Post by Skub »

double post,sorry.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Tricky

Re: Aftermarket brake disks

Post by Tricky »

Yorick wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm Aha. I have a question. I've used EBC pads for nearly 40 years. Including all my racing years.

But last year I bought some for my 2018 Husky TE300i.

FA181TT

At start of each ride they are useless. I have to ride about for a few minutes hard braking to bust the glaze. Or I can take the pads out and out them on my orbital sander. This is time consuming.

Did I buy the right pads for enduro riding?
I'd say no if you have to do that, a right faff- I couldn't be arsed with that

I've got Ferodo sintergrip off-road in mine- tip top IMO, always been consistent, and as good as the front brake on an off-roader ever needs to be.
They don't cost much either which is an added bonus :)
Your's will have same front caliper as my EXC so FDB2018 are what you need - these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTM-SX-MX-52 ... Swvg9Xf6ss
Taff

Post by Taff »

EBC Brakes UK wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 pm We have joined this forum to assist any users with any issues or advice regarding EBC products. We are not here to sell our products, merely to offer advice. :thumbup: Emails can be sent to forumadministrators@ebcbrakesuk.com or happy to chat on here.
well, as you've popped up I'll give you some feedback that I didn't post previously :thumbup:

My riding is commuting, so I'm not riding in a spirited fashion so I don't tend to brake hard too often.

I've gone through many sets of pads and found that I prefer the EBC Organic, I found the HH pads needed a couple of wheel rotations to get some heat and start working so I went straight back to the organic.

Now, The biggest problem that I had with the disks is that they were ever so slightly out of true from new. Not a problem when I was braking hardish, but a gentle brake and I'd feel the pulsing through the lever, and at slow speed - filtering - I'd feel the pulsing through the front suspension. It wasn't bad enough for me to complain and I assumed it was a one off.

Although the EBC disks never lacked braking force, the OEM Brembo disks have better outright power in all conditions, even when worn down below min thickness. I haven't fitted the new brembo's that I bought a while back because I'm WFH again so the bike hasn't moved since before christmas.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

EBC Brakes UK wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:45 pm We have joined this forum to assist any users with any issues or advice regarding EBC products. We are not here to sell our products, merely to offer advice. :thumbup: Emails can be sent to forumadministrators@ebcbrakesuk.com or happy to chat on here.
I sent them an email and it was bounced back as undeliverable

Dodgy perhaps ?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

weirdly they've been quite active on Trackdayriders forum.