What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Ditchfinder

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Ditchfinder »

Went for a ride on the E-MTB and broke my car :angry-cussingblack:

Engine fault is for a Camshaft position sensor and it won't tick over properly. Fingers crossed it's just the sensor and not jumped a tooth on the chain :shifty:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Rescued a pup.... he now has a forever home.
11F1D2C0-DB10-463F-9845-549574412158.jpeg
11F1D2C0-DB10-463F-9845-549574412158.jpeg (305.96 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Daughter didn’t exchange contracts yesterday but did move forward in the process, exchange is likely early next week, completion by Friday, so weekend has become my own!

I moved 7 pyracantha up against the fence so we can get cracking with the future garden project, son in law (to be) has scored us free hire on a micro digger in a couple of weeks to dig out some stumps, move the soil and level the area where the patio will end up, Hopefully he’ll be able to get hold of a rotavator a couple of days later to churn up and prepare the lawn area.

I’ve taken delivery of a load of hardwood ply to make some cabinets*, the 3/4” measures up at 17mm which throws out a few calls in the cut list and the 3/8” measures up at 8.6mm which creates an issue trying to find a router bit but not insurmountable.

* nowt fancy, just pocket screwed and glued together before painting.

The last job of the day was caulking around doors, skirting, and coving ready to throw some paint around.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 pm
v8-powered wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 am Work laptop had an unfortunate keyboard/tea interface a few weeks back but due to Covid they couldn't get an engineer out to replace, so sent me a keyboard instead. Stripped down said laptop and replaced keyboard myself, that's cost them 2 hours at my usual rate :thumbup:
Been cheaper to get you a new MacBook Pro wouldn't it? :hmmm:

:lol:
They'll realise that when my invoice lands! Got to make the most as IR35 hits me in April.....
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Housework, took dogs for a walk, went too vets to get dogs ketracel white, shortened satellite dish cabling after fitting new dish last week, cleaned ferrets cage and am currently "supervising" Staffie/Ferret play, yes the ferrets are winning. Goulash later.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Washed the car.

Remembered why I was happy to pay some illegal immigrants £5 to do it at the local hand car wash.
Docca

Post by Docca »

Said goodbye to our au pair. She’s been with us for over a year, almost exclusively during Covid and been amazing. A physics and maths grad, she’s taking another year out before going on to uni.

Also, she will almost certainly be our last au pair. 5 years of au pairs and I’d recommend the experience to anyone.

The upside is I get the man cave back for the summer and have already moved beer and cigars in. Tonight I’ll be watching Mannequin whilst having a strangle wank.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Docca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:23 pm Tonight I’ll be watching Mannequin whilst having a strangle wank.
The au pair left some panties behind 🤷‍♂️
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Docca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:23 pm Said goodbye to our au pair. She’s been with us for over a year, almost exclusively during Covid and been amazing. A physics and maths grad, she’s taking another year out before going on to uni.

Also, she will almost certainly be our last au pair. 5 years of au pairs and I’d recommend the experience to anyone.

The upside is I get the man cave back for the summer and have already moved beer and cigars in. Tonight I’ll be watching Mannequin whilst having a strangle wank.
Kim Cattrall and an 883 Sportster, wank material indeed.
Potter

Post by Potter »

A man came yesterday and fixed our pool heater, so now it's gone from ambient to 28c. You wouldn't think that the water would give you an instant cold shock when you dive in at six O'clock in the morning when it's about 19-20c but it does. Personally I could live with it but my missus was nagging and wanted it fixed.

So this morning I restarted my exercise regime and did some lengths, I'm still fat though.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Potter wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 am A man came yesterday and fixed our pool heater, so now it's gone from ambient to 28c. You wouldn't think that the water would give you an instant cold shock when you dive in at six O'clock in the morning when it's about 19-20c but it does. Personally I could live with it but my missus was nagging and wanted it fixed.

So this morning I restarted my exercise regime and did some lengths, I'm still fat though.
If i've gone through the effort of having, owning and maintaining a pool, i want it warm enough i can lie in it for an hour and not turn blue, so i'm with Mrs Potter on this one.

We're all fat... some days we're less/more fat than others :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 am A man came yesterday and fixed our pool heater, so now it's gone from ambient to 28c. You wouldn't think that the water would give you an instant cold shock when you dive in at six O'clock in the morning when it's about 19-20c but it does. Personally I could live with it but my missus was nagging and wanted it fixed.

Ours is 25c without any heating.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Woke up with a hangover and acid reflux from scoffing a Chinese late last night. Had a brilliant birthday thgough adn we breached lockdown laws.
:banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:24 am Woke up with a hangover.
:banana-dance: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Too much shandy :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:55 am
If i've gone through the effort of having, owning and maintaining a pool, i want it warm enough i can lie in it for an hour and not turn blue, so i'm with Mrs Potter on this one.

We're all fat... some days we're less/more fat than others :)
Yorick wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:13 am

It doesn't seem to cost much, a bit of water for a top-up, few chemicals and the pool mans wages - although that might change now it's heated.

The ambient temp drops to anything between 15-18c in the night here during winter and the pool seems to hold onto that temp for as long as it possibly can and only heats up a few degrees during the day. In the summer it'll be warm even without the heater on, my missus will probably want a water chiller then :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Our pool always stays the same as hottest part of the day. Coldest it got was 22c.
Been warmer lately and the cover allows the berserk sun to heat the water, then keep the heat in.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Fixed a puncture. Found a nail protruding from my rear tyre when giving it a clean today. Fixed it with the Stop & Go tyre repair kit which I keep under my seat. That's the third time that kit has got me out of trouble. It's easy to use so I highly recommend it. As that is the second puncture in that tyre and with it being 3/4 worn, it's time for a new one (Angle GT2) before we get out of lockdown proper on the 12th April.

Washed the green, north facing garage door while I had a bucket of soapy water with me so now it's white again :thumbup: What with that and pumping up a fully deflated tyre with foot pump I'm feeling a bit fitter too :banana-dance:

https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/stop-a ... ard-561467
Lockdown refugee
Skub

Post by Skub »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:07 pm Fixed a puncture. Found a nail protruding from my rear tyre when giving it a clean today. Fixed it with the Stop & Go tyre repair kit which I keep under my seat. That's the third time that kit has got me out of trouble. It's easy to use so I highly recommend it. As that is the second puncture in that tyre and with it being 3/4 worn, it's time for a new one (Angle GT2) before we get out of lockdown proper on the 12th April.

Washed the green, north facing garage door while I had a bucket of soapy water with me so now it's white again :thumbup: What with that and pumping up a fully deflated tyre with foot pump I'm feeling a bit fitter too :banana-dance:

https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/stop-a ... ard-561467
I bought one of those yonks ago and still haven't used it. :( I mean... :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Spooky, I was looking for mine in the garage last weekend to put under the Beemer seat, it's the first bike I've had for ages that doesn't have tubes.

I've never used. I didn't find it. I did find some CO2 canisters for reinflation.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Yorick wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:13 am

I checked mine for a laugh, given the air temperature went down to -3 last night I was surprised to see it's at 8c.
Whilst I can cope with 20 I won't get in unless it's between 24 and 30, next month there should be enough sun to warm it up to 22.