What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:48 pm
Noggin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:44 pm Converted two more of my bras to front fastening. I hate wrecking lovely bras, but needs must. They won't look as good or be quite as good, but hey, I'll be able to do them up!! LOL :thumbup:
I can honestly say,I've never done that job any day. :silent:

TBF, I'd be quite surprised if you said you had!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

the_priest wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:22 pm Bike returned 77mpg as well.
Must try harder. ;)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
2xtwins

Post by 2xtwins »

Gentle bimble on the bike to visit aged parents and brother. Spent a nice hour or so shooting the breeze and drinking coffee. Suitably socially distanced, of course.
Came home and had an unannounced visit from youngest son with a couple of bottles of Hobgoblin which made me realise the major positive to come out of this CV-19....family, for me, is what life is all about.
I live on my own - apart from my 11yo hound - and days like today really make me appreciate life.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

636mick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:00 pm Yesterday and today I built this, not quite finished yet. I am now sat on it drinking Corona to celebrate the pain I am in. Not bad for a 60 years and 11 month old git!!

I don’t get any sun low down in the garden, so decking was needed!!
2FC4F429-2009-4E66-B17C-22F90FE85D0E.jpeg

It looked like this before.

66CD7A61-20BC-4656-ACF3-46082F39A4D5.jpeg
You’re THAT OLD! Somehow in my head you were a much younger version. Won’t you need steps to get up on to it? :lol:

Great looking decking. :clap:

Are you planning on staging any plays for the neighbours? A bit of Shakespeare maybe?

Enjoy but try not to fall off if you’ve had too many and never invite Noggin over. She’s sure to fall off it! :lol:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Ha, she probably would!!
Steps will soon be added.
It’s the only way I could get it in the sun. The neighbours have done similar but bigger. The gardens here are quite steep, a bloke 3 doors along has spent 3 weeks digging his out into 3 terraces, now he’s putting walls up.
Wish I was younger, although maybe not!!
Cheers
Mick.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

WelshDragon wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:08 pm
Enjoy but try not to fall off if you’ve had too many and never invite Noggin over. She’s sure to fall off it! :lol:
636mick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm Ha, she probably would!!

Oi you two. I'll have you know that I normally manage stairs and steps just fine. I even have a step ladder to get up to the bed, so sod off!! LOL
:wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the flight of stairs thing was excessive, but I haven't fallen down a flight of stairs for about 48 years, so I think I have done pretty well really :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Horse

Post by Horse »

636mick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:15 pm I get to pick up swans when they land on a wet motorway thinking it’s a river,
Only been bitten once, but man do they have strong beaks and jaws, broke the skin through a heavy reflective jacket, left a massive bruise. Then the bloody thing flew off anyway!
I heard a tale a few years back of a crew who picked up a swan. Luckily, they were on a bridge over a river, so hefted the swan over the parapet.

Unluckily, swan couldn't 'take off' from plummeting vertically. Not a good ending for the swan.

In the office we considered whether to design a 'swan cannon' to help with launching them :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Noggin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:35 pm
WelshDragon wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:08 pm
636mick wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm Ha, she probably would!!

Oi you two. I'll have you know that I normally manage stairs and steps just fine. I even have a step ladder to get up to the bed, so sod off!! LOL
:wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the flight of stairs thing was excessive, but I haven't fallen down a flight of stairs for about 48 years, so I think I have done pretty well really :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your reputation for enjoying being on the floor precedes you. :lol: I mean you’re so good at it you even have your own thread now! :lol: :lol: :P
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Watered the garden with a hosepipe (naughty me) for the first time in 20 years because my 9 water barrels are empty and my plants are on their knees. It’s raining really heavily now. :lol: :lol:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Late finish last night following the BLM incursion onto the M6 and the internal issues that followed. Woke early to start the long day of calls, emails and paperwork to sort the issues out.

Currently sat in my home office listening to a woodpecker in the woods having a peck at some wood!! May have to go in later to get some cctv footage down loaded from a car.

Hoping Noggers won’t fall up, down or off anything today!

Mick.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

scottyuk wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 pm Came across this which I thought was pretty cool and different for a memorial
Weird and very thought provoking, where is it ?
Brian
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Got a call friday saying a few of us are returning to work to get the hotel ready for opening in july.

So rode the husky to work this morning thinking it would be fun, wrong, valve needs doing as when its running and you slow down it likes to cut out,
unless you rev quite a bit, doing that in morning traffic traffic is not the one, :hmmm:

also was quite nervous as i went past 3 sets of motorcycle police, they did't look at me. i thought they might chase my on a black noisy SuperMoto.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

hilldweller wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 am
scottyuk wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 pm Came across this which I thought was pretty cool and different for a memorial
Bradwell on Sea, Essex : https://goo.gl/maps/MhHsQL4E9dBwg3mH8
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Late last night i got a panicked call from the girlfriend to tell me someone, we think we know who, had smashed the windscreen and two side windows on her car. In the house was the girlfriend and her daughter.
I shot up there, fairly quickly, and arrived just after the Police had left.
On checking the damage I also found two tyres had been stabbed on the daughters car and the window scratched.
The clever culprit had left the broken knife by the car. They also were unaware of the ring doorbell.
Police returned to collect the knife. They already had the cctv from the doorbell.

Her neighbour, a bullying, cowardly piece of shit who has caused her many problems in the past obviously though we must have split up as we have not seen each other for 10 weeks, I normally spend half the week there.
When the banging started the neighbours two doors away came out as it was so loud, funnily enough the cowardly piece of crap didn’t even look out of his window in case it was one of his cars being damaged so we are fairly certain he was to blame.
Police advised me to not do anything, obviously, and it would take weeks before the knife could be fingerprinted etc, and any action taken by them.
This isn’t the first time things have happened, it’s the first time he’s damaged cars though.
Couldn’t stop over as I’m on call, no spare clothes there at the moment, so just got home.

It probably stems from the neighbours totally ignoring lockdown and the restrictions placed on the UK and the girlfriends daughter making her feelings known when they had a friend and her kids over, sat in the garden drinking in the middle of lockdown.

So angry at the moment, just want to punch his lights out but realise I need to let the Police do their thing. There are some bullying cowards in this world, I just hope he gets his just deserts one way or another.
Going back later in the day as I am genuinely fearful of her and the daughters safety now. Really looking forward to seeing him and discussing what happened with him.
Mick.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

scottyuk wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:38 pm
hilldweller wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 am
Bradwell on Sea, Essex : https://goo.gl/maps/MhHsQL4E9dBwg3mH8
More info here.
http://www.beyondthepoint.co.uk/propert ... dwell-bay/

Many years ago when I rode with mates, we'd have our smoke break there. It was always very well kept and was told some local people regularly clean it? I hadn't been there for years until a couple of years ago I bought my Triumph Thruxton and rode out that way and noted it was still well kept.

Last edited by Taipan on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

636mick wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:41 am Late last night i got a panicked call from the girlfriend to tell me someone, we think we know who, had smashed the windscreen and two side windows on her car. In the house was the girlfriend and her daughter.
I shot up there, fairly quickly, and arrived just after the Police had left.
On checking the damage I also found two tyres had been stabbed on the daughters car and the window scratched.
The clever culprit had left the broken knife by the car. They also were unaware of the ring doorbell.
Police returned to collect the knife. They already had the cctv from the doorbell.

Her neighbour, a bullying, cowardly piece of shit who has caused her many problems in the past obviously though we must have split up as we have not seen each other for 10 weeks, I normally spend half the week there.
When the banging started the neighbours two doors away came out as it was so loud, funnily enough the cowardly piece of crap didn’t even look out of his window in case it was one of his cars being damaged so we are fairly certain he was to blame.
Police advised me to not do anything, obviously, and it would take weeks before the knife could be fingerprinted etc, and any action taken by them.
This isn’t the first time things have happened, it’s the first time he’s damaged cars though.
Couldn’t stop over as I’m on call, no spare clothes there at the moment, so just got home.

It probably stems from the neighbours totally ignoring lockdown and the restrictions placed on the UK and the girlfriends daughter making her feelings known when they had a friend and her kids over, sat in the garden drinking in the middle of lockdown.

So angry at the moment, just want to punch his lights out but realise I need to let the Police do their thing. There are some bullying cowards in this world, I just hope he gets his just deserts one way or another.
Going back later in the day as I am genuinely fearful of her and the daughters safety now. Really looking forward to seeing him and discussing what happened with him.
Mick.
BMP that does. You got a problem with someone, sort it out wth them, not damage their property. Hope the cowardly POS gets nicked for it and if you get the evidence sue him for damages.
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am More info here.

Thanks.

If you are interested, I read a book "First Light" by Geoffrey Wellum that give incredible detail of those days. He joined the RAF, from a public school, at 17 and was more or less burned out by 21. The detail is amazing, I remember the almost absurd instructions from the RAF about what he was to bring when arriving to train to be a pilot with a life expectancy of weeks, bring your "dinner jacket".
Brian
636mick

Post by 636mick »

hilldweller wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 am
Taipan wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 am More info here.

Thanks.

If you are interested, I read a book "First Light" by Geoffrey Wellum that give incredible detail of those days. He joined the RAF, from a public school, at 17 and was more or less burned out by 21. The detail is amazing, I remember the almost absurd instructions from the RAF about what he was to bring when arriving to train to be a pilot with a life expectancy of weeks, bring your "dinner jacket".
I’ve read that a couple of times, excellent book.
Mick
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

hilldweller wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:10 am
Thanks.

Ordered
G.P

Post by G.P »

Today I received the new Battery for my Triumph Tiger so installed that and ran her up to temperature. Put new rack on it, booked it for an MOT and gave her a clean. She's been sornd for over a year but I might need a motorway mule soon so she's coming back into service :)