What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by the_priest »

Today has been interesting. I was able to get into the Wickes website straight off, so could order two lengths of 70 x 45 x 3000 treated C16 timber for the deck joists. Spent today getting up the old rotten deck boards and then cutting the new bits to length. Taken a while as I only have a little Bosch screwdriver, but it is doing marvelously well. I've now got the deck lengths sorted and just need to collect the timber (Monday now) and then I can cut that to length and sort out the decking. I'll be giving it a bit more support in the end zones, but also making sure that the draining level is okay.

Considering we are selling the place in July, I'm not too worried about it being perfect, but I do like to do a decent job and make sure that is looks good and is safe. All I need to do now is seal it with the stuff I have in the shed once the weather clears in the next two weeks. Tuesday to Thursday looks like rain...

Been a tiring day, but I feel I've achieved something and the weather was really nice. Right now my daughter is making an icecream shake and she will give some to me! Yay! Then wife and I will have dinner at some point and finish of the 2012 bottle of Spanish red we opened last night. Rather nice it was.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Been on nights. Very strange driving on an empty motorway, stopping in a live lane to remove a tyre, then continuing on without another vehicle passing me!!!
Home, washing is on as I’ve got an Asda order to collect in a bit, sleep has to wait so I changed the bed instead!!
Been stood in the garden with a cuppa listening to the birds, lambs, cows. Love living in the country, finally got what I wanted!!
Mick.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

636mick wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:46 am Been on nights. Very strange driving on an empty motorway, stopping in a live lane to remove a tyre, then continuing on without another vehicle passing me!!!
Home, washing is on as I’ve got an Asda order to collect in a bit, sleep has to wait so I changed the bed instead!!
Been stood in the garden with a cuppa listening to the birds, lambs, cows. Love living in the country, finally got what I wanted!!
Mick.
I bet where we used to live is quiet now! We were on the north east side of Milton Keynes not far from Newport Pagnell services. When the wind blew from the east or north east it sounded like the M1 was at the end of the garden. Quite different now I would imagine...... :shhh:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Started early. Coffee and breakfast at 6am. Placed orders via Amazon for opening office end of May. Sanitiser and Automatic Dispensers. Sanitiser has gone from £15 for 5 litres to £50 for 5 litres. Slight price increase or what!? Methinks some suppliers are enjoying the huge profit margins. Hey ho.

Collected my Click and collect wood from Wickes at 7am. Nice to get that out of the way. Now having a cup of tea and continue with getting PAT testing and Fire Extinguisher maintenace done before we open the office end of May.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Renewed insurance on the 10R today.

Fully comp,protected ncb,all the bells and whistles,for the princely sum of 135 quid.

One of the few benefits to being nearly dead. :wtf:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Corralled the min compost heap. Tomorrow I start on the god topsoil heap and work my way towards the rough topsoil heap.
Skub

Post by Skub »

cheb wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:00 pm Corralled the min compost heap. Tomorrow I start on the god topsoil heap and work my way towards the rough topsoil heap.
Getting your shit together,then?
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

That was last week when I had to dig out the septic soakaway. That's what prompted all this.

The weather is perfect for it.
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

62 FFS Thats enough :crazy:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:15 am 62 FFS Thats enough :crazy:
LOL congrats and happy birthday, hope you had a lovely time :)
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

weeksy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:20 am
rodbargee wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:15 am 62 FFS Thats enough :crazy:
cake with half a bottle of jamesons soaked into it :- :oops: Thanks
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

rodbargee wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:16 am [quote=weeksy post_id=5274 time=<a href="tel:1588227658">1588227658</a> user_id=2]
[quote=rodbargee post_id=5271 time=<a href="tel:1588202142">1588202142</a> user_id=52]
62 FFS Thats enough :crazy:
[/quote]
cake with half a bottle of jamesons soaked into it :- :oops: Thanks
[/quote]

Happy Birthday. Another Taurean. I wonder if you’re as stubborn as I am....... :twisted:

Painted our two downstairs cloakrooms. Small spaces so bumped my bum every time I turned round! :roll:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Can reccomend the whisky cake as for being stubborn I couldn't possibly say , and wont :mrgreen:
kendo57

Post by kendo57 »

For the first time in years I decided to swap over some trail tyres using tyre levers.
Jeez, when did it become so difficult, I am sure I never struggled so much in my younger
days
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

kendo57 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:14 pm For the first time in years I decided to swap over some trail tyres using tyre levers.
Jeez, when did it become so difficult, I am sure I never struggled so much in my younger
days
I can do road tyres no probs. Off road, no way.

Luckily the local shop fits both for free :)
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

Discovered the word " Racecar " is a palindrome..........
stray cat

Post by stray cat »

Got up
Walked the dog
Ate some croissants
Washed the car and cleaned the inside
Admired shiny car
Painted toenails
Opened a bottle of Gavi

= so far.... now going to cook tea (cod with lettuce and peas in cream sauce with new pots) and watch that Quentin Quarantino film that’s on tonight (hope it’s good: Once upon a time in Hollywood or something)
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Was going to have an easy day today having spent all day yesterday planting things......so the easy day went along the lines of spending all day AGAIN planting things! Thank fully gravy dinner was already prepped and only needed heating in the microwave, which is good because now I can now barely move off the sofa...... :wtf:

Tomorrow is definitely going to be an easy day, well until I get up and decide to do something! :lol:
rodbargee

Post by rodbargee »

Todays walk, turned into a route march/ yomp, exploring paths that seem long forgotten and consequently very overgrown, note to self. when walking these paths take boots not shitty go outdoors pretend walking things keen crocs for the want of a better description, fine for the beach walk to the bar but not a proper walk.
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Became aware I may be losing the plot.