What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Potter wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:45 am Woke up with a raging cold.
Sore throat, snotty nose, feel like shit.

I think it is actually a cold and not covid, in fact covid would be a total bastard, I've ordered a load of exciting parts for my bike and I'll be extremely pissed off if I die before I've fitted them :x
Dibs on your bikes. :thumbup:
Skub

Post by Skub »

I haz been inoculerated with the covidz today.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Woke up far too early (6am) with the cat sitting on my chest enquiring as to my desire to feed him. He won. I then did some reading and listened to music in my study with a double espresso.

Today I''ve taken a "backup" oil heater to the Church as the boiler has now gone "pop"... Funeral on Wednesday, so we are putting various heaters in the main body of the Church to try and get at least a 3C degree difference. People have been told to dress warmly!

Finished up a meditation which I recorded for the closed Facebook church group and also sorted out some readings for a recording tonight.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yay - my physio is back to work :D :D Boooooo - he needles a muscle on the left side of my neck :o TBF, the physio in the valley commented that the left side was more tense that the right on Friday. Maybe I've been trying so hard to keep the right side from completely cramping up that I've been tensing the left? Who knows

Either way - I do hate the dry needling. The end result about 36 hours later is good. But at the time, Yikes it's not nice at all!! :(

Trying to get my brain in gear for my French lesson :shifty:
Last edited by Noggin on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

After yesterday's gluttony we had a nice lunch at Playa Blanca then watched the rising tide fill the rock pools at the lighthouse.
20210215_173745.jpg
20210215_173745.jpg (943.29 KiB) Viewed 905 times
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Could have lost a potential $330,000.... :shock:
Was buying my usual lottery tickets today & had a couple of free replays for Fantasy Five for matching 2/5 twice last week.

Get home & about 30 minutes later I'm entering the 2nd Chance numbers into the lottery computer system.. notice they didn't give me the two freebies. :o

Head back to store, gal had gone home & the other gal was there. She starts looking everywhere for the two freebies & then starts looking in the trash.
All the tickets in there had CASHED in big black letters.. including one of mine as I recognized the (birthday) numbers.. & then there were two tickets with today's date on them for tonight's game.. so the silly bugger had printed them out & then thrown them in the trash with the cashed in tickets.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

JUst had a senior moment...

Discovered I had left the pizza on the cardboard base when I put it in the oven. For once I had also used the round aluminum pizza thing & all that happened was the bottom needs a few more minutes.

On the upside I've just been informed that from now on I'm not allowed to cook pizza, so I'll take that as a win. :)

Gave it another 5min & it came out perfect..
Potter

Post by Potter »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:12 am
Covid test was negative, so as suspected I just have a rotten cold, first once since having (what I think was) covid in Feb last year.
Usually I'd be whining about man flu but even though I feel rough this is a walk in the park compared to whatever it was I had last Feb.

I'm still staying at home until it's gone though, some rotten sod had this and still went out, which is how I caught it, so I'll try and break the chain.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Potter wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:18 am
Covid test was negative, so as suspected I just have a rotten cold, first once since having (what I think was) covid in Feb last year.
Usually I'd be whining about man flu but even though I feel rough this is a walk in the park compared to whatever it was I had last Feb.

I'm still staying at home until it's gone though, some rotten sod had this and still went out, which is how I caught it, so I'll try and break the chain.
Good but also a shame, I was hopeful for your bikes. Dagnabbit. :lol:

gws Iccy
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:20 am
Potter wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:18 am

Good but also a shame, I was hopeful for your bikes. Dagnabbit. :lol:

gws Iccy
I'm struggling... unless he's bought something else, he can keep them.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:25 am
I'm struggling... unless he's bought something else, he can keep them.
Ha, you'd hate my bikes.
Your version of hell is riding around on my two strokes all day, not getting it at all because they mean nothing to you, and then getting back and finding out you have a 6hr ride on the Rudge, followed by polishing the chrome on the RE :lol:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Quick visit to the nurse at the medical centre.

Having a play fight with my cat yesterday and he got a bit of red mist and bit me on the back of the hand which served me right.

Of course it swelled right up and went bright red.

Mrs S told me to go to the doc otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Although I do know of a 5 year old boy that died from the infection after a cat bite.

Tetanus shot and some antibiotics and I was on my way.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Made a start on getting the triple sorted and ready, for what not sure :mrgreen: just ready. by that I mean I attempted to fix the heated grips and found the culprit, removed the rear passenger pegs and fitted the Evo-Tech blanking plates, looks smarter now I think. The bike needs a bloody good clean.
Attachments
05039F71-9B2F-4D1A-A7B5-17BBEC9C32E2.jpeg
05039F71-9B2F-4D1A-A7B5-17BBEC9C32E2.jpeg (123.33 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Last edited by formula400 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:15 pm Quick visit to the nurse at the medical centre.

Having a play fight with my cat yesterday and he got a bit of red mist and bit me on the back of the hand which served me right.

Of course it swelled right up and went bright red.

Mrs S told me to go to the doc otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Although I do know of a 5 year old boy that died from the infection after a cat bite.

Tetanus shot and some antibiotics and I was on my way.
When I got bitten by a cat, it involved the doctor in A&E cutting the bites out of the back of my hand, intravenous antibots and an overnight stay in hospital :o
Then having an allergic reaction to the antibot tablets they gave me to take away! LOL

Can be really quite nasty apparently! Glad you just needed a shot!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today I've been having another office day!

LOTS of stuff sorted for the accountant. Requests put in to various places for stuff I don't have! I hate paperwork. Need to get more organised so that next year I don't just throw a pile of 'stuff' at them and then have to find other stuff. Need to be much more organised - not something I can do for myself :( Am pretty good at sorting offices that aren't mine but have a major mental block doing my own stuff :( :( Maybe if it was actually an office and not having to be done on my sofa it might be different

Packed up a parcel that came for a friend - well, unpacked from the huge box it arrived in and made a smaller box, filled out the customs declaration. Heading to the PO in the morning to send it to the UK. Handy for a few people that I live here and can post stuff back to the UK that companies out here sometimes won't! :lol: :lol:

Cut my hair! :o

Doesn't make any difference to how it looks from the front but it's lots shorter at the back so maybe easier to manage under hat, scarf, mask, glasses etc (always gets caught up in stuff and makes the back look messy and rubbish)!! LOL Still can't do decent hair styles cos the right hand doesn't go high enough, but at least the one I can do one handed suits me!! LOL
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 am Wen5t to bed with a raging cold.

Feel fine this morning, well fine-ish.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't covid. ;) Nor have I been snogging Iccy. ;)
I do wonder how I can fecking catch anything at the moment though as I don't go within sneezing distance of anyone ...
Had my test this morning. Very efficient but that bleeding probe thing definitely touched the back of my eyeballs.

Turns out I'm negative for covids anyway. But I still managed to catch a cold despite masks, handwashing and treating others like lepers ....
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Today was busy. Up fairly early, rehearsed committal rites for burial. Went to Church early (just as well) got parking and then set up for funeral. The deceased was one of the senior members of the local gypsy family, so there were quite a lot of people turning up. Hearse followed by a long train of cars and the horse and carriage setup. They were 15 minutes late, but we expected that. Only 30 people permitted in the Church, there were still over 80 outside. Service went well, we processed out back to the hearse and recited the words of Nunc Dimittus and then once the casket was loaded, vicar and I headed to cemetary to await the hearse. They were processing past the gypsy encampment. It was 40 minutes late to the cemetary, but the manager of cemetary was expecting that and was very generous with his timing. There were in excess of 250 people there and we managed to do the committal properly. They released birds, threw various items into the vault and we left them to grieve.

I then headed back to the Church, brief chat to vicar and went to my other Church where I had to setup the streaming equipment for the funeral tomorrow! We also recorded a Holy Commuion service, so I was able to partake in the feast and when I got home I had a cup of tea and headed straight out to collect my daughter from near a park where she had a distanced meeting with her friend.

Now for pancakes, lots and lots of them and then I'm ready to do the online compline service tonight.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Got the car MoT'd today. Passed.

Which means I'm now back on the road and driving (because I have enough neck movement) Hurrah!

Which means that, on Thursday, I can drive to physio, then on after that for my covid jab - they must have me on the 'vulnerable' list.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

DefTrap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:50 pm
DefTrap wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:58 am Wen5t to bed with a raging cold.

Feel fine this morning, well fine-ish.

I'm fairly sure it wasn't covid. ;) Nor have I been snogging Iccy. ;)
I do wonder how I can fecking catch anything at the moment though as I don't go within sneezing distance of anyone ...
Had my test this morning. Very efficient but that bleeding probe thing definitely touched the back of my eyeballs.

Turns out I'm negative for covids anyway. But I still managed to catch a cold despite masks, handwashing and treating others like lepers ....
:lol: I'm pretty sure that it it touches the back of your eyeball then they are pushing the wrong way!! :lol:
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

the_priest wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:20 pm Today was busy. Up fairly early, rehearsed committal rites for burial. Went to Church early (just as well) got parking and then set up for funeral. The deceased was one of the senior members of the local gypsy family, so there were quite a lot of people turning up. Hearse followed by a long train of cars and the horse and carriage setup. They were 15 minutes late, but we expected that. Only 30 people permitted in the Church, there were still over 80 outside. Service went well, we processed out back to the hearse and recited the words of Nunc Dimittus and then once the casket was loaded, vicar and I headed to cemetary to await the hearse. They were processing past the gypsy encampment. It was 40 minutes late to the cemetary, but the manager of cemetary was expecting that and was very generous with his timing. There were in excess of 250 people there and we managed to do the committal properly. They released birds, threw various items into the vault and we left them to grieve.

I then headed back to the Church, brief chat to vicar and went to my other Church where I had to setup the streaming equipment for the funeral tomorrow! We also recorded a Holy Commuion service, so I was able to partake in the feast and when I got home I had a cup of tea and headed straight out to collect my daughter from near a park where she had a distanced meeting with her friend.

Now for pancakes, lots and lots of them and then I'm ready to do the online compline service tonight.
Can the church get fined for breaking covid laws?