Free MotoGP For The Poor Folk

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Supermofo

Re: Free MotoGP For The Poor Folk

Post by Supermofo »

Not surprising is it. BT sport if you don't have BT internet is something silly like £20 a month which if you only watch GP on it is stupid. I pay something like a 10 or 11 quid and justify it as it's the only thing I really watch and occasionally they'll have a Hammers match on there.

I think the coverage is a bit better than when Eurosport had it but not 10-20 quid a month better. I used to like the old free Eurosport.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Supermofo wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:45 pm Not surprising is it. BT sport if you don't have BT internet is something silly like £20 a month which if you only watch GP on it is stupid. I pay something like a 10 or 11 quid and justify it as it's the only thing I really watch and occasionally they'll have a Hammers match on there.

I think the coverage is a bit better than when Eurosport had it but not 10-20 quid a month better. I used to like the old free Eurosport.
Yeah,I enjoyed the old Eurosport coverage too. There's no doubt BT put on a good and extensive coverage of the whole weekend practice and races,but for those like myself who have no interest in any other sport,it's a lot to pay. I hate the idea of funding their football coverage.

I use BT broadband,so get a 'discount',otherwise I doubt I'd pay £20 a month,even though I love the racing.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

As much as I love MotoGP I wouldn't spunk £20 a month on BT Sport just to watch it, I have no interest in anything else BT Sport show.

You can get an online season pass for £170 iirc, but that's a lot to spend in a oner, I might ask for one for Christmas or something.

I took out a £20 Eurosplurt online subscription earlier in the year (£20 for the whole year, not a month). It streams in HD, I watched all the WSBK races this weekend without any complication.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Good to see the British MotoGP will be on ITV4, as I know lots of people who will watch it.

It is only shown on subscription TV here in Spain, even though they hold three rounds of the championship.

But Austria's Servus TV shows official coverage for free, and in English, and there are lots of free VPN's to enable you to watch it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Whysub wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 pm Good to see the British MotoGP will be on ITV4, as I know lots of people who will watch it.

It is only shown on subscription TV here in Spain, even though they hold three rounds of the championship.

But Austria's Servus TV shows official coverage for free, and in English, and there are lots of free VPN's to enable you to watch it.
Get a MAG box and buy a subscription online.

Not as naughty as in UK
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

ITV4? I feel like a need a shower having just passed through it whilst watching telly.

>Shudder<
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Yorick wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:21 pm
Get a MAG box and buy a subscription online.

Not as naughty as in UK
I have not had an issue with Servus TV at all, with no buffering or drop out, plus I can watch it anywhere there is a wi-fi signal.

Don't those MAG boxes need a minimum internet speed to work? I have over the air internet, so the speed is low? And don't they use up a lot of GB's? Not very good when my provider has a set GB limit, and no one in this area does unlimited internet.

A few IPTV providers on the Costa Blanca were shut down, leaving many people out of pocket, and complaining they were screwed over by the companies as now the equipment was useless and they weren't getting a refund.

I'm sure Sky, BT and other subscription services were somewhat happier