss has stopped worrying about employing me (hopefully!!)!! TBF, I think I've done pretty bloody well to learn a new computer system, office system and processes in a different language in a week :D :D Ok, It would have taken me two or three days in English, but still, proud of me!!

Took my first french enquiry phone call this morning when not alone. Phone calls are still a challenge. Much harder to hear people when you can't lip read or see facial expressions! And then having my boss and colleague talking and/or listening in the background :o :o :o - but - DID IT. Took a booking with all the relevant info including french name, phone number * and email ** correctly and booking confirmed :D :D :bblonde: :bblonde:

Then, the mian friend I get to chat with here got back from the UK yesterday, so I went down for a cuppa (and to dump stuff in the garage next to the Monster) and a chat. I miss chatting with people in English!! LOL :oops:

*by FUCK french numbers are stupid!! Twenty AND one - all the ones have and before them WTF No other number uses and. Not even when it should - four twenty ten nine. Right, like that's a sensible way to say 99 :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

** email should be relatively simple, but due to the accent I felt really stupid when I realised I'd asked her to spell 'hotmail' :roll: :roll: :roll:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yeah, French number after 60 really get me muddled. I reckon it was the same person that constructed the French numbering system that came up with Roman numerals...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Just upset them and go Belgian....nonante. (It made getting through any reference to the 1990s sooo much easier. :lol: )
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:04 pm Yeah, French number after 60 really get me muddled. I reckon it was the same person that constructed the French numbering system that came up with Roman numerals...
The only ones I can't remember are 13, 14, 15 and 16, everything before and after that I have no problem with. My French started at school and has had plenty of practice since, my Spanish exposure started this year and at 59 I'm a slow learner. I have Spanish lessons twice a week, do Duolingo first thing in the morning and every evening, listen to Language Transfer on my phone every day and I'm shit. I practice whenever I can, the staff at the supermarket and local restaurants have the patience of saints and correct mistakes. I'll get there eventually.

Today I went to the Police station with a translator to get my residencia sorted. Trying to pick out words from a rapid fire conversation between her and the policeman wasn't easy, I got maybe one in every hundred. Still, I'm all sorted and now legal in Spain. Wifey and I cycled out to a restaurant for lunch afterwards wearing shorts and t-shirts.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:04 pm Yeah, French number after 60 really get me muddled. I reckon it was the same person that constructed the French numbering system that came up with Roman numerals...
The only ones I can't remember are 13, 14, 15 and 16, everything before and after that I have no problem with.
Don't have a problem with treize, quatorze, quinze, seize, but when it flips to 10+7 (dix-sept), 10+8 (dix-huit) etc. I can never remember them when in conversation. Similarly I'm ok with quarante, cinquante, soixante (40, 50, 60) but when it gets to soixante-dix (70) and up I get lost again.

Must try harder, I guess...
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I can't remember how to spell it, but I can still clearly hear my year 8 French teacher saying "mille neuf cent quatre vingt seize" in my head :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:36 pm
The only ones I can't remember are 13, 14, 15 and 16, everything before and after that I have no problem with. My French started at school and has had plenty of practice since, my Spanish exposure started this year and at 59 I'm a slow learner. I have Spanish lessons twice a week, do Duolingo first thing in the morning and every evening, listen to Language Transfer on my phone every day and I'm shit. I practice whenever I can, the staff at the supermarket and local restaurants have the patience of saints and correct mistakes. I'll get there eventually.

Today I went to the Police station with a translator to get my residencia sorted. Trying to pick out words from a rapid fire conversation between her and the policeman wasn't easy, I got maybe one in every hundred. Still, I'm all sorted and now legal in Spain. Wifey and I cycled out to a restaurant for lunch afterwards wearing shorts and t-shirts.
I can still think in French, but Spanish still fucks me up.
I can ask for stuff, but don't always get their reply.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Did the physio, then Turkey Day pig out dinner, & binge-watching Gangs of London (with a big bowl of Tin Roof Sundae ice cream).
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:18 pm Did the physio, then Turkey Day pig out dinner, & binge-watching Gangs of London (with a big bowl of Tin Roof Sundae ice cream).
I always put his replies through Google translate, but nothing comes out.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:11 pm I can't remember how to spell it, but I can still clearly hear my year 8 French teacher saying "mille neuf cent quatre vingt seize" in my head :D
You must have been in year 8 in 1996...

But I mean - quatre-vingt dix-sept is a bit much for 97, innit - 4 x 20 +10 + 7