What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Gregor

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Gregor »

Took the beast for an mot and it passed. :thumbup:

It has a few issues, namely no 4th gear :P and the revs are hanging a bit but it’s a hoot to ride being so light and tiny. I’m quite impressed with how it handles but it’s so gutless I thought the clutch was slipping at first.

In limbo now until the DVLA send us a new reg doc to sort tax, my son’s champing at the bit they’re taking so long.

Insurance co wanted pics of the house, garage and it in the garage before covering.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Changed address at the DVSA, bikes, van and licence. Remarkably easy, the only glitch was their website didn't like my version of FF so I used Chromium instead.

And I made a note on the spreadsheet listing who I've told.
Last edited by cheb on Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:31 pm
gremlin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:15 pm Given a presentation on Intraday Liquidity.

Nobody fell asleep.
Did anyone turn up?
Under sufferance, yes. :lol:

Think of the audiences in North Korea being shipped in at gunpoint and you'll have a fairly good idea of what I was up against. :P
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went out in the sun (well, sat in the shade!), read my book then met someone I know up here (don't often see her but I'm driving her family to the airport in her car next week, so chat about times etc needed). That was better for me than I expected. she knows the system well and has had her share of serious shit up here over the years. So, no solutions but feel better for chatting!

AND, the little physio exercises I've not done for ages (lots of reason!) have really helped the pains in my neck and reduced the headaches - and that's after 5 days :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Sacked off WFH too early today - been in the pool and supping alcoholic beverages since lunchtime. Moderately puddled now..
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Paid in a vehicle tax refund cheque using the banking app on my phone.

What kind of magic is this!!!!!
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:38 pm What kind of magic is this!!!!!
I had to use it about a year and a half ago - I've been trying desperately to find ways to receive a cheque ever since. NO-ONE I know has a chequebook.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Two end of year school services. Then donned the bike jacket/helmet and rode to the school for the Governors end of year barbeque and signed lots of shirts for students. Spoke with a teacher whose husband is leaving her, she is heart broken. Ate 4 wonderful potato samosas! Need to track down where they are made in Gravesend, so delicious! Then out for a meeting with a parishioner who wife is leaving him (unrelated to the teacher relationship breakdown). Back home to setup the EUFY WIFI camera system. I need to get two areas of the church under surveillance as we have had issues with attempted arson. Daughter had a meltdown over the food she needs to eat (three meals today - the most she has eaten in six months in a single day)... About to walk the dog in the hot muggy weather.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

ChrisW wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:41 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:38 pm What kind of magic is this!!!!!
I had to use it about a year and a half ago - I've been trying desperately to find ways to receive a cheque ever since. NO-ONE I know has a chequebook.
I have 2 cheque books. One for the company account, last used about 2 years ago, and a personal one that hasn't been used for about 4 years. That was to open a new bank account, they would not accept bank to bank transfer. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

When I had a Lloyds account I used to get left handed cheque books, what with being left handed and that.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:38 pm Paid in a vehicle tax refund cheque using the banking app on my phone.

What kind of magic is this!!!!!
I think the DVLA and HMRC are the only people who've sent me cheques for at least 5 years, probably more like 10. :lol:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

We have one customer who pays by cheque every month - it’s a pita.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Every French pensioner I've ever queued behind in the supermarket has paid by cheque.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

wheelnut wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:28 pm We have one customer who pays by cheque every month - it’s a pita.
Local kebab house is it?
David

Post by David »

Fixed the flooding issue from yesterdays breakdown ( shit in the carb[ on being told this was his problem with an anglia in the 70's, my brother eqnquired "how often should i do that"]). Also found the hose had split from the movement of the carb....so i went to work , only to come to a halt half a kilometre away...no spark. Wiggled things...and it started. Got to the library, stopped again. Found that if I moved the wire from the alternator that got charred a couple of years ago, the spark came back. Toddled off to Proper Job (local everything store), roll of tape and we are away. Worked 6 hours in the sun on the seafront, watched pratts getting stuck in the mud , went to go home, no keys. Ignition switch not a problem, but padlock is. Went through panniers and glove box, pockets, apron cash thing i wear for takings...no keys . Searched occife...got asked what is key ring like...its got a green loopy wemoto thing...every one searches every where....no keys. We have a battery powered angle grinder on site ( do you have stickyfut for this?) No one on site does so i lie and say yes...no discs on site.... Bugger. Boss goes looking for a bolt cutter At this point i go back in our office and find a bunch of keys up on a desk....there mine.Office manager says...i saw those but the loop is yellow...it really is. Very yellow. I put this all down to age and exposure to the big shiny thing in the sky....Ok...off home with tail between legs...in fairness i had about two hours sleep after the rac took 10 hours to recover it yesterday...
Last edited by David on Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

wheelnut wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:28 pm We have one customer who pays by cheque every month - it’s a pita.
That's why HMRC do it, it will take longer and be less likely to get paid in.
Last time I went through a load of aggro giving HMRC my bank details for a direct transfer, three months later a cheque turned up. :roll:
It was too much for the phone app and there are no branches available any more*, even in central London it's a right pain as they are only open for a short period and still have stupid long queues. To pay them in at the post office I should have a pre-printed paying in slip but the bank don't issue those any more, I had to give in and do it at the PO without the slip and thankfully it worked.

* I tried the local mobile branch that comes once a week in a van but they wouldn't take my cheque, I really hate cheques.

When the bank shut my business account down they sent me a cheque with the balance made out to my business, thanks.
David

Post by David »

You can pay cheques in to the post office for most banks..they usually have paying in slips for each one. Of course my somewhat superior bank sends a lad round in an Aston to collect it.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got the rear seal on the F350 transmission replaced. $100+ a box of donuts.

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found out my Step Dad have 1.2 litres of fluid drained out of his lung! :shock:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:13 am Found out my Step Dad have 1.2 litres of fluid drained out of his lung! :shock:
Average lung capacity is about 6 litres,apparently,so the 1.2 is a minor detail,right? :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955