Where have you toured?

Anything to do with being out and about, whether on your own or looking to arrange trips and adventures with forum members
Mr Moofo

Re: Where have you toured?

Post by Mr Moofo »

From living in CH, I know many of the mountain pass routes well - and have done a few tours through them longest being Geneva over Col St Benard, them col, d’lseran, col d’Bonnette, and ending up in Avignon, and back - in 3 days.
Also did a tour over various passes and the Aosta valley , with a badly handling buell. It turned out the front tyre pressure was 17 psi.
And then around the Eifel region in Germany .... and the Black Forest

And LA to Las Vegas , inc Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree National Park, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon, along the old Route 66 on a Road King
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

Ridden in most of Europe since 2009, from a few trips to Flash's place, and through the Balkans to Albania, which was fucking awesome. Do not let anyone put you off of Albania. Some truly fantastic roads, scenery, and the friendliest and most welcoming people I've ever met (even though some drive like they are attempting suicide).

Borrowed a GS1150 from a mate in St Petersburg (the Russian one) for a week in April, but it was really cold and the standard of driving and roads were appalling, so riding up to Helsinki was abandoned early on.

Spent 8 weeks riding around NZ (7 weeks on South Island). Spectacular

Now living in Spain I will explore here once lockdown allows me to ride out of this province.

Bikes used range from a Yamaha 125cc Scooter I rode to Czech Republic (great country, crap way to get there), through to CBR600's, Fireblades, Guzzi 1200 Sport, and KTM RC8.
blokeuptheroad

Post by blokeuptheroad »

Not many, and none for a while but with a new bike in the garage and my missus egging me on, we are dead keen to get out this year if possible. Watching motorcycle touring videos on YouTube has kept me going through lockdown.

I've done a solo tour to the south of France, based around the Verdon gorge, a couple of trips around Northern Ireland to the Northwest 200, TT once with mates. With my wife on pillion I've done Scotland, Southern Ireland, the Moselle and Champagne regions France/Germany.

But for various reasons the most recent of these was 6 years ago. I'm keen to do the Picos, Normandy battlefields and Norway.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've never really 'toured' :(

The first big ride I did was from Somerset to Le Mans for the weekend. That was cold!! (Around Easter for the 24hr race!!)

I've ridden a lot to and around the IoM for TT and Manx - not sure that counts as a tour?

Met up with people for bike meets on a weekend so ridden there but after the first couple I decided I didn't want to ride with people that were that hungover the next morning!! LOL

If I get the bike running for this summer, I intend to do a lot around France. I've never driven the Col de Petit St Barnard, so definitely planning that. The Col d'Iseran sucks in a car/van so want to play on a bike!! And then work out where the road down the other side goes and bimble back a different way!! There are so many amazing roads in the area I live in I could spend weeks riding here and never be bored.

But I have friends that live further south and west and would love to bimble down on the 'a' roads if the weather is nice and just go wherever. Just have to see :D :D Bloody looking forward to it!! :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Oh, if anyone is planning to be in the area (Savoie, 73 - but anywhere from probably Lyon through to the Col d'Iseran area!!) shout and I'll come and meet up!!

I am pretty sure I'll do the Route de Napoleon at some point as Grenoble is only a couple of hours from me and some friends live near Nice, so not far from where it finishes!!

Will have to work out where I can stay, but I think it will be fun :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

I forgot to add IOM twice ...
The ride to Switzerland once - when it rained constantly
And Cologne and back on the Diavel
formula400

Post by formula400 »

ive been to Noirmoutier-en-l'Île on my RVF400
Agen france CBR 400
Nurberg Ring R6 & GSXR 750
Belgium GSXR 750
Le Mans Street triple R
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

Scotland, Isle of Man twice on bikes, both times for the Manx GP, Ireland quite a few times both solo and with the wife. First time was with the wife, a friend and his missus, saw an article in MCN on Skerries so we thought we'd give it a try - got the Fishguard-Rosslare and rode up the West side to Galway, across to Dublin are and then back down the East side. Found out I was allergic to Oysters after having them for lunch in Galway, god I felt bad :sick:
Got the Motorail down to Rimini and then rode back through the Dolomites and Alps. Stayed a couple of nights near Meribel so got to do a day tearing around with no luggage :thumbup:
Down through the Alps to Andorra then across Northern Spain to Santander Area, Back up through Perigord and Normandy. Didn't think my back tyre was going to finish that one.
Went away with the wife one Easter and another couple, Overnight in Reims after visiting Veuve Clicqot and then down to Toulouse - went from riding in a continual freezing crosswind that found every gap in your clothing to being too warm in Toulouse.
Usually end up spending far too long in the saddle and a mini 'adventure' gets thrown in somewhere. Trying to find somewhere to stay when it's getting towards evening can get to be a bit tiresome :roll:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Flimby Grasslet Triangle and done all round Hammond's pond in winter. Tough tour that one.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:37 pm And LA to Las Vegas , inc Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree National Park, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon, along the old Route 66 on a Road King
Being pedantic, the only part of that between LA and LV is the Joshua Tree, and the only bit near Route 66 is the Grand Canyon, did you stop at the fairly weird Grand Canyon Caverns?
Honda Owner
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:34 pm
Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:37 pm And LA to Las Vegas , inc Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods, Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree National Park, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon, along the old Route 66 on a Road King
Being pedantic, the only part of that between LA and LV is the Joshua Tree, and the only bit near Route 66 is the Grand Canyon, did you stop at the fairly weird Grand Canyon Caverns?
Well, definitely toured along the Historic Route 66, Santa Monica to JTNP, Amboy, Kingman etc through Oatman, stopped at Roys, and all that shit.
Re Grand Canyon .... we stayed there for the evening - but didn't really have time to "do it". Would love to do it at some stage but have been to the US so many times now that there are other bits of the world to see. The more I go to the States , the more I dislike the inhabitants .... :(

All the other stuff was thrown in because even the historic Route 66 is bit dull with the other bits. It hadn't rained for 2 years in Monument Valley when we got there - but it pissed it down, just for us!
Hairybiker84

Post by Hairybiker84 »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:10 pm
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:34 pm
Well, definitely toured along the Historic Route 66, Santa Monica to JTNP, Amboy, Kingman etc through Oatman, stopped at Roys, and all that shit.
Re Grand Canyon .... we stayed there for the evening - but didn't really have time to "do it". Would love to do it at some stage but have been to the US so many times now that there are other bits of the world to see. The more I go to the States , the more I dislike the inhabitants .... :(

All the other stuff was thrown in because even the historic Route 66 is bit dull with the other bits. It hadn't rained for 2 years in Monument Valley when we got there - but it pissed it down, just for us!
We lived in Canada for a while, hated going over the border. When you see films like deliverance and think 'that could never happen' - wrong! In some areas there was definitely a famine when IQ was being dished out :shock:
Unfortunately it looks like some areas in this country are going the same way :thumbdown: