No Limits Lorry??

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Re: No Limits Lorry??

Post by Yorick »

scottyuk wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:51 pm
Bigyin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm If i am right then scottyuk from here sent a bike with No Limits to Estoril a couple of weeks ago ........ i have a horrible feeling from the timing of his posts his bike might have been on the nicked lorry :thumbdown:
My bike is/was on a stillage with a bike with a tracker and that shows its in the pound. NL also said all affected clients have been contacted and we haven't been.

Surprised none of the affected have been on social media. Gutted for them. I'm looking for more details and answers.
Spouting shite on social media won't bring the bikes back.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:42 pm there have been a few pinged up on social media already as lost including a Panigale V2 Koji i have seen on a few posts already
This one?
https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/s ... -v2.81640/

Stolen in the 'Swindon area'
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Horse wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:13 am
Bigyin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:42 pm there have been a few pinged up on social media already as lost including a Panigale V2 Koji i have seen on a few posts already
This one?
https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/s ... -v2.81640/

Stolen in the 'Swindon area'
Hadnt seen it on the Ducati forum as not been on there in ages but did see a post from Dibble via a mutual friend on FB. Blame him if the info is wrong as he is formally from VD land ;)
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

Yorick wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 pm Spouting shite on social media won't bring the bikes back.
Very true but there's very little of "watch out for this bike", "NL are being really good/bad dealing with it", etc

Just a bit surprised.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Nobby wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pm
Tricky wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:03 pm
Nobby wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm This reminds me of something.
Does anyone from here know anything about "Maltagate" circa '96 ?
Was Paul Bird involved in that?
No.

When I've got a minute Ill post up the Story. But as a taster I'll just say it involved a few members of a Gang from Palermo , several crates of motorcycles , a British motorcycle racing club , a court order and the Boys from the Black stuff.
It was 1995. Dubbed the Golden Isle Races , the biggest motorcycle racing club in Britain had been persuaded to venture to the sweaty rock in the Mediterranean.Bikes were shipped over and Riders flew in. Now what could possibly go wrong.
The first practice session had just finished when some Plant machinery was driven onto the Track to halt proceedings. This , in hindsight turned out to be a blessing , but as you could understand , at the time it was a bit of a shit.
Apparently , the Maltese Boys from the Black stuff hadn't been paid for the new surface they had laid. No Sir , they weren't moving , and they wanted their Lira. Men in Suits turned up and Legal papers were served to anyone that looked like they were in charge.
No more track time was had and the Bikes were put back in the containers , and ended up on the Dock of the Bay *. Most of the Club Officials sneaked off never to be seen again.
I'm not sure exactly what happened next. I doubt anyone knows exactly. What I do know is the Riders Rep ended up at the Port and managed to save the Day. It might have been about this time that it was found out that the Containers were not due to sail back to Blighty , but a short 60 mile sprint to Sicily.
Yep , the whole thing had been a scam.
There was a court order from Yozza Hughes to stop the shipment from leaving which was a good thing. Without that the Bikes would have been gone.
So what had happened ?
The Club were dangled a golden Carrot that didn't exist.
One or more club members (riders/drivers) had been the go between between Sicilies finest and the Club.
The Maltese Track owners may or may not have known , but they had arranged for the knew Tarmac to be laid----,then not paid the Black Top Boys.
The Club lost all its money. Rumoured to be 1/4 Mill.
No Bikes were lost
A good thing to come out of this was a re organisation of the Club. The Hero of the Day, the Riders Rep stepped up and took over the running. Some of you Who have raced in the last 25 years have probably met him. Or his Wife.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Nobby wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm
A good thing to come out of this was a re organisation of the Club. The Hero of the Day, the Riders Rep stepped up and took over the running. Some of you Who have raced in the last 25 years have probably met him. Or his Wife.
First time i have heard that much detail about it and i have spent many of an evening in his company over quite a few beers :thumbup:
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Bigyin wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:20 pm
Nobby wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm
First time i have heard that much detail about it and i have spent many of an evening in his company over quite a few beers :thumbup:
I dare say that you'd get 200 different stories if you asked a 100 people. D probably knows more than most, and probably not too keen on waking up with a horses head.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

We collected our bikes yesterday. Biblical rain there and back plus nearly 30miles of 50mph on the M4 but it was dry for loading and unloading and nothing missing.

Portimao boys were there loading .... about 20 of them!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Any more news on this ?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Apparently it was an entire container that went missing.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

As an aside, there was a bike stolen last night in Playa Honda. It made big news as no vehicles are stolen here as you can't get a vehicle off the island without documents.
Some pals only have TPO insurance.
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:59 pm Apparently it was an entire container that went missing.
Container - as in shipping container ..... or just a single stillage?

I've never seen containers there.