What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

Watching the Austrian GP parade, later I get to fix a puncture on roomies E Bike after foolishly admitting I worked part time as a bicycle mech in Cambridge back in the day... Bugger.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Gregor wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:27 pm The front sprocket didn’t want to come off so I resorted to winding 2 bolts through the holes in the sprocket to push it off which worked but was pushing against the seal and not the crankcase, distorting the oil seal behind.
I have a Kawasaki tool to take the ballache out of holding the front sprocket to loosen. I'd say it could be used on other makes too.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Flight home from Corfu was seriously delayed - didn't land back in the UK until around 03.30 this morning, then a 1hr45 drive home.
Now chilling in the garden planning a flotilla holiday in Autumn.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:52 pm Watching the Austrian GP parade, later I get to fix a puncture on roomies E Bike after foolishly admitting I worked part time as a bicycle mech in Cambridge back in the day... Bugger.
Did you watch it to the end? It's only on commentary when the commentators get over excited that I REALLY wish I'd tried SLG's Austrian site to listen in English!!!

Still not 100% sure what the outcome was on all the dodgy/not-dodgy overtakes!! Bit sad it ended like it did, but probably better than it being a bad crash!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:53 pm Did you watch it to the end? It's only on commentary when the commentators get over excited that I REALLY wish I'd tried SLG's Austrian site to listen in English!!!

Still not 100% sure what the outcome was on all the dodgy/not-dodgy overtakes!! Bit sad it ended like it did, but probably better than it being a bad crash!!
It was nice to see Verstappen suffer the consequences of driving like a twat :)
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

ZRX61 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:58 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:53 pm Did you watch it to the end? It's only on commentary when the commentators get over excited that I REALLY wish I'd tried SLG's Austrian site to listen in English!!!

It was nice to see Verstappen suffer the consequences of driving like a twat :)
Did he get any penalty as well? I wasn't sure if Norris got a penalty or not, the French commentators were so excited about it all that the producer seemed to tell them to speak slower cos they did actually comment that they needed to speak slower so I don't think anyone understood :lol: :lol: But, even when they'd slowed it was too quick for me! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Went to have a look at another 'nickel' car today
Audi A4 Avant. It was right at the top end of the budget but you can't go wrong with an Audi can you!
Unless of course somebody has spilt a tin of paint in the boot!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Ate half a chunk of bread pudding about half an hour ago. Put the other half in the bread bin for later as it was huge.

It's now calling me, like a wicked Siren.

Edit: I succumbed. :(
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

Walked the shore at the bottom of the garden and filled 6 feed sacks with old ropes.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Played at being a Trustee for a local Multi Academy Trust. Went to a Members meeting at 8am on the north coast. I live on the south coast, North-south routes in Cornwall are not good.

Long discussion with other Trustees after, then picked up about 2 trees worth of paper that needs reading today for a new CEO selection panel starting tomorrow at 8am, also on the north coast.

As Chair of Finance I lobbed a significant bombshell to the other Trustees for a meeting next week that I cannot attend. (I am on a bike trip, see here viewtopic.php?t=8966).

This volunteering as a MAT Trustee is beginning to pall. It is more like a full time, fairly high power job.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Two words re being a trustee, such as this^

Fuck. That.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

When you hear on the grapevine that the company you work for is leaving town and then the grapevine swiftly shuts up when it realises that you didn't know. Cheers 🍻

If anyone knows what the law is about this I am all ears right now.
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Started the day really happy as my name is correct in the system here, BUT, when I went to the office to help me apply for an apartment, the correction hadn't filtered through and so we couldn't do it online :( :( Had a bit of a meltdown :( But the girl was aces and did the application on paper and printed everything I need to send. Had to stop at my local Mayor's office to confirm if there's anything else I need to do but apparently it's just that they take the info so they can track the application (think they try and be extra helpful to keep people living up here!!) Unfortunately, whilst explaining the last few years of issues, I got upset so left quite quickly - guess it means they won't forget this particular application

And this evening, whilst cross stitching, I though my eyes were tired - nope, full on ocular (is that the right word for squiggly lines in my eyes?) migraine :( :( Bit late realising so have necked a load of headache drugs and hopefully it'll go

At some point my life will be more positive. It really will!!! :lol: :lol:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:45 pm Two words re being a trustee, such as this^

Fuck. That.
I am fast coming round to that viewpoint.

The Govt, via the DfE, wants all schools in a MAT. Small MATs are joining up to be bigger MATs. Our MAT is medium sized, verging on the bottom of the large scale, but still geographically vey limited. The biggest ones are spread nationwide.

Our medium sized one is a fair sized business, income around £80 million, assets near £100 million. Being a Director of something that sized is a significant amount of responsibility and work. Which the rules say I cannot be paid for.

We struggle to recruit Trustees, and some we do manage to get are pretty much name only, they don't do much or contribute to strategic governance. Meanwhile, costs rise inexorably, Government funding doesn't.

Hey ho, new government next week. Perhaps we may get a shake of the magic money tree.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Quit the gym! :crazy:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Set off to run errands around town & pay bills
1, Auto Club to pay insurance on the SBH. $428 for the year.
2. Ford dealer to enquire about a part (#SW6350): $93, Fuck that. It's recall related so has to be the Motorcraft part.
3, Advanced Autoparts, I have a $10 coupon: $58, we can have one here tomorrow. Fuck that
4, GhettoZone: $33! Yes!!... "we don't have one, can't get one, no idea when it will be available again. Bollocks!
5, NAPA: $28!! WooHOO!! Yes please... they hand me a made in Taiwan store brand. Bollocks!

6, Hit "The Corner" at the end of Plant 42 runway & watched a B1, B52 & three C130's beat the place up for an hour or so.

vids & pics: https://www.facebook.com/groups/171388102906958

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

and a C5...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I think I'm done doing ANYTHING for the next 10 days...

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:14 pm Quit the gym! :crazy:
A mate of mine (was a personal trainer in the uk) told me to just walk. Unless you are weightlifting to build specific muscles, he said that walking 5km, even gently but without stopping, is better than going between the aerobic machines (cycling, rowing, cross trainer etc!).

Also said that the cross trainer isn't ideal for most as the leg position is really bad on most machine (too far apart, so not the natural movement for most bodies)

Anyway - walk the dog further, you'll be fine :D :D :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Noggin wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:00 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:14 pm Quit the gym! :crazy:
A mate of mine (was a personal trainer in the uk) told me to just walk. Unless you are weightlifting to build specific muscles, he said that walking 5km, even gently but without stopping, is better than going between the aerobic machines (cycling, rowing, cross trainer etc!).

Also said that the cross trainer isn't ideal for most as the leg position is really bad on most machine (too far apart, so not the natural movement for most bodies)

Anyway - walk the dog further, you'll be fine :D :D :D
We really only went there for the EGYM but just dont the time to use it enough to get any results and its not a cheap membership. So we decided ro quit for now and keep up with dog walking instead. Shame s I enjoyed going to the gym when we did. Might pick it up again in the winter when we stop going away in the camper...