weeksy
Site Admin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by weeksy »

Try Hyena MX graphics
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Bought a cheap DA Polisher, had a go at the screen on the BRB, it's come out looking alright, but I've got polish all over everything in the garage. Might have used a bit too much water on the mop head and not followed the instructions to put the polisher on the item before pressing the button.

At least the screen doesn't have that yellow tinge anymore.
singlesman

Post by singlesman »

Yorick, these ones came from an outfit called ‘Factory MX Graphics’, and seemed decent quality.
Think we’ve had 3 different sets from various suppliers and they’ve all been of similar quality.
Should have learned the lesson re- fitting them, and in fairness they’re a doddle on the flattish panels, unfortunately not many of those on a Crf!
Horse

Post by Horse »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:55 pm I've got polish all over everything in the garage. ... and not followed the instructions to put the polisher on the item before pressing the button.
:D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Sprayed some egg and dart coving as I got sick of trying to get the brush in the nooks n crannies, proceeded to spray the small ceiling at the top of the house to good effect, just needs a further quick lash over to finish it.

Scratch built three plywood wall cabinets including edge banding the visible edges, all ready for painting. I’ve just got to screw together the parts for a larder unit and two base cabinets before starting the rip out of the pantry.
Skub

Post by Skub »

A stream of consciousness download. Just putting thoughts in order.

I was sitting in the house on Sunday afternoon when I saw a police car stop outside and a female officer come to the front door. My first thought was I'd been spotted misbehaving on the bike the day before. Call it guilty conscience from long experience. ;)
It wasn't too long into the hours which followed,when I wished that's all it was.

My brother in law used to be an ordinance surveyor from back when they still went out into the field with a theodolite and drew maps. Even though he'd retired early 20 years ago,he still kept an interest in local features.

BIL's car had been reported parked by the side of the road close to a local beauty spot. The car had been there from the previous afternoon,so the alarm was raised and the police wanted to know if he had been in contact. He'd been spotted walking across fields armed with his usual maps and stuff,but hadn't returned.

The coastguard was launched and his body was found lying on rocks after a 60ft drop. We are all convinced in wasn't a suicide,just a terrible accident. He had grass on his hands from trying to save himself,but at least it would have been quick for him.

Alan was one of life's gentleman and a character to boot. He nursed a girlfriend through a terrible illness for over 20 years,when her own family wanted nothing to do with her. They even billed him for her funeral costs. (her family are undertakers) His generosity in this case and many others was boundless.

To say all of this is surreal is an understatement,all the family are in a total state of disbelief. I can't get my head around it. Informing other family members has been nothing short of traumatic.

Ride safe out there all you good people and enjoy every sandwich.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Horse

Post by Horse »

Aw bugger, that's horrible for you. Condolences.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

That's all sorts of rubbish. My Condolences.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Sad news Skub.

Başiniz sağolsun.
Wossname

Post by Wossname »

That's really hard to handle. I can't say anything that will help, but you have my sympathy.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Really sorry to hear that Skub. Thinking of you and your family X
Lockdown refugee
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm
How would we know the answer? I doubt I've ever tried it?
It's used in a metric boat load of medicines
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:42 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm
How would we know the answer? I doubt I've ever tried it?
It's used in a metric boat load of medicines
But unless you know that in advance, which some do, how could you answer the question, that's my point. It's a random question really.

It's like saying "are you allergic to seahorses?" Well I've never bloody eaten one, so I have no clue.

Is this one of those times where if you have to explain yourself 300 times then it's kinda lost any point?

Oh, yes.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Skub wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:09 pm A stream of consciousness download. Just putting thoughts in order.

I was sitting in the house on Sunday afternoon when I saw a police car stop outside and a female officer come to the front door. My first thought was I'd been spotted misbehaving on the bike the day before. Call it guilty conscience from long experience. ;)
It wasn't too long into the hours which followed,when I wished that's all it was.

My brother in law used to be an ordinance surveyor from back when they still went out into the field with a theodolite and drew maps. Even though he'd retired early 20 years ago,he still kept an interest in local features.

BIL's car had been reported parked by the side of the road close to a local beauty spot. The car had been there from the previous afternoon,so the alarm was raised and the police wanted to know if he had been in contact. He'd been spotted walking across fields armed with his usual maps and stuff,but hadn't returned.

The coastguard was launched and his body was found lying on rocks after a 60ft drop. We are all convinced in wasn't a suicide,just a terrible accident. He had grass on his hands from trying to save himself,but at least it would have been quick for him.

Alan was one of life's gentleman and a character to boot. He nursed a girlfriend through a terrible illness for over 20 years,when her own family wanted nothing to do with her. They even billed him for her funeral costs. (her family are undertakers) His generosity in this case and many others was boundless.

To say all of this is surreal is an understatement,all the family are in a total state of disbelief. I can't get my head around it. Informing other family members has been nothing short of traumatic.

Damn mate, that's a tough one. Really sorry for your loss.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Really sorry to hear that Skub.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Skub wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:09 pm A stream of consciousness download. Just putting thoughts in order.

So sorry. Hugs don't really help, but sending huge hugs to you. It's horrible having to call people and share the news

Alan sounds like an amazing man - RIP xx
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ogri

Post by ogri »

Condolences for your loss.
Ignorance is bliss
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

weeksy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:49 pm
But unless you know that in advance, which some do, how could you answer the question, that's my point. It's a random question really.

It's like saying "are you allergic to seahorses?" Well I've never bloody eaten one, so I have no clue.

Is this one of those times where if you have to explain yourself 300 times then it's kinda lost any point?

Oh, yes.
I get it.
For me it's common knowledge, most likely off the back of the reading I do / did about vaping, I just some times forget that not everyone's mind works the same as mine
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

ogri wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:42 pm Condolences for your loss.
Likewise :(
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Thoughts with you Skub.
Mick