Lydden Trackday Saturday 15th April £115

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Tricky

Lydden Trackday Saturday 15th April £115

Post by Tricky »

It is a diddy little place with no garages etc but fun. It's also a Saturday and relatively cheap, so I've booked :thumbup:

https://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/uk-tr ... 1618617600

The last time I was there was on a Tony Scott Pace Day, which |I reckon makes it a good 15 yrs or so ago so will be interesting to see how much, if any, it's changed (I'm guessing either not much or not at all :D )

Anyone else up for it?
Bigyin

Re: Lydden Trackday Saturday 15th April £115

Post by Bigyin »

Last time i was there i was testing as a passenger in an F1 sidecar outfit with the bloke who was leading the British F1 Championship (probably just before Tricky as i remember when Tony Scott set up a few different TD formats) .... its a tight little track but racers love it as you dont need loads of power to have fun and you can stick loads of different class bikes together and no distinct advantage as big bikes cant stretch their legs and smaller bikes handling can work well

This is me trying not to get thrown off as Ged was caning it round on a 1000cc tuned outfit as it was my first time on the outfit and he said "try and stay fairly central to start with, i wont give it much" ..... he overcooked the left hander up the hill and braked so late i almost got thrown over the front and this was me trying to get back into the tray and reset :D :D

Nobby

Post by Nobby »

A Saturday 3 weeks before the racing kicks off ?
Have fun.
Just spotted the 100db limit. That may deter a few.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I went to Lydden in 2004, turned out to be further than I thought, great little track, I really enjoyed it, seriously tempted to join you, but I'm at Snetterton on theMonday before
Honda Owner
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Nobby wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:39 am A Saturday 3 weeks before the racing kicks off ?
Have fun.
Just spotted the 100db limit. That may deter a few.
Aye- I thought I'd ease myself gently into it this year :lol:
Fingers crossed there won't be too many reds.

Mind you, I'm really not at all sure the Tyga system on the 390 will make it through noise testing @ 100dB even with baffles in (it's loud), so I will be taking the 765 as well just in case