What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Ditchfinder

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Ditchfinder »

Mended the green house and put some wires in to try and prevent the panels blowing out again, weeded the beds in the greenhouse, dug the veg patch, jet washed the patio and cleaned the wife's car and cleared a load of rubble from a small corner bed ready for planting something in it
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Cleaned both my car and the wife's car. Helped the missus cutting the grass in the back garden and then off out on the Ducati to get some supplies from Tesco. First time the bike has been out since early November which is very very not me .....good to get it running and blew out some cobwebs
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Hunted high and low for a book that went missing in the house. Most of yesterday and today. Was it behind a stack of books that I had stacked up on top of other books? No, not there. Maybe behind some other books? No. Had it fallen down? No. In another room? No. And so last night I gave up in frustration. Today, the search carried on. I thought I would tidy the shelves while I was searching - maybe it would show up? Then a thought struck me, check on the web for the colour of the spine to make easier to find - it’s only a skinny book. Lo and behold there it was, it’s red spine hiding in between two thick heavy books. It can now join the other four from the set.

Glad I didn’t have to search the garage.

😉
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mostly slept and hallucinated, the after-effects of the covid jab I had yesterday.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Skub wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm
ZRX61 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:31 pm EVERY damn pic I try to upload on this forum is too large & I can't be fucked to fuck with them
Right click on image.

Select 'copy image address'.

Back to forum - click in 'image insert' icon and paste between the thingies.

Or use the likes of Imgur for pics you want to keep/use elsewhere.
I use FB, may look into something else
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

one more try..

YAY!!
This was the cop who didn't get to give me a Performance Award

Bwana

Post by Bwana »

Recovered mostly. Spent last night shouting down the toilet repeatedly. Finally graduated to a bucket next to the couch after missus Bwana found me on the bathroom floor praying for a quick and painless death. Thought I was okayish most of today, even went to the hardware store to get stuff to repair a leaking kitchen sink drain. THought I was okay until the bowling ball returned to its wrongful location in my gut. No fever, no shits, just repeated technicolor yawns all fuking night long. Alcohol wasn't a factor. :thumbdown: Hopefully tonight won't be an encore performance.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Bwana wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 am Recovered mostly. Spent last night shouting down the toilet repeatedly. Finally graduated to a bucket next to the couch after missus Bwana found me on the bathroom floor praying for a quick and painless death. Thought I was okayish most of today, even went to the hardware store to get stuff to repair a leaking kitchen sink drain. THought I was okay until the bowling ball returned to its wrongful location in my gut. No fever, no shits, just repeated technicolor yawns all fuking night long. Alcohol wasn't a factor. :thumbdown: Hopefully tonight won't be an encore performance.
Get well soon.
Lockdown refugee
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Bwana wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:58 am Recovered mostly. Spent last night shouting down the toilet repeatedly. Finally graduated to a bucket next to the couch after missus Bwana found me on the bathroom floor praying for a quick and painless death. Thought I was okayish most of today, even went to the hardware store to get stuff to repair a leaking kitchen sink drain. THought I was okay until the bowling ball returned to its wrongful location in my gut. No fever, no shits, just repeated technicolor yawns all fuking night long. Alcohol wasn't a factor. :thumbdown: Hopefully tonight won't be an encore performance.
Geçmiş olsun Bwana.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:31 pm
weeksy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:59 pm Useless without pics
EVERY damn pic I try to upload on this forum is too large & I can't be fucked to fuck with them
I've got the limit at 1mb... how big do you actually want ? The problem with phones these days is they take such high resolution pics i'd need to make the limit 20mb !
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 am
EVERY damn pic I try to upload on this forum is too large & I can't be fucked to fuck with them
I've got the limit at 1mb... how big do you actually want ? The problem with phones these days is they take such high resolution pics i'd need to make the limit 20mb !

I use IrfanView (don't know if it's still available) to resize pictures. Open the programme, paste in the picture, resize to 800 x 600, save as. It couldn't be easier. If someone can't do that then they're just a lazy fucker. :thumbup:
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Glad to hear you are on the mend.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Came in to work today and it's like the Mary Celeste! There was a COVID breakout out last week where 2 people tested positive and 15 have had to isolate, so now even the essential workers have had to WFH leaving just us scummy disposable contractors to carry the can.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Looked at my annual leave entitlement. Can’t believe after all that furlough they’ve carried over 10 days!😲

Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm Looked at my annual leave entitlement. Can’t believe after all that furlough they’ve carried over 10 days!😲

They have to by law.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

lol that's a LOT...

I assume that's on top of BHs and weekends ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:21 pm lol that's a LOT...

I assume that's on top of BHs and weekends ?
Yup! :shock:
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Taipan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:32 pm Looked at my annual leave entitlement. Can’t believe after all that furlough they’ve carried over 10 days!😲

I'm similar I get 31 days leave a year and the office is closed for 4 days at xmas. Due to the short term paycut we had June -Aug I was on 4 day weeks through the summer so had a stack of holiday left over. Work have let us carry over 7.5 days into next year (starts April) so I'll have 38.5 days next year plus xmas :banana-wrench:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

weeksy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:29 am
Sorted it with that imbcc or whatever the fuck it is :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

When I was off 2 years sick at McAfee they had to give me 64 days extra holidays when I went back part time. :D

IIRC they paid some as cash as they wanted me back ;)