What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

Woke not too early. Had coffee, took coffee to the wife. Woke daughter up for school as she is taking the bus. Then joined Zoom meeting.

Decided to wash the bike and clean the screen and windows on the car, inside and outside.

Hung up the washing and started a slow cook lentil curry. Will add the cauliflower this evening for the finishing 1/2 hour of the cook. Should be lush with a nice Viognier I have chilling in the fridge.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

WFH today, so i started at 07:30 and was done by midday. Headed off to Tesco to get the Step Mothers shopping then dropped the roof on the BMW, turned the volume up too loud on the sounds and headed off to Romford and back, generally furthering peoples opinions that all BMW drivers are wankers! :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I had planned to go to the swimming pool today but then it snowed big and I lost interest!! I'm sure it wouldn't have been that bad - warm pool and it's not quite freezing so my head wouldn't have got too cold!! But I wimped out.

Gonna have to go tomorrow as I told the physio I would and I'm seeing him tomorrow afternoon!! LOL

So I've sat and worked out the figures for the cost of making the cakes for a friends chalet last week. It's really hard to put a price on something you do for fun. She bought most of the ingredients, so I've suggested a price per cake plus a few quid to cover the expensive ingredient I had to use.

If I charge 'real' money for an hourly rate, the cakes get really expensive - still cheaper than the boulangerie, but expensive!!

She's just messaged to say she's going to pay me almost twice what I suggested. So that's pretty cool :D :D

Went to my favourite little cafe bar to take in a sample of the Bakewell Tart I made yesterday - he thinks I should set up an English Tea Room!! LOL LOL TBH, I'd bloody love to. Not convinced it would make a ton of money but it'd be fun. Downside is that there just wouldn't be a venue here that I could rent for sensible money to make that sort of business viable :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 pm WFH today, so i started at 07:30 and was done by midday. Headed off to Tesco to get the Step Mothers shopping then dropped the roof on the BMW, turned the volume up too loud on the sounds and headed off to Romford and back, generally furthering peoples opinions that all BMW drivers are wankers! :thumbup:
Mate, you didn't need to go to the trouble of buying a Beemer for us to figure that out.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:16 pm
Taipan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:57 pm WFH today, so i started at 07:30 and was done by midday. Headed off to Tesco to get the Step Mothers shopping then dropped the roof on the BMW, turned the volume up too loud on the sounds and headed off to Romford and back, generally furthering peoples opinions that all BMW drivers are wankers! :thumbup:
Mate, you didn't need to go to the trouble of buying a Beemer for us to figure that out.
Have you a BM?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:40 pm
gremlin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:16 pm
Have you a BM?
Mercedesssssssss Benzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Versprung cool as a penguin's fanny, as they say in Germany.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Tonight I had sprouts and it's not even Xmas.
Was on way back from doggy beach walk and saw a bar was doing a midweek roasty. I don't normally eat meals in Brit bars, but I know they do good roasts.

The missus is out with her pals tonight, so a no brainer really.
Awesome Yorkshires and gorgeous collie cheese.

Quaffed 2 pints and left a whole 9 Euro lighter, including tip.

Sat here happy at not having to cook or wash up :)
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Car needed a service, MOT, new back brakes and back tyres today. My wallet hurts but not as bad as last year when I broke two wheels in potholes as an extra bonus.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Just got some blood tests back and amongst the other stuff I can't translate, my cholesterol has gone up since Jan 2020 :( :( Bit peeved about that as I've always had low cholesterol despite being fat. So, somewhat miffed!!

:cry: :cry:

Now got to take the rest of the results to the doctor as I don't know what most of it means! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got stabbed...

ogri

Post by ogri »

Noggin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 pm Just got some blood tests back and amongst the other stuff I can't translate, my cholesterol has gone up since Jan 2020 :( :( Bit peeved about that as I've always had low cholesterol despite being fat. So, somewhat miffed!!

Now got to take the rest of the results to the doctor as I don't know what most of it means! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like most of us, it means your getting older with style ;)
Ignorance is bliss
ogri

Post by ogri »

ZRX61 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 pm Got stabbed...

Could be worse :)
Ignorance is bliss
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

ogri wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:29 pm Could be worse :)
Damn needle was 4in long. I didn't look to see how deep it went in, but it was an attention getter & grunt generator.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Well shit, apparently I could have died today from the stuff they gave me: "Before using triamcinolone, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other corticosteroids (such as methylprednisolone)"

I'm deathly allergic to prednisone as in waking up on the floor looking up at a bunch of doctors & nurses with the bloke holding the paddles saying "Welcome back, you were about to get zapped". :shock:

I seem to be doing ok so far... :o
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

No chance of a lay in this morning. Battened down the hatches. All roofs are still on, all trees still upright, a few stray bins.

https://earth.nullschool.net/

Lockdown refugee
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Completed the reading of Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky’s five books - The author ‘known for being unknown’. Phew! Some I had read before but needed a second reading to re-familiarise myself.

Nasty winds are a blowin’.

😉
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Noggin wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 pm Just got some blood tests back and amongst the other stuff I can't translate, my cholesterol has gone up since Jan 2020 :( :( Bit peeved about that as I've always had low cholesterol despite being fat. So, somewhat miffed!!

I still have low cholesterol but apparently that's not important, it's the ratio between HDL and LDL that matters as mine is not good.
I don't know how accurate that is but it's what my doctor said so it may be worth you looking it up and seeing how your score looks.
Statins may not help with that so there are limited options.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Trinity765 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:42 am No chance of a lay in this morning. Battened down the hatches. All roofs are still on, all trees still upright, a few stray bins.

It's a very pleasant 23c here today with a light breeze.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Yorick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am
Trinity765 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:42 am No chance of a lay in this morning. Battened down the hatches. All roofs are still on, all trees still upright, a few stray bins.

It's a very pleasant 23c here today with a light breeze.
I thought it might be :(
Lockdown refugee
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

@Yorick Your post-count would be greatly reduced if you only mentioned the weather when it was crap.
Lockdown refugee