Game on !! MotoGP is back.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
hilldweller

Re: Game on !! MotoGP is back.

Post by hilldweller »

Bigyin wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:06 am.since the forum started you MAY have noticed that Brian seems to have a completely different view on racing to the rest of us
It would be boring if we were all the same.

Whatever you think about me and racing we've never missed a race in the last 15 years. Once or twice we've not a had a signal and had to wait a few days but we got there.

I don't "support" any rider as in buy the tee shirt, I'm just glued to the incredible performance I see before me, which of course means the leading group because we don't see much else on TV.

I've already said Quateraro is stuck in my mind right now, when a rider is on a roll like that I'm thinking "will he do it today ?", "will he get Marquez today ?". Who could fail to like Marquez ? He does the impossible every other corner. Every race the burning question "can anyone take on Marquez today ?".
Brian
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

hilldweller wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:33 am
But when it comes to racing what sticks in my mind is "Oh not again Cal" as he falls off again with good points on offer. It's so sad.
Points ain't worth nowt if you're not a contender for the top spot.
S'why I like Cal, and loved watching Haga and Simoncelli, they have / had a balls out win or crash trying mentality, which might not be the best approach to becoming a world champion, but makes 'em alright in my book
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:03 pm they have / had a balls out win or crash trying mentality, which might not be the best approach to becoming a world champion
Apart from one man, we all know who he is, he tries hard but he's never got the hang of a proper crash. He comes close most races by can't quite manage the full crash.
Brian
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Sadly it seems Cal's racing days may be coming to an end anyway, as Honda apparently want Takanakagami to continue in the LCR team as sole Japanese rider in the series, with Marquez Minor heading the satellite team. With all the other seats taken and no interest in WSB that leaves Cal and Bradders in competition for a distinctly 3rd rate team place, even assuming Bad Boy Iannone doesn't come back.

Shame but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles in that game.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93901 ... a-interest
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I’ve got a spare bike he could ride. He’ll have to cough up the entries and tyres *

* I’ll tell him it’s on equal terms but he would be the number 2.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Skub wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:57 pm
I may be odd in how I watch racing,I don't do the tribal football thing of 'supporting' any particular rider or team,I want to see a close,hard race and may the best man win. So my perhaps laboured point is,in MotoGp we are mostly watching the best of the best at the top of their game and it takes all of the riders on the grid to make the spectacle great to watch.
Don't do what I did and admit you don't automatically worship at the alter of Rea.

Jesus, people go nuts in these parts if you do.....
"Does this bus go to the Titanic?"

"No missus, It's a submarine you need....."
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigjawa wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:09 pm
Skub wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:57 pm
I may be odd in how I watch racing,I don't do the tribal football thing of 'supporting' any particular rider or team,I want to see a close,hard race and may the best man win. So my perhaps laboured point is,in MotoGp we are mostly watching the best of the best at the top of their game and it takes all of the riders on the grid to make the spectacle great to watch.
Don't do what I did and admit you don't automatically worship at the alter of Rea.

Jesus, people go nuts in these parts if you do.....
Ha! We can be quite partisan!

I quite like the wee man,though I can't pretend to know him personally.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955