What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

Went over to La Santa to see the big surfing competition :)

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Went on that new-fangled Elizabeth Line. All very modern and clean. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Had a few shandies last night so got the train home. Came out of the station and decided to be lazy and get a cab to my front door. Seemed to be a few on the rank so I sauntered over and by the time it was my turn there was one left and me and a lady alone at the rank.
I decided to be chivalrous and gallant so opened the cab door and offered to get the next one. She declined at first but I insisted, so in she jumped and off it went.

Then it was just me at the empty rank.

And that's when it started raining. A lot.

15 minutes later I eventually get a cab. Cold. Wet. Kicking myself. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Flux

Post by Flux »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:05 am Had a few shandies last night so got the train home. Came out of the station and decided to be lazy and get a cab to my front door. Seemed to be a few on the rank so I sauntered over and by the time it was my turn there was one left and me and a lady alone at the rank.
I decided to be chivalrous and gallant so opened the cab door and offered to get the next one. She declined at first but I insisted, so in she jumped and off it went.

No good deed goes unpunished....
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

gremlin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:05 am Had a few shandies last night so got the train home. Came out of the station and decided to be lazy and get a cab to my front door. Seemed to be a few on the rank so I sauntered over and by the time it was my turn there was one left and me and a lady alone at the rank.

These days i am surprised she didn't tell you off for being sexist or something letting her go in front of you!

You got off lightly.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

I'm doing a bit of Chris Rea next couple of days.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Demannu wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:47 am I'm doing a bit of Chris Rea next couple of days.
Spending some time in a French pub?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a large doner kebab! :wtf: Stopped at the local shops and there is a chippy/kebab shop there and i thought, why not!. A bit under done so I air fryed the met until t was a bit crispy! :thumbup: Just seen the fat in the bottom of the airfryer and have reminded myself why i rarely eat these! :sick: :D
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

It was last night, but a warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas as Plod are out there. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing lead to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the wine. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my Africa Twin in town and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over riders and drivers and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from...
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 pm It was last night, but a warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas as Plod are out there. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing lead to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the wine. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my Africa Twin in town and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over riders and drivers and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from...
The old ones are still the old ones ;)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

cheb wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:26 pm
Demannu wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:47 am I'm doing a bit of Chris Rea next couple of days.
Spending some time in a French pub?
Road to hell :mrgreen:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

It'll be overcooked and dry by Christmas and the diners would probably prefer turkey.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Yorick wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:57 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 pm It was last night, but a warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas as Plod are out there. Last night I was out for a few drinks. One thing lead to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the wine. Not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my Africa Twin in town and took a bus home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint where they were pulling over riders and drivers and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a bus they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a bus before and I am not even sure where I got it from...
Still a good un
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

asmethurst99 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:26 pm
Yorick wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:57 pm
Still a good un
Jokes don't wear out. If they're funny the first time, they're funny the second time too. :thumbup: Like books, if it's a good book the first time you read it, it's not a shit book if you read it again.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Got up early and went for coffee. Then home to more sorting out. Tidying. Cleaning!!

Borrowed my friend's car, went to get my nephew and his girlfriend at Geneva. Bad time of day so took a bit more than three hours to get home :( But his girlfriend was in awe of the mountains, Annecy lake (even though it was dark!), and the views of the villages in the valley all laid out in lights. Then when we got to resort she couldn't speak with the excitement of seeing sooooooo much snow and the mountains and the thought of learning to ski!! LOL

It's going to be a good week - although my boss seems to have me down for a 14 hour day tomorrow which isn't quite so good, but hopefully that means a short day on Sunday! Hopefully!! LOL :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Went into the Loft-of-Plenty and found an old GPS from the 90s. Put some batteries in and found it still works! :thumbup:

image uploader
Skub

Post by Skub »

Keep it for when you buy that classic tourer. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Found these too and they sold straight away. Loft-of-plenty is being cached in, slowly but surely!

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Loft-of-Plenty delivers chainoilers-a-plenty! :thumbup: