What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MingtheMerciless

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Went to see a mate who has been off work since December with COVID which has turned into long COVID. He's about 90% himself, just not quite as sharp and on the ball as he usually is. He was saying that after he does anything, including visits from friends, he needs a rest. Walking and talking is difficult and any sort of slope and its just a slow walk with laboured breath. Even driving knackers him out and if he does too much of anything, it's days to get over it. His G.P. just keeps signing him off, he's offered to go on trials or experimental stuff but there is nothing.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Today?

I've been sweating. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Took the afternoon off and pottered about in the garage

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Nidge wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm Took the afternoon off and pottered about in the garage

Hope the floor is bloody strong.
David

Post by David »

Nidge wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:33 pm Took the afternoon off and pottered about in the garage

How long did it take to set the "moderatey tidy" garage shot?
I spent a day shifting shit and binning stuff....I only have 3 bikes in mine and a stationary engine and the odd lawnmower engine and 4 chainsaws, but I still cant move round easily or see the floor....
But I did put a new switch on the compressor today......and it works!
Only been waiting 7 years...maybe the genny next....
Skub

Post by Skub »

That shot uses ALL the colours.

Tré cool brother Nidge. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Lowes for rawl plugs & a couple of masonry bits
Oncologist follow up where I found out that he wants to stab me again & made an appt for that on Star Wars Day. Told me 11 biopsies were clear, but one had something that he wants to check again in a year, but it "isn't cancerous & may not ever be, but looks suspicious"
Ortho to see about getting a refill on the knee gel stuff. Insurance says I can get them every 6 months, but they only last 5 months.. so I get to limp for a few weeks.
Pharmacy for med refills.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:35 am Called a friend who's having a tough time with pancreatic cancer that's spread to his liver and other places you wouldn't want it. I try to call once every week or so, but today he just picked up and said, 'Can't talk. I'll call you back' and cut me off.

Text a few minutes later from his missus. Back in hospital. Chemo's cancelled, blood cells through the floor, jaundiced and not in a good way at all. Morphined up.

Memories of my B-I-L's incredibly rapid decline from diagnosis to passing with the same cancer. :(
Hugs to you x
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I cooked for some friends and between the cooking and before they arrived I went to physio

We did an 'exercise' day today - in the gym and doing a load of new exercises. I was pleasantly surprised that I could do them all - with varying degrees of discomfort. My physio was really really chuffed! It seems he set me the tasks he didn't think I could do and I managed to do them all - not always very many, but some :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde:

Then back to mine and two friends came for dinner. It's so cool since the seating has changed and I can invite friends for food :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got 4 numbers on the Powerball :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Which would have been around $170 if they'd all been on the same line :roll:

But I had the PB for $4 on one line & 3 on the other for about $8... :angry-cussingblack:

Arsebiscuits :thumbdown:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Hit my thumb with my axe. Was splitting the slats from old pallets for kindling. You can guess the rest.

Put a plaster on, wrapped it in insulation tape and carried on :obscene-birdiedoublered:
20210730_141241.jpg
20210730_141241.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 446 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

That can make it sweat and cause infection. As a temporary measure it might be okay, but get it off asap and just use a normal plaster. If not dibs on the Gix...err..dibs on the Husk..err..dibs on the Daci...err...dibs on the villa! :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:59 pm That can make it sweat and cause infection. As a temporary measure it might be okay, but get it off asap and just use a normal plaster. If not dibs on the Gix...err..dibs on the Husk..err..dibs on the Daci...err...dibs on the villa! :thumbup:
Just kept it on to stop it sliding off while working. Having a beer now to recover. After shower I'll whip it off :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:02 pm
Taipan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:59 pm That can make it sweat and cause infection. As a temporary measure it might be okay, but get it off asap and just use a normal plaster. If not dibs on the Gix...err..dibs on the Husk..err..dibs on the Daci...err...dibs on the villa! :thumbup:
Just kept it on to stop it sliding off while working. Having a beer now to recover. After shower I'll whip it off :)
Have you tried tugging it off in the shower? A lot of people prefer that method. Makes coming off a whole lot easier, apparently.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Found out how much I rely on the phone connecting to the internet!! LOL Broke my phone last night and the replacement didn't seem to connect on mobile data (no idea why not) so I had to go stand near MacDonalds when I needed to find addresses/contact people!!

I did get to see the mad kitten in her new (current) home. She's mad and very happy!!! :D :D :D
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 pm Found out how much I rely on the phone connecting to the internet!! LOL Broke my phone last night and the replacement didn't seem to connect on mobile data (no idea why not) so I had to go stand near MacDonalds when I needed to find addresses/contact people!!

I did get to see the mad kitten in her new (current) home. She's mad and very happy!!! :D :D :D
It's not unusual to need some extra settings, check you sim card provider for details.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Noggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:41 pm Found out how much I rely on the phone connecting to the internet!! LOL Broke my phone last night and the replacement didn't seem to connect on mobile data (no idea why not) so I had to go stand near MacDonalds when I needed to find addresses/contact people!!

It'll be the APN settings.

Google your service provider name and 'APN settings', there'll be a guide for entering them on android/apple.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Spent most of the day on the beach:

ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got a quick education about how insidious Google actually is & their habit of ignoring court judgments & orders etc. Will continue to carry a cellphone, but it will remain turned off whenever I leave the house. Also never knew just how much data their camera cars collect.
Also glad that I never downloaded the app to scan QR codes. Just found out that when you scan one, *whoever* is collecting the data (Google) also gets your email address, location & phone # etc. Don't see the need for them to collect data that I might have scanned a $1 off coupon at Walmart etc.

... looks for tinfoil hat emoji....

:martian:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Mussels wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:42 pm

It's not unusual to need some extra settings, check you sim card provider for details.
KungFooBob wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 pm

It'll be the APN settings.

Google your service provider name and 'APN settings', there'll be a guide for entering them on android/apple.
Thanx guys. I'll put that on a sticky on the back of the phone!! I did lend it to someone else a while ago (same reason, broken main phone!!) so maybe his setting were different to mine!! LOL BUT, I did get my proper phone back yesterday afternoon - with a warning that (as it was reconditioned) it had been mended before, so DO NOT DROP IT AGAIN!!! LOL Yeah, like that's gonna work!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: