Donny is Shit.........overrated !

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Donny is Shit.........overrated !

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Lydden is fun
Honda Owner
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Never really gelled with Donny, mainly because I could never get the line right through Redgate and Craner. Wide open spaces and I had no idea where I needed to be or how fast I should be going. The rest of it was good and made sense. Oulton used to be my favourite, even with Foulston's chicane, but when they butchered Knicker Brook I lost interest. I used to love the whole original Knicker Brook/Clay Hill/Druids section. Now my favourite is Cadwell International circuit, even with the chicane.
Potter

Post by Potter »

kendo57 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm Some tracks get better the faster you can ride them...
Not Mallory.
I loved it when I was racing small bikes, then I rode it on something with a bit of power and all the way around Gerards I was shitting it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Potter wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:32 pm
kendo57 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm Some tracks get better the faster you can ride them...
Not Mallory.
I loved it when I was racing small bikes, then I rode it on something with a bit of power and all the way around Gerards I was shitting it.
That's part of the fun :D

On a big bike the rear gets really hot from hanging on the side all way round Gerrard's, meaning you can be brave getting on the throttle a bit early. :)
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:08 pm Never really gelled with Donny, mainly because I could never get the line right through Redgate and Craner. Wide open spaces and I had no idea where I needed to be or how fast I should be going.
That's coz you missed out Hollywood. It's got 3 apexes and when you hit them all, you're set up for Craner :)
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:08 pm Never really gelled with Donny, mainly because I could never get the line right through Redgate and Craner. Wide open spaces and I had no idea where I needed to be or how fast I should be going.
That's coz you missed out Hollywood. It's got 3 apexes and when you hit them all, you're set up for Craner :)
Yeah, temporarily forgot the name of the bit between Redgate and Craner and that is precisely the bit that causes me bafflement. It's also particularly featureless and that doesn't help. Much prefer places like Druids at Oulton where you're under the trees and there are lots of visual clues.
Scuffmark

Post by Scuffmark »

Riding Donnington at 1am was always fun when I was in my youth :D

Only being able to do one lap before the police arrived only added to the fun :lol:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am Lydden is fun
I have done Lydden as passenger in an F1 sidecar outfit .....fun isnt what i remember.....hard work, knackered and arm pump is more of a lasting memory but yes i could abbreviate that to fun :D