Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by weeksy »

This will be the new RTTL (See what I did there) extravaganza event. Due to the demise of TRC it will now be done from a forum perspective from here.

More details to follow once i get Alan@PBTD over here and he puts in place a few plans he has in the melting pot.

Camping and merryment is without doubt essential :)
Yorick

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by Yorick »

That's my birthday, have fun.
Couchy

Re: Pembrey August 22nd / 23rd with Phil Bevan Trackdays,, forum EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

Post by Couchy »

Count me in
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

All going to plan i will be there as usual..... in what capacity i have yet to decide ;)
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

I'll be there :P
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

What do we reckon to the chances of this still going ahead or is the thinking the weekend dates will be swallowed up by the race clubs rejigging their calendars ?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:38 pm What do we reckon to the chances of this still going ahead or is the thinking the weekend dates will be swallowed up by the race clubs rejigging their calendars ?
It depend if race days make more than track days.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:38 pm What do we reckon to the chances of this still going ahead or is the thinking the weekend dates will be swallowed up by the race clubs rejigging their calendars ?
TBH i've not even thought about it either way. At this stage i'd say it's absolutely impossible to guess.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:09 am
It depend if race days make more than track days.
Of that there is no doubt, but may depend upon whether any of them actually want that weekend too, there's only so many race meetings to go around..I'm still hopeful it will go ahead because DAMN i'll miss it if it doesn't

The CV19 stuff has given me a bit more of a 'sod it, get it done' attitude and i'm hoping others too, so my hopes are, if it does go ahead, some people who wouldn't have made it, may decide to do so.
That may be overly optimistic of me :)
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

See what happens, but I'm quite frustrated with the lack of trackdays, I was supposed to be at Castle Coombe tomorrow, by August I might be prepared to drive to the ends of the earth for a trackday.
Honda Owner
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm in, might even have the old Ducati ready by then :)
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:19 pm I'm in, might even have the old Ducati ready by then :)
Well you'll deffo have a Ducati ready, an old one, i'll wait and see :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

I'm long overdue another visit to this event but I wonder if anything like this (or racing) will be running in 2020.
Makes you think what you took for granted.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:58 am I'm long overdue another visit to this event but I wonder if anything like this (or racing) will be running in 2020.
Makes you think what you took for granted.
After seeing this thread and thinking about it i was thinking i ought to ping Alan an email.

I know i got an email from No Limits the other day saying that tracks are getting ready for non-contact type events, briefings etc... But by the same yardstick, we have Silverstone at the end of this month which has already been cancelled.

But you'd have to think by Aug we'd have at the very least a UK event running in relative normality wouldn't you ?

I can see us doing a few days at PEmbrey though if they open up again as it's weekends and i do like to try and support Alan and Phil.

I'd love to have "once we get to XYZ....." but i think XYZ is just so unknown at the moment

Logistically Pembrey must be in a better position than things like football matches, trackdays are already to an extent quite an 'outside' sort of environment obviously, so how much of a stretch is it to run something and keep apart, well, i dunno, but in theory anyway, easier than some things for sure.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:02 am
Logistically Pembrey must be in a better position than things like football matches, trackdays are already to an extent quite an 'outside' sort of environment obviously, so how much of a stretch is it to run something and keep apart, well, i dunno, but in theory anyway, easier than some things for sure.
I can't see them drawing up lists of ok sports to do, they'll probably just leave a blanket ban in place.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:48 am
weeksy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:02 am
I can't see them drawing up lists of ok sports to do, they'll probably just leave a blanket ban in place.
Well, i'm not sure i agree. Trackdays are not sports in the same way as a race meeting at MotoGP.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:49 am
Well, i'm not sure i agree. Trackdays are not sports in the same way as a race meeting at MotoGP.
Other than the size of the crowd I don't see a lot of difference?

I'd also be a bit cautious about the possibility of falling off and sitting in an A&E waiting room with a bone hanging out of my leg for 12hrs because there is no room on a ward.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Harry wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:54 am
weeksy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:49 am
Other than the size of the crowd I don't see a lot of difference?

I'd also be a bit cautious about the possibility of falling off and sitting in an A&E waiting room with a bone hanging out of my leg for 12hrs because there is no room on a ward.
Well the size of the crowd is exactly the issue, or the non issue isn't it. Social distancing can't be maintained sitting in a seat next to someone either side, but can be maintained in a paddock with say 50% usual group sizes.

The a&e space doesn't worry me, but the infected in same building would yes. I guess that would depend how split apart the Covid areas over the A&E areas are at the time.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:21 am
Well the size of the crowd is exactly the issue, or the non issue isn't it. Social distancing can't be maintained sitting in a seat next to someone either side, but can be maintained in a paddock with say 50% usual group sizes.
That's the thing though, so some government minister is going to have to go through all the sports and pick which ones are ok. Tennis ok but no spectators, crown green bowls but no shaking hands, track days but only one per van, etc.

Or just keep the ban on everything.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm pretty confident this will go ahead in all honesty. I'm thinking we'll potentially take full advantage of it and do either 2 or maybe even 3 days on track for it.