What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

Asian Boss wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 pm That is a remarkable story. The parakeet I mean. Good for you for treating its body with such dignity. I'd have hoyed it in the black bin.
It might have just been sleeping.
ogri

Post by ogri »

Yorick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:23 am
Asian Boss wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 pm That is a remarkable story. The parakeet I mean. Good for you for treating its body with such dignity. I'd have hoyed it in the black bin.
It aint now ;)
Ignorance is bliss
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Has it ceased to be, an ex-parrot?
David

Post by David »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:34 am Has it ceased to be, an ex-parrot?
Parakeet.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

the_priest wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 pm One was to remove a deaded parakeet from the organ pipes and then into the graveyard to commit it back to the earth and say a few words.
Who was a pretty boy, then?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ogri wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:32 am
Yorick wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:23 am
It aint now ;)
It is, just permanently!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Parakeet was very definitely dead.
gremlin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:55 am
the_priest wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 pm One was to remove a deaded parakeet from the organ pipes and then into the graveyard to commit it back to the earth and say a few words.
Yes a "pretty boy" it wsas with beautiful wings and tail feathers. It now "rests" under a tree where it will decompose, be fox food etc... I did check it for life before having to squeeze it out of the organ pipe.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

the_priest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am Parakeet was very definitely dead.
Yes a "pretty boy" it wsas with beautiful wings and tail feathers. It now "rests" under a tree where it will decompose, be fox food etc... I did check it for life before having to squeeze it out of the organ pipe.
You religious people disgust me.. :lol: :lol:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

the_priest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am squeeze it out of the organ pipe.
That's my new lavatorial euphemism, right there.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Going to a new doctor here is a challenge. Had to go to ask for paperwork to go sort some girly stuff and also to confirm if he had to write a prescription of a colon cancer check (I've been getting letters telling me to go cos I is old :( ).

Normal doctor wasn't there so whole appointment in French :o I can talk in French about my shoulder to anyone, but other stuff is all words I don't use often :( So it was a challenge. And, one of my friends had told me what to ask for and where I needed to go - Doctor was 'oh no, you need to go here'!! :roll:

So, I'm confused but do have relevant paperwork - and a prescription for more pain meds as, if I don't see the physio for a week or so more, then I'll flipping need them!! LOL

Didn't go through the other things on my list as the two things I asked about took so long/seemed so complicated (when they both should have been simple!) I got fed up with the struggle :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 am
the_priest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 am Parakeet was very definitely dead.

You religious people disgust me.. :lol: :lol:
That proper made me laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Horse wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:49 am
Green bin (garden* & food waste). It would have got reincarnated as compost in someone's garden.

* 'green' seems somehow apposite
:thumbup:

Black bin would probably go to thermal energy recovery. If it did go to landfill the energy would again be recovered through active gas management.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym »

Had 4 vials of blood taken, hospital rang to book me in for my CT scan with contrast for next Wednesday. Oh!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Nidge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:09 am
cheb wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:54 am
Nidge wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:46 am Settling into our new house and finally have my Grandfather’s medals on display. He was one of the “lucky” generation who served in both WWI and WWII

You'll need to sort that chimney to stop blowbacks. Colt cowls used to do a money back guarantee on their square ones.
Sorry just accidentally reported your post when trying to quote it....

Anyway the sweep said the same - the picture makes it look worse than it is and in the 3 weeks we’ve been here I’ve not noticed and blowback but a new cowl is on the ever increasing list of things to attend to...
That's a bit like my speeding, even if I didn't deserve it this time,I have many many time before.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Finished putting the Sprint ST back together between rain showers, now I can book it in for MOT, but after the weekend as snow expected here!
Bought some more Bamboo pants, the future of pants is Bamboo.
Got my new Clarke impact driver in action to adjust the chain, then discovered I didn’t need to loosen the hub nut.
Now chillin before 3 nights.
Mick
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Trinity765 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am Took my bike to the dealers yesterday and now I feel enlightened. The rumble of death that bothers me is the clutch basket. The tapping that I thought was the cam chain is actually the shims. The rattling spanners sound that's happened twice is the cam chain tensioner. It's booked in for its 24k service next month and will all be sorted then. They couldn't let me joy ride a Trident because no one has any yet :lol: I knew that.
It warranty clam Friday. First a new laptop and now a new clutch.

I had the original clutch replaced as a recall but there was nothing wrong with it :roll:
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Had to deal with HMRC, I'm not calm and happy!! Have to get calm and receptive within 40 mins as have a french class!!!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Noggin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:51 pm Had to deal with HMRC, I'm not calm and happy!! Have to get calm and receptive within 40 mins as have a french class!!!
Ummmmmmmmm happy thoughts. Try Marconi Union, Weightless. Its a piece of music commissioned by Radox to find the most relaxing music ever. Scientists worked with musicians to create it. Guaranteed to slow down your heart rate.
Lockdown refugee
Skub

Post by Skub »

Noggin wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:51 pm Had to deal with HMRC, I'm not calm and happy!! Have to get calm and receptive within 40 mins as have a french class!!!
Sacré bleu. :o
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:08 pm
Ummmmmmmmm happy thoughts. Try Marconi Union, Weightless. Its a piece of music commissioned by Radox to find the most relaxing music ever. Scientists worked with musicians to create it. Guaranteed to slow down your heart rate.
It just made me want a bubble bath :(