Science Of Being Seen LIVE at 11am Sat 25 April

Anything you like about motorbikes
The Spin Doctor

Science Of Being Seen LIVE at 11am Sat 25 April

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I'm going to be delivering my Science Of Being Seen (SOBS) presentation as a LIVE WEBCAST on my Facebook page - www.facebook.com/survivalskills at 11am this morning (Sat 25 April).

SOBS was originally created by myself for Kent Fire and Rescue Service as the third module of the international road safety award winning Biker Down project. Biker Down has since gone nationwide, it's delivered by FRS across the country, it's been picked up by the military and other organisations and many deliver a version of SOBS.

But this is the original and much updated version so even if you have seen it before, catch up on what's new. And if you've not seen it before, you should ;)

If you miss it, you can catch up either on FB or over on my YouTube channel www.youtube.com/survivalskillsuk.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Horse

Re: Science Of Being Seen LIVE at 11am Sat 25 April

Post by Horse »

Hope it went well.

Any interesting questions submitted?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
The Spin Doctor

Or not...

Started well, finished badly... I had to abandon for today, as I couldn't get the two streams to link after the first five mins. No idea what the error was, I tested it twenty mins before I went on air and it worked perfectly, and I used the same set up to stream a presentation to a riding group a couple of weeks ago. However, no go today.

I'll set another date up shortly...
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Horse

Post by Horse »

Bugger.

If it's any consolation, Filly was 'attending ' a conference today. One of the presentations went several slides out of sync with the presenter, who had added extra slides that weren't on the pack sent out ahead.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
The Spin Doctor

I'll have another crack same time, same place but next week - Sat 2 May at 11am.

No idea what the issue was - it worked before and it worked two hours later... and it worked for the first five minutes when it was needed to... but for the thirty mins or so I struggled to relaunch, it just wouldn't mix the streams.
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

Sorry mate, I looked but couldn't see it :mrgreen:
The Spin Doctor

Hot_Air wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:23 pm Sorry mate, I looked but couldn't see it :mrgreen:
I got twenty mins in and the broadband gave up... had 72 hours of the connection dropping every 15 -20 mins. Fixed now, but busy working on other projects right now... I will try to get the presentation finished at some point.