Le Mans 24 hrs

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
The Spin Doctor

Le Mans 24 hrs

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Just in case you didn't know. Eurosport are showing coverage of the Le Mans 24 hours. The race is about 8 hours in at the moment, the SERT Suzuki is leading from the YART Yamaha. The Ducati has already run out of fuel and had to be pushed in, and the BMW has just pitted for what appeared to be a swap of the fuel injection system.

Lovely weather this year! Would be nice if they stuck with the later date, I've spent too many days huddled in waterproofs in non-stop rain, or freezing in the tent at night when the temperature didn't get above freezing overnight.

What's even better news is that Spa-Francorchamps is back on the calendar for next year. The fixture was a regular on the race calendar from 1973 to 2003, and I went to most of them from about 1980-onwards.

I even went to the 2004 event. Along with some friends (and quite a few thousand other people) we turned up to find that the event had been cancelled just a couple of days before the event. The only good news was that the Tour de France was passing through Liege just a few miles away on the Sunday, so we went over there to watch the event.

The circuit is currently being updated to meet safety standards and the race is scheduled for early June. It'll also be a completely new format for a 24 hour endurance race. It'll start after sunset, at 10pm on the Friday, and finish in the dark on the Saturday evening. The Sunday will be" entirely devoted to fans, as the championship’s major bike brands will be able to invite up to 10,000 supporters to ride a few laps of the Spa circuit in full safety conditions on their own bikes".
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Skub

Re: Le Mans 24 hrs

Post by Skub »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:10 pm The Sunday will be" entirely devoted to fans, as the championship’s major bike brands will be able to invite up to 10,000 supporters to ride a few laps of the Spa circuit in full safety conditions on their own bikes".
What could possibly go wrong. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Le Mans 24 hrs

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Watched the Eurosport coverage, shame they're not showing the whole race.

So are we going to Spa next year to watch?

I can probably get a discount on the Harwich - Hook crossing, but it takes forever and the Hook is further from Spa than Calais.
Honda Owner