Friday thread 23rd July...

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Friday thread 23rd July...

Post by weeksy »

So what's the weekend bringing ?

Mine in some ways started yesterday at Forest of Dean with the boy.
Fri brings more riding i expect, then BBQ at home with family :)
Sat will be Swinley forest with my lad and Crust, then home and BBQ i expect :)
Sunday is at home with RedBull TV for Hardline !
Monday is a weekend continuation of Mountain view bike park for jumpy fun
Tues is Silverstone GP for Welsh Muffin. (I did actually get offered a place but £260+ van hire was more than i would like to spend at the moment)
Trinity765

Re: Friday thread 23rd July...

Post by Trinity765 »

Saturday - chores

Sunday - Going pillion with an old friend :thumbup:
Lockdown refugee
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Return of parkrun 5k tomorrow morning.

Saturday afternoon I'm heading over to Hideout Leathers to pick up my old Alpinestars jacket. They've been adjusting it for me.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today - belatedly doing the French homework from last week!! Then shoulder physio up here. Off to the valley just after lunch for the French lesson, then more physio - knee this afternoon! Home to chill for a bit then off to help some friends in their bar cos she's doing something for the hill racing this weekend and he thinks it might be busier than one person can do

Tomorrow - probably a bit of a lie in but should head to the pool for 10am. Apparently likely to be quiet as they require a Pass Sanitaire (vaccination proof) now so someone told me it would be quieter! Will head for the jacuzzi pool thing as my back is hurting again and do a little bit of swimming. Trying to balance the "I can do swimming" with the "need to look after the muscles" - haven't been getting it right recently so need to try and take care

Chill out a bit - probably in the sun somewhere, maybe meet some friends at a cafe for lunch, r after lunch drinks (for them!). But, there is a seriously hill race on Saturday, 60kms I think up and down various mountains :o :o Total loonies, but a friend is doing it, so I'll probably try and head to a watching point somewhere to wave him on!

Then, back to my friends bar - apparently the last time we had a 'normal' summer and this race was on, their takings were massively increased!! So on Friday night, my friends are going to teach me to use their till properly as Saturday night is likely to be really busy!! So I'll be a bit more help with till knowledge!

Sunday - if it's sunny I'll head to the pool. Not really to swim, more to pretend to be swimming but then sunbathe!! (Taking appropriate drinks so I don't get a repeat of the sunstroke from last time!) Will endeavour to do the French homework on Sunday rather than 'forgetting' it until the day before/the day of the next lesson - which is mid August :( If Saturday isn't too awful, I might try and get up early and go for a walk before it gets hot. There are so many changes on the snow front with the new lift and the remodelling, need to get some photos - just need to be out really early so it's not too hot!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Friday. Took delivery of a lovely bottle of single malt, gift for a friend. Taking the bike to visit a parishioner for Communion and pastoral chat. Then heading to see my Spiritual director. Early afternoon I will fetch the wife, school is now out! Holiday celebrations begin in earnest for her with some prosecco etc...

Saturday. Sleep late, after 7am will be a real victory for me, I've been getting up at 4.30am most mornings. Insomnia is not nice. Gardening, shopping and so on.

Sunday. Lead All Age Service, first service in several months that we are allowed to sing at! Looking forward to seeing people being very happy about being able to worship with music again, not just listening to the "online" choir! Two further services in the afternoon/evening. Chill at home with single malt in the evening.

Hoping to get out on the bike at some point, but that depends on weather and time.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

the_priest wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 am Early afternoon I will fetch the wife, school is now out! Holiday celebrations begin in earnest for her with some prosecco etc...
Crikey! The priesthood really has modernised. :shock:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Out for an al fresco tea at a friends tonight - just as the weather has cooled off.

Saturday morning - need to get the Triumph down to the tame mechanic to see if he can sort the fuelling issues and get it therough an MOT

Swanky lunch for a mates 60th tomorrow which will probably involve a tasting menu and wine flight 8-) :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Saturday afternoon I need to switch the cranks over between my hardtails as one of them has fag paper clearance between ring and chainstay and the current cranks won't allow for a bit of shimming. This should only be a 20 minute job but post boozy lunch could result in the shed burning down. If changing the cranks doesn't result in a fiery death I may change the belt on the mower too.

Sunday - My riding buddy is finally coming over to ride my local trails rather than me go to his. TBF mine need an extended period of dry to be fun and it's rarely this dry. Sunday pm might be spent cutting a path through the jungle that is our garden to the septic tank so we can arrange getting it emptied.
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:32 am Sunday - Going pillion with an old friend :thumbup:
If one of the blokes had posted that, there would be another round of 'bumming hat' accusations. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

the_priest wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 am Insomnia is not nice.
Try a melatonin supplement about 30 mins before bed, really helps me.

Today, I’ve mown the lawn, pruned the Triffid hedge and appeared to have sorted the creaky headset on Mrs M’s Levo.

Next will be to wash the ZH2 after my 650mile excursion to Cornwall over the last 3 days.

Then short MTB with Boy Blunder and Mrs M if it’s cool enough. Then a Curry or Chinese.

Saturday, housework.
Sunday, MTB.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Out for a meal tonight.
Eye test tomorrow and I have no other plans other than that as the weather is suppose to be shite.
As I was typing this I just got a text from my Sister inviting herself over for the weekend. Bloody hell, as I was writing that I got another text from my Daughter asking if we're around over the weekend as she and her boyfriend want to come over tomorrow and stay over! So all in all, it looks like a busy weekend now! :D
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Not much as on call to launch lifeboats this w/e - as as it is the first weekend of summer holidays I am expecting several unicorn inflatable to be head towards France due to the combo of off shore winds and parents preferring to look at their phones.
Added to that the wind is meant to get up to 35 knots and I might me having an interesting weekend.

However , pager allowing - spin bike this arvo, dog walk ( he learnt to swim in the sea yesterday - and is as they would say in Manchester "mad for it") so sea swim may with pooch...
Evening BBQ -
Tomorrow - depends on who is trying to drown and how - big boat launching or little boat! :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Weather to be good all weekend,so I'm setting my mind to finish off another rear tyre with some early runs.

That aside,no plans,I'll take it as it comes.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

Got a Taxi booked for 8:45 from Wendover. Drive to Wendover, taxi to near Ivinghoe Beacon and walk back to car. Similar for the following 5 days as hope to get the Ridgeway walked by end of play Thursday, blisters permitting.
Thankfully we didn't pick this week, would have been in hospital with heat stroke before Tuesday :flame:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Count Steer wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:50 am
the_priest wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:41 am Early afternoon I will fetch the wife, school is now out! Holiday celebrations begin in earnest for her with some prosecco etc...
You should see me on the K1200R taking Holy Communion to parish members! I've not been late yet... my wife deserves the prosecco, she has worked very hard over this whole pandemic with keyworker children and really needs a break.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

the_priest wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Count Steer wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:50 am
You should see me on the K1200R taking Holy Communion to parish members! I've not been late yet... my wife deserves the prosecco, she has worked very hard over this whole pandemic with keyworker children and really needs a break.
It was the idea of collecting your wife from school that warranted the :shock:

If you read it in the right/wrong way it appears a bit 'Southern Baptist' IYSWIM. :mrgreen:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Driven home from our week in Herefordshire where the temperature barely dropped below 30° all week so I look like I’ve be abroad. The house is thankfully in good order with thank to D2 for cat / house sitting. Thai takeaway for dinner

Tomorrow, the good weather has turned the garden into the land of triffids, so out there hacking it down and tipping it, visiting D1 and her chap to deliver his birthday gift, IKEA to get the correct sized skyhooks for the lamps we bought.

Sunday, weather turns here so it’ll be indoor jobs / getting square for return to work on Monday which may involve moving my ‘office space’ upstairs while the school holidays are upon us.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Just been to Sands end with the misses for what should have been a posh fish lunch the place used to be a bistro but has changed hands, what should have been a lovely bit of cod disintergrated and was watery (frozen) the rest was on a par £65 for fish and chips twice and an overpriced starter each, wont be going back, Fish Cottage Sands End.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Off on a boat trip to Mingulay tomorrow, it's an uninhabited island south of Barra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mingulay
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Going for a too rare pootle on the bike, Pennines, keilder, over the border, back to Brampton and then home from there.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

I'm out out today to my first public gathering, a beer festival. I'm hoping the fact it's a) in open sided marquees and b) mostly populated by bearded old men mean I don't get pinged.