A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
636mick

Re: A right now thread

Post by 636mick »

Getting ready to head to Armageddon, or the M1 as it’s know!! Rain, wind, and the weathers crap too. Lots of stuff to get done in the office before I head out to play in the traffic. Last one on duty then 3 rest days, during which I shall create as below!!!
Mick
9694CF70-2B89-47FC-AB11-03CC1AFFB509.jpeg
9694CF70-2B89-47FC-AB11-03CC1AFFB509.jpeg (153.18 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just came in for a bacon and egg sarnie and a cuppa. I'm 3/4 of the way through sorting my Wife's car's brakes. I put new front discs and pads on the other day but the o/s/f is binding. So as I'm putting new rear pads on, i'm going through all of the calipers and cleaning up the carriers, pins, shims etc.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:02 pm Just came in for a bacon and egg sarnie and a cuppa. I'm 3/4 of the way through sorting my Wife's car's brakes. I put new front discs and pads on the other day but the o/s/f is binding. So as I'm putting new rear pads on, i'm going through all of the calipers and cleaning up the carriers, pins, shims etc.
I need to put new pads & disks on the back of my car but I'm too worried I'll get an unexpected problem and then I don't have a 2nd car to go and get more spares with. I also don't have a completely flat area to park it and it's rear wheen drive so I think off to the garage it is, I hate admitting defeat over something that should be simple. :thumbdown:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:02 pm Just came in for a bacon and egg sarnie and a cuppa. I'm 3/4 of the way through sorting my Wife's car's brakes. I put new front discs and pads on the other day but the o/s/f is binding. So as I'm putting new rear pads on, i'm going through all of the calipers and cleaning up the carriers, pins, shims etc.
OSF caliper pins just arrived. I have to go out and fit them ahead of the cars MOT test this afternoon. But its very cosy in here and I'm watching Maine Cabin Masters...
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 am
OSF caliper pins just arrived. I have to go out and fit them ahead of the cars MOT test this afternoon. But its very cosy in here and I'm watching Maine Cabin Masters...
I'm sat here wondering how you can watch telly in the mornings. I know I'm the odd one out here, but I wouldn't even contemplate putting the telly on during the day as it just seems an anathema to getting shit done.

Edit: Says me, sat wasting time on here. :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 am
I'm sat here wondering how you can watch telly in the mornings. I know I'm the odd one out here, but I wouldn't even contemplate putting the telly on during the day as it just seems an anathema to getting shit done.

It's too bright to watch telly here by the pool :(
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 am

Did you bring an English telly with you when you moved over so you could continue watching Eastenders and Corrie? Buy a Spanish telly and it's gonna be all them forrin programs, innt?

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 am
Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 am

Did you bring an English telly with you when you moved over so you could continue watching Eastenders and Corrie? Buy a Spanish telly and it's gonna be all them forrin programs, innt?
I've got a Jap telly. It's all Sumo wrestling and motorbikes :)

And don't dare mention E********S
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I can't bear silence, so always put something on whilst I'm pottering about or doing nothing. The TV is on even when I'm on here and not watching it. I used to put the radio on but if you have it on all day the repeated play lists get tiresome.

When i was recuperating after having my knee replaced, i watched a fair bit of tv as I couldn't really do anything else. I tired of film after film and starting channel hopping and found dmax and its great alternative programs like Barnwood Builders, Maine Cabin Builders etc. Its too late for help now, i'm hooked! :D

Anyway, car done, cuppa in hand! 8-)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I don't mind that sort of thing, but it's the faked, over-hyped arguments and commercial break cliff-hangers that piss me off. Give me Wheeler Dealers, UK seasons, where Mike Brewers belly wasn't the size of a barrel, for genuine, easy-going entertainment of that ilk.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 am I don't mind that sort of thing, but it's the faked, over-hyped arguments and commercial break cliff-hangers that piss me off. Give me Wheeler Dealers, UK seasons, where Mike Brewers belly wasn't the size of a barrel, for genuine, easy-going entertainment of that ilk.
All recaps and elevator rock music? Yeah, not on my viewing list either. Does me nut in! :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Sitting here aching!! But, I'm about to go get a beer :o :o Yup, and actual BEER from the fridge!!

I tried a beer with a whiskey flavour the other day so I bought some. I also found a beer (hope it's not lager!) with rum in it :D :D So might try that first!

I also got some of the locally brewed beer I like - but he didn't tell me till too late to change my mind that the bottles are 750ml :o I can't drink all of that, so it'd chilling ready to go meet some friends tomorrow and share it!! LOL :D :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Noggin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:07 pm Sitting here aching!! But, I'm about to go get a beer :o :o Yup, and actual BEER from the fridge!!

I tried a beer with a whiskey flavour the other day so I bought some. I also found a beer (hope it's not lager!) with rum in it :D :D So might try that first!

I also got some of the locally brewed beer I like - but he didn't tell me till too late to change my mind that the bottles are 750ml :o I can't drink all of that, so it'd chilling ready to go meet some friends tomorrow and share it!! LOL :D :D
I sup this when in France. Beer with Tequila :)

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yorick wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:24 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:07 pm Sitting here aching!! But, I'm about to go get a beer :o :o Yup, and actual BEER from the fridge!!

I sup this when in France. Beer with Tequila :)

Most of my friends drink that one. I'm not sure (but then I'm not that keen on tequila!!)

I'm trying this one tonight - it's bloody nice!!! :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I've always like Porters and some the new malty stouts that are quite the thing at the moment are bloody lovely. This was beguiling and very, very moreish:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:40 pm I've always like Porters and some the new malty stouts that are quite the thing at the moment are bloody lovely. This was beguiling and very, very moreish:
Ooooo - one of the chalet companies up here is getting rid of a load of Brew Dog beer (short date and no customers!). Don't think they have that one though :( :(
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

gremlin wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:40 pm I've always like Porters and some the new malty stouts that are quite the thing at the moment are bloody lovely. This was beguiling and very, very moreish:
:shock: :wtf:

gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Only those confident in their sexuality need drink it, Essex lad.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

I'm keeping out of this.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm I'm keeping out of this.
So you should a you're the resident SSSD! :lol: