Your Daftest Bike Wreck

Anything you like about motorbikes
Buckaroo

Re: Your Daftest Bike Wreck

Post by Buckaroo »

After a 12.5 hours night shift, jumped on my CB500T and at the first left turn, found out two things: don't leave the side stand down and what an improvement side stand switches are. This was mid 1970s.
Dropped the bike and myself in the middle of the road. Thankfully it was very early morning and no one was around.
The bike was a lemon. Torsion bar valves. Seized solid, so I part exchanged it to the dealer.
Taff

Post by Taff »

April 1996, Honda CR125, throttle wide open in 5th gear, about 15 meters away from this gate I noticed that some fckr had closed and locked it.

Fortunately I was going in the direction that knocked the gate off it's posts, I spent the next 3 weeks in hospital, snapped left forearm in half and smashed my right knee into the gate both needing metalwork to pin them back together. The knee never has been, and never will be right again.

yeah, this wasn't my finest day on a bike :lol:

maccecht

Post by maccecht »

1979 Suzuki GT 250 put new brake shoes in the rear drum put it all back together and took it for a spin. Negleted to put the nut back on the torque arm to the rear drum. When I touched the back brake the drum spun the chain locked the back wheel and down the road I went. I was doing about 30 at the time unfortunately I was wearing shorts trainers and a sleeveless T. Shirt. Army medic spent ages picking gravel out of my torn flesh.
millemille

Post by millemille »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 pm I ran over my 916 with my car!
You are Brian Harvey and I claim my 17 East pounds...
formula400

Post by formula400 »

A few years ago out on Boxing Day, my mate on his husky 511 and me on my husky 510. He’s leading, coming towards a T junction he gets to the line and stops, I brake on a massive massive patch of ice, not sure how I did’t spot it, but the front washed out and I slid up the road and stopped next to him, only crash I’ve ever had and laughed whilst sliding.
CBR650r :mrgreen: