Brands Indy, 13th Aug, MSV trackdays. Booked

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Brands Indy, 13th Aug, MSV trackdays. Booked

Post by weeksy »

https://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/calen ... 13-bh-rbo/

Road Bike trackday.

Booked for both me and the wife. 4 groups apparently so we went for Novice 2. We'll find out how that goes but as neither of us have seen Brands in 12+ years i think we'll have a blast in that group, esepcially on a small 690 :)

Had some Credit with them from Donny that was cancelled.

It's Mrs Weeksys birthday that day, so a bit of a celebration to help her not be too sad about not being in France.
Tricky

Re: Brands Indy, 13th Aug, MSV trackdays. Booked

Post by Tricky »

I'm now booked too, the only current question is what bike I will be on- hopefully it will be a nice new 890R Duke , so c'mon couchie, get your finger out if you want a go :D

(it's the short circuit and a roadbikes only day so one of us might even be able to win the Adv group on it eh ;) )
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

You can borrow a 690 :shhh:
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

I'm tempted.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:00 pmI'm tempted.
Press the button
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:54 pm You can borrow a 690 :shhh:
Cheers for the prod to make sure I've got a suitable bike... :lol: seriously,though, thanks but I'll be fine, ( I'll make sure I am now ;) )
Nobby wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:00 pmI'm tempted.
Gwaaan- ideal event for the TRX, and it's on yer manor, innit guvnor ( I'll even give you your mug back if you do, it's still intact and in use :thumbup: )
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm supposed to be coming back from Brno the day before this but Id we can't go the MotoGP I may be up for this.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:00 am I'm supposed to be coming back from Brno the day before this but Id we can't go the MotoGP I may be up for this.
Top stuff, both me and tricky have sorted hotel and i've booked me and the wife a hire van. If it helps, we could use the trailer for a 3rd bike to make it less of a schlep for you. I'm guessing we'll be going there lunchtime on the 12th, so arriving at hotel early for a beer and potentially out for a curry as the trackday adventure rules dictate :)

www.raj-restaurant.com looking close by and reviews well :)
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'll alert Ian as well - as same applies to him re Brno.
The last time I went across the start finish line at Brands on two wheels was on my push bike that I'd ridden down from the Wirral, a couple of days before the 1976 F1 GP :o :thumbup: :thumbup:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:16 am I'll alert Ian as well - as same applies to him re Brno.
The last time I went across the start finish line at Brands on two wheels was on my push bike that I'd ridden down from the Wirral, a couple of days before the 1976 F1 GP :o :thumbup: :thumbup:
Brands used to be my go-to circuit, it felt more like home than being at home sometimes. But the last time i was there i think i was on my first 990 Superduke. Which makes it about 2007 or so..
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Done.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pmDone.
Brilliant!! See you there sir.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

:think:
It’s this Week. Is there a plan ?
I’ll be riding the cruiser down with a 10 litre can on the back.
Do we have to take off the mirrors and plates ?
Just trying to sort out what to take as far as tools and stuff , or is the Yellow Service Vehicle carrying an assortment of rags and funnels ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:42 am :think:
Just trying to sort out what to take as far as tools and stuff , or is the Yellow Service Vehicle carrying an assortment of rags and funnels ?
We're doing a local premier Inn. Then rocking up Thurs and hopefully all spending the day there.

Tools and stuff I'll be chucking some in the big van yes, I'm sure tricky will have stuff too.

The potential for disaster in that plan is high though as we'll have our 12 year old who may be turned away. If that's the case, me and him are going home and Mrs Weeksy will be spending the day with Tricky. As it's the wife's birthday that day too, that would be a bit crap. But I can't change things, so we'll see on the day.
If you look for a big yellow Merc Sprinter, that's Trickys van.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:46 am
We're doing a local premier Inn. Then rocking up Thurs and hopefully all spending the day there.

Tools and stuff I'll be chucking some in the big van yes, I'm sure tricky will have stuff too.

The potential for disaster in that plan is high though as we'll have our 12 year old who may be turned away. If that's the case, me and him are going home and Mrs Weeksy will be spending the day with Tricky. As it's the wife's birthday that day too, that would be a bit crap. But I can't change things, so we'll see on the day.
Nobby- Van is still the Yellow VW LT

And I have everything crossed , and might even pray to a few Gods to make sure that James can come in, as it'll double the time it takes us to get home if he can't :D !
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:51 pm
weeksy wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:46 am

Nobby- Van is still the Yellow VW LT

And I have everything crossed , and might even pray to a few Gods to make sure that James can come in, as it'll double the time it takes us to get home if he can't :D !
Nah mate, if he can't get in we'll me you at Speen/Reading, whichever is your peference at the end of the days fun :) We won't make you bring the wife over to us as you're doing us the favour :)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Excellent cheers- see you tomorrow! :thumbup:
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

The potential for disaster in that plan is high though as we'll have our 12 year old who may be turned away

Just checked in and listened to the briefing, they’re saying no to under 16 year olds in the pit lane , but ok for them to view from anywhere else around the circuit.
There is a Pedestrian tunnel between the pits and the main stand you know , but , will it be locked.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Nobby wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am The potential for disaster in that plan is high though as we'll have our 12 year old who may be turned away

Just checked in and listened to the briefing, they’re saying no to under 16 year olds in the pit lane , but ok for them to view from anywhere else around the circuit.
There is a Pedestrian tunnel between the pits and the main stand you know , but , will it be locked.
Fingers crossed then mate. :)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Nobby wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 am The potential for disaster in that plan is high though as we'll have our 12 year old who may be turned away

He can walk through the vehicle access tunnel from the pit paddock to the outer paddock then into the stands as it has a path as well. MSV might lock the grandstand entries though

Have a good day and hopefully the thunderstorms miss you