Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Count Steer

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Count Steer »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:53 pm The kids have essentially made keys a disposable item - I used to spend £9-10 a key getting replacement before I twigged that I could just replace the shole lock which came with 5 keys and cost a tenner!
What do you call a 'lock' that costs a tenner?

A door handle. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
cheb

Post by cheb »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:03 pm
ChrisW wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:53 pm The kids have essentially made keys a disposable item - I used to spend £9-10 a key getting replacement before I twigged that I could just replace the shole lock which came with 5 keys and cost a tenner!
What do you call a 'lock' that costs a tenner?

A door handle. :lol:
Over secured :thumbup:

I did the keyed alike thing decades ago. For many reasons, partly as I hate having to carry keys.
Potter

Post by Potter »

"Investment grade" used to describe motorcycles for sale.

Idiots.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Potter wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:45 pm "Investment grade" used to describe motorcycles for sale.

Idiots.
To me that's like a house advert that says 'needs modernising', stop reading and move onto the next.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Discovered a paperwork cockup on some engineering work for tonight (now), corrected it, briefed everyone, someone wasn’t happy so wanted it done another way, so altered it, we now find out that the piece of equipment they utilise in the new method is faulty and so engineering work cannot proceed but if they had accepted my original revised plan then they could be working.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Think I've pissed off a few people! Not on purpose and the last message I sent was totally rewritten after a friend read the first and just said "no"!!!

Someone (X) got my number from a friend (A) that also does transfers and back in November asked me about a transfer, so I pointed her to the company I work for.

The original friend (A) then spoke with me (whilst I was at work!) to sort out a transfer for some other friends (T), which I did and sent the confirmation to T confirming the pick up time. On Monday A called me (again, at work, he checked when I'd be in the office!!!) and asked if we could add three more people (X) to the transfer. I said yes and organised it on the system and sent the confirmation to T.

On Tuesday afternoon (I wasn't working!) the X text me to ask for the pick up time. I said that it was my personal number and I wasn't at work but would try and find out on Friday when I was in the office.

As it turned out, between the computers and phones being down most of Friday, me only working 5 hours and driving most of that, I didn't manage to get the info - but, I had already told her to contact T for the confirmation email that had the pick up time on it.

She then text me again at 22:00 - on a Friday night :roll: :roll: :roll: FFS, never call/text a transfer driver late on a Friday night, cos we drive all day on Saturday :roll: :roll: Again saying that T is not good with timings and she needs info about T's flight and pick up time from me FFS

I replied later on Saturday and said that I had been driving Friday and that I was driving Saturday but please contact T for the booking reference (or the confirmation email) and then contact the office to get the pick up time (I did give X the email and phone number for the office !)

X's response was to tell me again that T is rubbish with times and so she needs info from me. Well, she actually just needs the confirmation email from T - cos all the info is on there - as I'd already told her :roll: :roll:

:angry-cussingblack:

So I wrote a response that a mate vetoed!! :lol: :lol: It was definitely polite but she said it was 'brutal' :lol: :lol:

Rewrote it and sent it. Got a very formal response from X. Finishing with 'Regards, X' - so, may have p'd her off :roll:

Then contacted the original friend to say Please tell her not to contact me, she needs to get the info from T or from our office!!

He's not replied to me :roll: :roll:

Oh well, I think I've managed to piss everyone off and I'm not even at work yet :( :( :( :(

But seriously. When someone tells you how to get the info you've asked for, why keep messaging their personal phone on their time off about work stuff. You wouldn't do that to most other professions (any other professions I suspect!).

So, I kinda feel bad that I've pissed people off. But I did help as much as I could on my time off and when I wasn't in the office!!

Hey ho!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

DefTrap wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:40 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:55 am Can't find my house keys.... not massively an issue but does have the garage door key too. So took the spare set to get keys cut.

"£9 each mate"
"seriously"
"yeah that's the cheapest we do"
"errrrrm ok sure.." :wtf:
It was waaaay cheaper for me to buy a new door lock, with the 4 keys, than get a load of new keys cut for an existing lock. I realise that by not supporting the Timpsons Guild of Artisan Locksmiths I am therfore by default certainly supporting Far Eastern sweatshops but maybe they shouldn't be so greedy?
Aren't Timpsons supposed to be very big into hiring ex jailbirds? I mean, teaching crims how to make/copy keys, what could possibly go wrong?
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Bigjawa wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:17 pm
Aren't Timpsons supposed to be very big into hiring ex jailbirds? I mean, teaching crims how to make/copy keys, what could possibly go wrong?
To be fair, they probably don't need teaching.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Basic good business innit, hire skilled workers.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:16 pm Basic good business innit, hire skilled workers.
It's commendable really. Good way to keep people on the straight and narrow, give 'em a job, skills/trade, decent money etc. :thumbup: He's not a bad old stick isn't Mr Timpson.

"All the ex-offenders we recruit are risk-assessed and provide us with full disclosure during interview. This means we can make an informed decision about who we employ."
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Youtube deliberately glitching and lagging when adblockers are turned on :angry-cussingblack:
Luckily they haven't caught on to Enchancer for Youtube yet :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Internet adds for daft stuff already invented.

"The world's first wrapper free snack". :hmmm:

What like Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Beef Jerky and million other things you mean? :lol:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 pm Youtube deliberately glitching and lagging when adblockers are turned on :angry-cussingblack:
Luckily they haven't caught on to Enchancer for Youtube yet :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Tell me more. YouTube has become dire of late, even when I turn of ad blocking.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:10 pm
MrLongbeard wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 pm Youtube deliberately glitching and lagging when adblockers are turned on :angry-cussingblack:
Tell me more. YouTube has become dire of late, even when I turn of ad blocking.
Make sure it is off, clear your history and cache, it only plays up for me (and other complaining online) when the adblocker is running
Felix

Post by Felix »

You tube enhancer and brave browser. Not been bothered with adverts in a long time.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Two hours each way to look at a bike today, apparently like new and perfect. Shame he failed to mention the dent in the frame.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Bloody Mr Squirrel, nicked the nuts off the traps, left the peanut butter, and then dug up the insulation and buried the traps :angry-cussingblack:
cheb

Post by cheb »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:40 pm Bloody Mr Squirrel, nicked the nuts off the traps, left the peanut butter, and then dug up the insulation and buried the traps :angry-cussingblack:
.410 shotgun with lead powder cartridges. That'll cure them.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:07 pm Two hours each way to look at a bike today, apparently like new and perfect. Shame he failed to mention the dent in the frame.
At least you didn't find the dent after you'd parted with money.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Skub wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:15 pm
Pirahna wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:07 pm Two hours each way to look at a bike today, apparently like new and perfect. Shame he failed to mention the dent in the frame.
At least you didn't find the dent after you'd parted with money.
Trials bike. Like any used off roader, always check underneath the frame protectors.