Scoot racing Cadwell

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Supermofo

Scoot racing Cadwell

Post by Supermofo »

Looks aces and I bet it smells even better. Passed a troop of scoots going the other way Sunday and could smell them for about 2 miles

weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Scoot racing Cadwell

Post by weeksy »

That was the worst start ever....

2mins 00 laptimes are impressive on something like that though !
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

They raced at most of the BHR meetings I did on the sidecar. It's by far the biggest class BHR host and it's UBER competitive.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 am They raced at most of the BHR meetings I did on the sidecar. It's by far the biggest class BHR host and it's UBER competitive.
I note in the comments someone said some are tuned to 55 bhp. That's a lot for an old scooter!

Might have to keep my eye out for Snet or Brands if we are ever let back in to watch.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Actually that looks the most fun since I last watched MZ racing. There's a common theme! I seem to recall hearing that was proper competitive as well at the sharp end.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

MZ's started off as cheap racing, but if you look at the spec of machine they're running and the cost of building one from scratch you'd be surprised.

I looked at it before going Desmo Due. DD is a stock class, no real tuning allowed and the rules are mostly followed.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:35 am DD is a stock class, no real tuning allowed and the rules are mostly followed.
Things must have changed then... One of our other members on here is an ex- class A and B championship winner, the stories we could both tell you about cheating back in the day.

It was comical that i actually posted and was banned from the DSC forum and had a guy from Ducati UK who shall remain nameless calling me up on a Sat morning on my mobile to tell me i was out of order and bringing their series into disrepute. I think he spent 20 minutes on the phone to me telling me how a guy from Ducati in Italy would be calling me and how no-one was cheating...

This was back in the Geoff Spencer days and Ducati London South, along with Baines racing and lightened flywheels. I even recall us going to buy a bike that'd been raced in DD for 2 seasons, in the box of spares was a standard flywheel. When Crust questioned why he had a standard flywheel the bloke smirked and shrugged... LOL. As soon as we got the bike back, the standard flywheel was fitted by Crust.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yeah, that was back when it was all rich Ducati owners.

These days most people race it because it's cheap, hardly anyone owns a Ducati road bike.

The racing is that close it's pretty easy to tell if one bike is notably faster than the others. I got 5th in championship one year and had 4x 3rd places on a bike that dyno'ed at 59bhp (class limit was 65).