Bemsee

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Nobby

Bemsee

Post by Nobby »

Canceled the next meet at Silverstone. Under the circumstances I doubt that will be the last.
That means we can concentrate on the next two European meetings in France and Italy.....
:roll:
Nobby

Re: Bemsee

Post by Nobby »

August 8th could be the return date. Fingers crossed
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bemsee do Silverstone? Wow. I may come up if allowed
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

The Silverstone date was back in April.
Just three meetings lined up. Caldwell, Donnington and Brands.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

ACU are starting to accept permit applications from the 15th and issuing permits for events after the 4th of July.

Might get a race or two this year.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Bemsee are now looking at holding a test "event" at Brands Indy on the July 17-19 weekend which was meant to be the Brands GP race weekend which has now been swapped to October with what was an Indy weekend .

The thinking seems to be that everyone has been off racing for months so before they all go barrelling into turn 1 full of testosterone and frustration there is a 3 day weekend to iron out the rough spots/get rid of the lunacy and also try out the paddock with social distancing and also getting the marshals and rescue staff up to speed in the new normal.

From reading a few posts from racers i know elsewhere not all are impressed but some see it as a good thing. Bemsee are looking at race start at Cadwell early august and Brands GP is their "biggie" for the season so i can see why they have flipped the date just in case the July date is scrubbed
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Bigyin wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:45 pm Bemsee are now looking at holding a test "event" at Brands Indy on the July 17-19 weekend which was meant to be the Brands GP race weekend which has now been swapped to October with what was an Indy weekend .

The thinking seems to be that everyone has been off racing for months so before they all go barrelling into turn 1 full of testosterone and frustration there is a 3 day weekend to iron out the rough spots/get rid of the lunacy and also try out the paddock with social distancing and also getting the marshals and rescue staff up to speed in the new normal.

From reading a few posts from racers i know elsewhere not all are impressed but some see it as a good thing. Bemsee are looking at race start at Cadwell early august and Brands GP is their "biggie" for the season so i can see why they have flipped the date just in case the July date is scrubbed
My opinion on the Test Day.
Bemsee are saying that after a long period of no racing , they would like to give the riders some track time with no pressure of racing. That doesn't do it for me. It's not a new circuit. People don't forget how to ride. In the "good old days " , we would turn up on the first Saturday in march , offload the bike from the trailer , kick the tyres , lift the petrol tank and do three laps of practice. Then go racing.
The second point though I do agree with. It will be a learning curve for all involved. Marshals will have some new procedures for sure. Bike recovery. Going to see your mate in the commentary box. Garage allocation ?? I can visualize the paddock areas being rammed full ( and a lot of folk using the woods for a toilet )
It would be better to learn " the new normal" at a test weekend rather than a race one.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Nobby wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:07 am
My opinion on the Test Day.
Bemsee are saying that after a long period of no racing , they would like to give the riders some track time with no pressure of racing. That doesn't do it for me. It's not a new circuit. People don't forget how to ride. In the "good old days " , we would turn up on the first Saturday in march , offload the bike from the trailer , kick the tyres , lift the petrol tank and do three laps of practice. Then go racing.
The second point though I do agree with. It will be a learning curve for all involved. Marshals will have some new procedures for sure. Bike recovery. Going to see your mate in the commentary box. Garage allocation ?? I can visualize the paddock areas being rammed full ( and a lot of folk using the woods for a toilet )
It would be better to learn " the new normal" at a test weekend rather than a race one.
Glad you can see it as quite a few of my racing mates seem to have completely missed the second point and are pissed off they have had their Brands GP meeting moved to October rather than the summer. The test weekend thing makes a load of sense to me and what they seem to have also missed is IF there is a second spike and problem a race weekend could still be scrubbed by new restrictions ...... By moving the Brands GP meeting to later in the year Bemsee keep the date on their calendar with a reduced chance of losing the meeting which is fairly crafty IMHO and all the racers who are pissed off still get to play on the big circuit, but with a chance of poorer weather
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

B249A84C-28F5-4B29-BA8A-418E32550C61.jpeg
B249A84C-28F5-4B29-BA8A-418E32550C61.jpeg (102.79 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Top Tip for the New Normal :
Bring your own Cutlery