Show Us Your Ugly Mugs

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Gimlet

Re: Show Us Your Ugly Mugs

Post by Gimlet »

Fair play Stray Cat. Second post and you're in the mugshot section. Welcome to the forum. Tell me you bought the Superduke...? You know you should.
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

Gimlet wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:20 pm Fair play Stray Cat. Second post and you're in the mugshot section. Welcome to the forum. Tell me you bought the Superduke...? You know you should.
Yep, did buy it but oh has taken it over now as I found it eye-poppingly excessive for my requirements and almost wet meself when I nearly slid off the back cracking open the throttle a bit too enthusiastically once (just about let go of the bars and it was a long way to the backstop :mrgreen: ) I have something else on order now, in the KTM department.... bit more like Goldilocks and her porridge.....
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

stray cat wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:19 pm This is me, if some of you are blissfully unaware:

Looking a bit dishevelled, as usual :mrgreen:
Just me that thought "Hubba"?..........
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

Tricky wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:08 pm Me in the 1960s with my first almost proper sized engine, and Micrometer (seriously, the Mic was a birthday present :geek: )..

The 70s - I could start this hot or cold at age 11, was riding it, and also broke my wrist on it at that age as a result of a tank slapper :)

The 80s...

And a few weeks ago on Boxing Day just gone in NZ catching up with some Kiwi cousins in NZ, great trip 8-)

The dress suits you :clap:
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

PitaNaanRoti wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:21 pm
Just me that thought "Hubba"?..........
Just you who said it... :1
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

stray cat wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:12 pm Yep, did buy it but oh has taken it over now as I found it eye-poppingly excessive for my requirements and almost wet meself when I nearly slid off the back cracking open the throttle a bit too enthusiastically once (just about let go of the bars and it was a long way to the backstop :mrgreen: ) I have something else on order now, in the KTM department.... bit more like Goldilocks and her porridge.....
You get used to them. I found the best way is to turn everything off and nail it everywhere until you get the hang of it.

What you getting instead, 790/890 Duke?
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

Gimlet wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:27 pm
stray cat wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:12 pm Yep, did buy it but oh has taken it over now as I found it eye-poppingly excessive for my requirements and almost wet meself when I nearly slid off the back cracking open the throttle a bit too enthusiastically once (just about let go of the bars and it was a long way to the backstop :mrgreen: ) I have something else on order now, in the KTM department.... bit more like Goldilocks and her porridge.....
You get used to them. I found the best way is to turn everything off and nail it everywhere until you get the hang of it.

What you getting instead, 790/890 Duke?
Yes, 890R (all being well!) TBH it wasn’t the riding of it that was the real issue, I did love riding it - but dear God it was way to heavy for me to wheel out of the garage :( Big old thing when fuelled up..

Tried the 790 ages ago but found it rock hard - nearly shook my fillings out - so waited until the R and its adjustable suspension came out...
cheb

Post by cheb »

scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

It's a long way from Essex so was delighted to find I'd lucked out on the weather. I had to do a selfie as I left my buddies at Pitlochry and did the NC500 solo.
JOG.JPG
JOG.JPG (54.71 KiB) Viewed 2922 times
Skub

Post by Skub »

cheb wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 am Image
Freddie Krueger. :shock:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

scottyuk wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:46 am It's a long way from Essex so was delighted to find I'd lucked out on the weather. I had to do a selfie as I left my buddies at Pitlochry and did the NC500 solo.
Another member of the NC500 club. I wasn't so lucky with the weather. It was blowing a howling gale when I was there. Wanted to stop at Dunnet Head but it was a job to stand up.
I was on my tod too but a friendly Dutch biker offered to take the obligatory pic.
ImageDSC01208
Skub

Post by Skub »

We took the trip over to Orkney,a cool box to tick. The Pentland Firth can be one of the roughest anywhere.

Great history with half submerged war vessels and the like.
Walt Whitman
Gimlet

Post by Gimlet »

I've long had a hankering to set foot on Stroma. I'd love to camp there for a couple of night completely in my own. There's just something about abandoned places.

Orkney's a good call. Are there actually many miles of biking roads?

Edit: Just Google Earthed it. Looks pretty damn good for biking. Twatt seems like a nice place..
Skub

Post by Skub »

Gimlet wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 pm I've long had a hankering to set foot on Stroma. I'd love to camp there for a couple of night completely in my own. There's just something about abandoned places.

Orkney's a good call. Are there actually many miles of biking roads?

Edit: Just Google Earthed it. Looks pretty damn good for biking. Twatt seems like a nice place..
As with most places,sometimes they don't suit everyone! I really loved the place,we spent a couple of days there doing the kinda historical touristy thang. Awesome war history artefacts from the wrecks to chapels built by Italian POWs. The roads were well surfaced when I was there in 2003,good enough to have fun even on a sports bike. No trees,so you have a clear view of most bends.

The people are great,loads of characters,very welcoming and friendly. The Orcadians have an accent not unlike the Welsh,which I didn't expect at all!

It was a memorable jaunt for many reasons. We initially left N.Ireland just for a quick one run over to Scotland and back the same day,but ended up doing the best part of a week in the saddle.
My best mate had just been killed on his bike less than 2 months before,so The trip with his father and another mate was a kind of therapy session. We had a great time and I liked to imagine when I caught a flash of green in my mirrors he was there with us.
Walt Whitman
Tomcat

Post by Tomcat »

Form an orderly queue, ladies ;)
Attachments
TC.jpg
TC.jpg (69.45 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
moth

Post by moth »

Grey haired blokes look so distinguished and attractive don't you think ladies?

;)
Proud Tory scum since 1974.
Skub

Post by Skub »

moth wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:57 pm Grey haired blokes look so distinguished and attractive don't you think ladies?

;)
Knickers dropping all over the internets. Almost makes me wish I was a wimminz so I could drop mine too. 8-)
Walt Whitman
PitaNaanRoti

Post by PitaNaanRoti »

Skub wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm
moth wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:57 pm Grey haired blokes look so distinguished and attractive don't you think ladies?

;)
Knickers dropping all over the internets. Almost makes me wish I was a wimminz so I could drop mine too. 8-)
Doesn't stop you wearing them - so why not....
Skub

Post by Skub »

PitaNaanRoti wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:02 pm
Doesn't stop you wearing them - so why not....
Don't tell me I have to renew that court order again. :oops:
Walt Whitman
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I was getting a bit Nigel Havers, so the wife decided to try her hand at hair cutting. She did a great job IMO, plus I wont be paying any Barbers fees from now on and can waste it on all manner of bike crap! :D

PS, no it isn't dandruff, its where I brushed the gel out of my hair prior to cutting.