Friday thread 26th, the final lockdown

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Friday thread 26th, the final lockdown

Post by weeksy »

Well as of Monday the restrictions are loosened, but we're pre-empting it slightly and driving to Swinley forest tomorrow, either that or meeting up with Crust for some riding locally.

I may see what GP is doing at the weekend and go shopping in a similar location

That's it mostly for this weekend, not an exciting one as always, but the plan is slightly extended for Monday arvo and Southampton bike park for some jumpy play for the boy.

I think the clocks change this weekend too which makes BBQ evenings at home far more of an option as well :) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
cheb

Re: Friday thread 26th, the final lockdown

Post by cheb »

Today, finishing the duck house and other shed faffing. Possibly borrowing a puller to remove some pulleys from an old compressor.
Tomorrow, family member birthday walk and lunch out somewhere.
Sunday, installing the duck house and more shed faffing.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 am
I think the clocks change this weekend too
One less hour in fucking lockdown, one gained out of lockdown.

We hope. :thumbup:
G.P

Post by G.P »

I think the Wiltshire contingent are getting together for outside beers in the garden on Sunday arvo, Sunday is the 29th right? ;)

This will probably be preceded with a ride out somewhere. One of the lads has just got a Ducati V2 and another and 899 Pani and I haven't had a go on either yet! - we May well catch up with weeksy for this.

I might try and get an MOT done on the Monster tomorrow morning, its currently on SORN ans I forgot all about it, good job I didn't get pulled over the last few weeks.

Oh, and watching the MotoGP..
formula400

Post by formula400 »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 am Well as of Monday the restrictions are loosened, but we're pre-empting it slightly and driving to Swinley forest tomorrow, either that or meeting up with Crust for some riding locally.
Naughty, law breaker, rule bender, straight to the tower with you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Tonight, step Dad over for dinner.

Tomorrow, Collecting some gates I've been given and hopefully getting a gate post from Homebase or somewhere. My Daughters boyfriend is going to gun out the concreate and put the posts in for me and he's supplying the concreate! So in the next few weeks I should have a nice set of double gates on the drive and it wont have cost me anything. :clap:

Sunday afternoon Father-in-law coming over. If the weather is okay we might have a BBQ!

Somewhere in between that I 'd like to clean our cars and my bike and cut the lawns, but I suspect I'll slack off of doing all of that!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I'm off now until after Easter so this is a very long weekend for me :banana-dance:

I'm having my first jab this afternoon and have nothing planned for the weekend which is handy as I may feel icky.
New rear tyre on Monday
New clutch (2019 Street Triple RS) and the 2nd under warranty from Triumph on Tuesday while I take a Trident out for a coffee.
The weather looks good for next next week so I hope to get some proper miles in and build up some biking stamina.
Lockdown refugee
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Getting ready for my 2nd birthday under lockdown, the big 5-0 tomorrow!
Wife has ordered in enough steak and seafood to feed an army along with copious quantities of wine from Laithwaites :thumbup:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism (gullibility?).
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Got that song stuck in my head now :?
Lockdown refugee
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Today, I are be mostly having a Covid vaccination and feeling a little bit dizzy afterwards.
Honda Owner
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism.
That.

Dunno really yet - Rugby tonight, possibly house painting over the weekend (couple of walls need finishing off), hopefully get out for a walk if the weather is good.
non quod, sed quomodo
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weeksy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:10 am Well as of Monday the restrictions are loosened, but we're pre-empting it slightly and driving to Swinley forest tomorrow, either that or meeting up with Crust for some riding locally.

I may see what GP is doing at the weekend and go shopping in a similar location

That's it mostly for this weekend, not an exciting one as always, but the plan is slightly extended for Monday arvo and Southampton bike park for some jumpy play for the boy.

I think the clocks change this weekend too which makes BBQ evenings at home far more of an option as well :) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Southampton Bike Park has changed to Tuesday arvo now, with Monday being Bourton on the Water on the motorcycle instead :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Trinity765 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm Got that song stuck in my head now :?
I know a song that'll get on yer nerves......
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

Kids away for the night, Indian takeaway ordered :thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Just finished 59 days from hell, on a court case that should have taken a month, but took more like three instead.

Giving my notice soon, then leaving my employer, moving to another in the same sector, and I'll be sitting in the same chair, working in the same office with the same team but as the skipper instead of the temporary skipper. Confusing? :mrgreen:

I'm transferring forces and getting promoted in-post at the same time.
cheb

Post by cheb »

cheb wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:40 am Today, finishing the duck house and other shed faffing. Possibly borrowing a puller to remove some pulleys from an old compressor.
Tomorrow, family member birthday walk and lunch out somewhere.
Sunday, installing the duck house and more shed faffing.
The duck house. You can't see them but there's a slot all round the sides and back for ventilation and so the ducks can look out. It needs door hinges and some wiggly tin for the roof. Both are elsewhere.

I got the grub screw out of the pulley and applied some penetrating oil. I suspect I'll have to make a puller for it.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Try to stay away long enough to watch the rugby tonight - not sure if the jab has made me tired or my brain attempting to operate at a million miles an hour has!!!

Tomorrow - go to talk to someone about something that might be awesome if it works out. Maybe drive to the valley - people keep saying my left arm with hurt from the jab, but hopefully not as want to go to the valley!! Evening, who knows. Might do some baking. Proper got the blues at the mo and we have another lockdown looming so the end is not in sight here :( :(

Sunday. Forecast is for sun so will try and drag myself out of the blues and go walk up a mountain. Probably. Got a load of French homework to do and some organising sorting to do here. Just need to haul ass to try and prevent getting too miserable!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Docca

Post by Docca »

Congrats Fruity :banana-wrench:

Tonight: Chinese take away and having a go on the wife. The last au pair has moved out, the annexe is free so most of the kids are having a ‘sleepover’ there tonight, so they won’t hear the donkey punching.

Tomorrow: MTB and dog walk
Sunday: MTB and dog walk

Monday: off for two weeks.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Fruity wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 pm Kids away for the night, Indian takeaway ordered :thumbup: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Just finished 59 days from hell, on a court case that should have taken a month, but took more like three instead.

Giving my notice soon, then leaving my employer, moving to another in the same sector, and I'll be sitting in the same chair, working in the same office with the same team but as the skipper instead of the temporary skipper. Confusing? :mrgreen:

I'm transferring forces and getting promoted in-post at the same time.
Congratulations!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:

Shed and Garage pottering and trying to look for somewhere to get away for a week without having our eyes ripped out,
Skub

Post by Skub »

Rockburner wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:24 pm
Saga Lout wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:05 pm You think this is the final lockdown? I admire your optimism.
That.
Easter and how folk behave will determine lockdown. (I may be hopeful,but I'm not optimistic)

If the cases begin rising again,we'll be at least back where we started. Rinse and repeat.

I've to block off the PAIR valve and O2 sensor in preparation for the bike's coming dyno run and ecu flash early next week.
Last edited by Skub on Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955