Welcome to our new home - thanks Weeksy!

Welcome to REVTOTHELIMIT. Your forum for all things MOTORBIKE. From Ducati to Yamaha, from Suzuki to KTM, from Dakar to WSB, MotoGP and BSB. Come in and talk motorbikes with us. We have racers, riders, trackdays, we have DAS instructors and coaches.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to our new home - thanks Weeksy!

Post by weeksy »

I'm hoping that with a clean slate all round and some strong moderating if needed we'll try and get some of the spirit of the old days back. As well as that, if it takes off I'd also like us to welcome new posters and give them a chance to prove they're not aliases to cause trouble.

Trust me, if someone posts as an alias just to cause issues with another member I won't be banning just the alias, the parent account will be banned, IP blocked, etc, no discussion, no debate.

Clashes of personality I can and will accept, I know these happen and that's ok, but again, there will be lines drawn and if people cross them, out comes the ban hammer. This one will be a little more lenient to start with warnings and temp permissions removed. After that, well, it's fairly apparent as to where the next step is.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'll add my thanks to the mix too. Nice one weeksy. :)

And I might add how good it is to see Lord Skub of Skubington here. :D
Druid

Post by Druid »

Skub wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm Big up to Weeksy for stepping up to the mark,you deserve kudos and support for sure fella. 8-)

I drifted away from TRC a number of years ago,but I kept in touch with a lot of members on F/B,so I wasn't entirely out of the loop. Tragic events such as the passing of Mr.Tack served to underscore the feeling of community,and differences were set aside despite there being personality clashes between members. To me that's kinda like family,sometimes we get on each other's tits,but when it counts we all pull together.

My own life has changed a lot in the last few years and I've had some healthy doses of perspective,so any baggage/history I have with any member past or present is left at the door. Aside from moth,I'll always hate him. :P
Good to see you again
Bomble

Post by Bomble »

Hi, long time lurker and occasional poster from Trc :D
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Hi to all the old faces and hopefully some new ones.

Good job Weeksy
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:28 pm And I might add how good it is to see Lord Skub of Skubington here. :D
I get enough shit from the grumpy bog hopper on FB without having to get it here too ;)
WheeliePig

Post by WheeliePig »

Are all new threads approved by admin, or just mine? :lol:
WheeliePig

Post by WheeliePig »

Cheers Weeksy.

How long before you say... "fuck this... this lot are a bunch of *%$#s"

:lol:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

WheeliePig wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:44 pm Cheers Weeksy.

How long before you say... "fuck this... this lot are a bunch of *%$#s"

:lol:
He already knows that so everything is self inflicted ;)
moth

Post by moth »

Skub wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 pm Big up to Weeksy for stepping up to the mark,you deserve kudos and support for sure fella. 8-)

I drifted away from TRC a number of years ago,but I kept in touch with a lot of members on F/B,so I wasn't entirely out of the loop. Tragic events such as the passing of Mr.Tack served to underscore the feeling of community,and differences were set aside despite there being personality clashes between members. To me that's kinda like family,sometimes we get on each other's tits,but when it counts we all pull together.

My own life has changed a lot in the last few years and I've had some healthy doses of perspective,so any baggage/history I have with any member past or present is left at the door. Aside from moth,I'll always hate him. :P
It's mutual, you old fucker :)
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Brommo

Post by Brommo »

Cheers Weeksy :D