BT Sport MotoGP Coverage To Continue.

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

BT Sport MotoGP Coverage To Continue.

Post by Yorick »

Woo hoo. I love their coverage :)

And SP is a nice little bonus ;)

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/95071 ... until-2024
Skub

Re: BT Sport MotoGP Coverage To Continue.

Post by Skub »

One of the few things on tv worth paying for. I just wish they'd show more bike stuff in the winter,I don't follow ball games,so there are months I never use what I'm paying for.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Scuffmark

Post by Scuffmark »

I'd like to watch it but at £25 a month just for BT sport means I'll be sticking to watching the highlights on ITV4.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Scuffmark wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:04 pm I'd like to watch it but at £25 a month just for BT sport means I'll be sticking to watching the highlights on ITV4.
Find a friend who has it and ask if they mind you using their login for the BT player on t'internet. ;)

Doesnt cost them anything and you then plug laptop into television to watch on big screen ....only downside is you watch it live as you cant record it , or watch the day later when they put the full race re runs on the site
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Scuffmark wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:04 pm I'd like to watch it but at £25 a month just for BT sport means I'll be sticking to watching the highlights on ITV4.
Aye, it's deffo expensive, i think i pay £13 because i have BT Broadband. But i do watch football too, so it evens itself up a bit for me.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

I get it through Plusnet (a version of BT) and it's £15/month on multiple devices. Like Weeksy I also watch the football so it works for me. It's a significantly better deal than getting it via Sky or Virgin - but that's another story.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I like BT sport coverage too. Think I managed to knock them down to a tenner a month and it's the only thing I religiously watch so worth it for me. And they've had the odd Hammers game on as well in the winter so watch that.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

:( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Keith Heuwen doesn't sound too pleased.
Finally, I have to answer the question as to what really happened between myself and BT Sport and what am I going to do? Well, Michael Laverty once said to me that reasons and excuses sounded pretty similar so don’t bother with either of them.

“Well, there are reasons for me being in the situation I’m in. I’m obviously not happy at not doing MotoGP and I would quite like to be doing it still but not the way we were doing it so the time was right for me to step aside and I did.

“I am enjoying the time I am having, which all sounds very flowery and wonderful but I have to say I am made to be beside a track. It is something I absolutely enjoy. Getting on and off an aeroplane is something that has never bothered me and it doesn’t now.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Yorick wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:18 pm Keith Heuwen doesn't sound too pleased.
Finally, I have to answer the question as to what really happened between myself and BT Sport and what am I going to do? Well, Michael Laverty once said to me that reasons and excuses sounded pretty similar so don’t bother with either of them.

“Well, there are reasons for me being in the situation I’m in. I’m obviously not happy at not doing MotoGP and I would quite like to be doing it still but not the way we were doing it so the time was right for me to step aside and I did.

“I am enjoying the time I am having, which all sounds very flowery and wonderful but I have to say I am made to be beside a track. It is something I absolutely enjoy. Getting on and off an aeroplane is something that has never bothered me and it doesn’t now.
I know there are lots who can't stand him, but I'm not one and think Hewen has done a decent job all things considered.
I'll be interested to see who they put into the Anchorman role- hopefully someone also half-decent such as Gavin Emmet , or even Steve Day is OK- as long as its not Toby Moody, I really (really) don't miss him :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Well that's a bit shit. Old Keef commentated on our road races here on occasion and always seemed like one of the lads. As an ex racer he is knowledgeable and as a fan,enthusiastic.
I wish him all the best.

I hope we don't get some hysterical,squeaky voiced dude,such as the guy who did Moto E,man I watched that with the sound off.
Walt Whitman
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tricky wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:12 pm

I know there are lots who can't stand him, but I'm not one and think Hewen has done a decent job all things considered.
I'll be interested to see who they put into the Anchorman role- hopefully someone also half-decent such as Gavin Emmet , or even Steve Day is OK- as long as its not Toby Moody, I really (really) don't miss him :D
You will be pleased to know that Gav Emmett has been given the lead commentator gig in place of Heuwen to work alongside the others in the assorted classes. BT have also poached Natalie Quirk away from the speedway paddock and will replace Gav in the pitlane
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:11 pm
Tricky wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:12 pm

You will be pleased to know that Gav Emmett has been given the lead commentator gig in place of Heuwen to work alongside the others in the assorted classes. BT have also poached Natalie Quirk away from the speedway paddock and will replace Gav in the pitlane
She'll hardly knock Suzie off her perch.

https://www.svgeurope.org/future-sport- ... lie-quirk/
Skub

Post by Skub »

I can deal with that choice. GE is a clever dude and easy on the ears. I don't know the lady concerned.
Walt Whitman
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:52 pm
I can deal with that choice. GE is a clever dude and easy on the ears. I don't know the lady concerned.
Seen her a couple of times on speedway and seems to be right in amongst it with riders happy to talk to her and does her homework from what i have seen. Having Hodgy or MLav alongside her for the first couple of meetings will get her in the garages and her face known quicker in the MotoGP paddock IMO :thumbup:
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I hope she's as good as Melanie Sykes.
lostboy

Post by lostboy »

It was always noticeable that Gavin Emmett was everywhere around the pit lane and team buses before, during and after the event. Other than a German girl I don't think there was a harder working media person - and one that certainly seemed to engage with the riders and teams - than Gavin*. Huewen would rock into Danny Aldridge's office for a five minute chat, take no notes and then fuck off to god knows where. That level of "preparation" showed in his commentary and it certainly showed across the commentary of the classes in the last few seasons as Gav was tossed the bone of doing Moto3 and clearly knew what he was talking about without coming across as some sort of Motsonesque stat-twat. It was probably that difference that did for Huewen and he's got no-one to blame but himself.

*Hodgson gets himself about a LOT. He really uses his networks well - under that "northern boy done good" jokey exterior he's a grafter and continues to be very well respected as a result.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

What the fuck happened with their advert!

the_priest

Post by the_priest »

ITV4 Freeview catchup on Monday's. PVR set to record!!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Got a VPN? Click on to Austria. Then go to Servustv.com and you can watch full coverage (including all the free practice sessions, qualifying and warm ups) for free. No costs at all.

No adverts, so completely full coverage, streams in 1080 HD. If that's not enough, the commentary is in ENGLISH (sadly lots of Simon Crafer though).

All legal as Servus TV is owned by KTM. Why wait for highlights?