Honda SH300i headlight bulb?

Tips, tricks, questions and answers to tech questions
bikermike59

Honda SH300i headlight bulb?

Post by bikermike59 »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone on here know what headlight bulb is fitted to a 2008 Honda SH300i scooter? is it a standard 3 pin H4? also what type of fitting are the side light bulbs?
Only asking as they are a faf to remove, just to take a look and I want to upgrade them to LED bulbs

Thanks
Skub

Re: Honda SH300i headlight bulb?

Post by Skub »

I replaced mine a couple of years ago,I'm nearly sure is was a stock H4. I also replaced one of the side lights,but I can't remember the fitting at all. I don't recall any drama,so they are probably a generic fitting too.

I did replace the rear brakelight/starter cutout switch about 3 times in my 12 year ownership!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Read something that in the latest update to MOT test, if you have fitted HID or LED lamps to to vehicle that wasn't built with them its now a fail. Something to consider before changing....
Skub

Post by Skub »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 pm Read something that in the latest update to MOT test, if you have fitted HID or LED lamps to to vehicle that wasn't built with them its now a fail. Something to consider before changing....
Seems to apply to headlights at least.

4.1.4 Headlamps - Compliance with requirements - Sentence changed from 'Some motorcycles may be fitted with high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps. Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with HID bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.' to 'Some motorcycles may be fitted with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) headlamps. Existing halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with HID or LED bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.'
Walt Whitman
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 pm Read something that in the latest update to MOT test, if you have fitted HID or LED lamps to to vehicle that wasn't built with them its now a fail. Something to consider before changing....

Hmm, I wonder how that works for bikes that were never fitted with headlights when it was manufactured then it got road registered later.
Skub

Post by Skub »

demographic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Hmm, I wonder how that works for bikes that were never fitted with headlights when it was manufactured then it got road registered later.
I'd say you'd be safe enough. It seems to be the upgrading/changing action that gets their knickers in a twist.
Walt Whitman
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Skub wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 pm I'd say you'd be safe enough. It seems to be the upgrading/changing action that gets their knickers in a twist.
Aye, to be honest, its been languishing in the shed that long that I can't really complain about others causing delays and even if it was a fail I could put a normal one in for the test.
Its just that they drain the battery far faster and currently its total loss.
rossm

Post by rossm »

Standard headlight bulb is a H4, can't remember the side light fitting when I changed mine to LED a while back, plus changed the indicators so that they are side lights too (cheapo ebay kit) MOT man's never complained