TRackday prices, they're getting a bit daft now ?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Alan PBTD

Re: TRackday prices, they're getting a bit daft now ?

Post by Alan PBTD »

Palmer ? Never liked the fella myself. Looks like the guy for Coronation St - but Les was cool as he was a big Quo fan.
Pgm

Post by Pgm »

I’ve not done a track day for quite some time and was thinking of doing a few when things get back to normalish but might reconsider now.
I thought msv might cut the trackday company’s out completely and have it all for themselves.
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Skub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:30 am Local track Kirkistown charges £80.
Kirkistown is a bit crap though compared to a proper GP track.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Lockdown refugee
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:26 am
Skub wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:30 am Local track Kirkistown charges £80.
Kirkistown is a bit crap though compared to a proper GP track.
It is,but I like to ride it. It has a nice flow,I can't get on with Bishopscourt.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

The prices are getting steeper but I've been surprised there not for years. Why wouldn't you increase the price if you're still selling out all the events? That seems to be the ways stuff is priced these days. That doesn't mean I like it.
I've got Donny booked and Silverstone (and Mugello - praying) but because of booking Silverstone at a discount in November it's cheaper than Donny. That's just odd.
The costs aren't too much about affordability. It's just about is it good use of my money and you start thinking what else you could have for the same price as one day on track and all the costs. Everyone has their break point. I'll reach mine at some point and that will be that ... but there's loads of others who will fill the spaces I vacate.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

scottyuk wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:05 pm Everyone has their break point. I'll reach mine at some point and that will be that ... but there's loads of others who will fill the spaces I vacate.
With a waning interest in TDs for some reason these days, i guess that's where i am with it all, at my break point financially. At the moment it's not even like i have better things to spend the money on, but the thought of paying £200 for donny then turning up to a day of rain just fills me with dread. The MTB thing and the associated expense doesn't help here as it's so damn cheap, the same day out is 1/5 of the cost but equally fun (more so for me personally) even taking my boy with me only puts it up near half the cost of the day at Donny, same length of time 'on-track' and just as much fun between sessions. But enhanced i guess because the small lad is with me along with my mates.
The only weird bit is, i don't mind spending the money for the wife to go play, but it doesn't sit well for me to pay it for myself, it seems somewhat selfish.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MAybe this is the answer.

http://go-karting-herefordshire.co.uk/k ... test-days/

£60 per day.... I also believe they often run evenings too.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Looks very busy on the bod but great fun. Nice location what I can see. What's the ideal bike for that game then. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yamaha rocket 3
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Dodgy knees wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:24 am Looks very busy on the bod but great fun. Nice location what I can see. What's the ideal bike for that game then. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Light and nippy I'd guess, 450 KTM or husqvarna has to be close to perfect
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

They used to do Supermoto track days at a go kart track near Newmarket, but they got stopped because of noise, tbh the track was too short for 450s, never mind the open class bikes that were popular 20 years ago.

I've got Snetterton booked for the 12th April £119, travel costs aren't much because it's only 35 miles away, this year I may just do Snetterton and nowhere else, it's convenient and I enjoy it
Honda Owner
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I was gonna book Bedford at £135 in the end of March as I've said before, but I think that's too ambitious with lockdowns and the weather. I can do it in late April for £119 which sounds even better...
Tarmacsurfer

Post by Tarmacsurfer »

weeksy wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:28 am
Light and nippy I'd guess, 450 KTM or husqvarna has to be close to perfect
My lad did the British Minibike series last year. I was taking him to the local circuit (Stretton) for practise then figured I'd buy a bike myself rather than just watch him.
£30 for the day! ..and it's a lot of fun.

Most use 140cc 4-strokes. A good 2nd hand one is ~£800 or new Symoto for ~1500.
fil2

Post by fil2 »

if you dot wanna pay then don't ! stop moaning about it and move on...oh my other hobby is so much cheaper and as much fun !! so what go do it..if you don't want t pay the prices then move on !......prices go up ! I bet all you business owners out there put your prices up ! no lol of course not …..
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 pm if you dot wanna pay then don't ! stop moaning about it and move on...oh my other hobby is so much cheaper and as much fun !! so what go do it..if you don't want t pay the prices then move on !......prices go up ! I bet all you business owners out there put your prices up ! no lol of course not …..
Must be nice to be middle class upper management.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:31 am I was gonna book Bedford at £135 in the end of March as I've said before, but I think that's too ambitious with lockdowns and the weather. I can do it in late April for £119 which sounds even better...
I've just gone to book the March one and like you, I thought it was £135, but it's not now- £145.
Mon April 19th is still £119 though
Potter

Post by Potter »

I remember having the same conversation at Oulton the best part of two decades ago because of the costs of trackdays, but it seems that they're more popular than ever.
I stopped doing them because I found other things to do and there were no shortages of people to fill my place.

They used to be mainly people that rode to the track and rode home again, but these days it's more like a GP paddock, so if you've spent all that money on kit I can't see people stopping because the cost of entry has gone up another £100.

Buy MX bikes and go and race with local clubs, for less than the price of a track day you'll get a full days racing which is three races per class, so if you enter two classes there is half a dozen races in a day. That's what I did and it knocked the socks off trackdays.
Whysub

Post by Whysub »

The cost of a trackday at Cartagena circuit is around €100, depending on the TDO. Can sometimes cost less if booked 2 months in advance with some companies.

Looking to do a couple there this year, but currently lockdown means travel between Valencia Province into Murcia Province is banned, but for how much longer is anyones guess

Nice circuit and good facilities too.
BARNEY 20

Post by BARNEY 20 »

Started doing track days in 2007.My local circuit is croft and with plenty promoters at the time @about £69 a pop you could do 1-3 days per week if you fancied.Last one I did was a while ago and was £199 and the place was fully booked.
All about supply and demand.I stopped doing them when the majority of the days became a red flag free for all.
Tarmacsurfer

Post by Tarmacsurfer »

10% increase isn't going to put anyone off. Look at the average cost of the bikes in the trackdays paddock nowadays.. 4k upwards. Combined with coming out of lockdown and the places will be rammed, same as last year.
I've got Mallory and Donington booked already 🙂
... No point being the richest bloke in the graveyard!