What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ZRX61

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by ZRX61 »

I shall be purchasing a couple more lottery tickets later.
There was good news & bad news on both the Powerball & Mega Millions this week. The bad news is that I didn't win. The good news is that neither did any other bugger.
Powerball rolled over tonight from $550M to $640M
Mega Millions rolled over last night from $625M to $750M.

I could scrape by on either prize, but wouldn't complain too much if I won both.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

the_priest wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm Joined a group of ministers on Zoom for early prayer meeting.
Bit of a busmans holiday? ;)
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

the_priest wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 pm Joined a group of ministers on Zoom for early prayer meeting.
Hancock resorting to last measures now?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

ZRX61 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:08 am
Bit of a busmans holiday? ;)
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:26 am
Hancock resorting to last measures now?
Gifts of the Spirit fellows, gifts of the Spirit!
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Washed mine and my daughters car as it was pissing with rain...
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

David wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:16 pm No...it was ZRX's massive poo.
It was just the regular size, when I said *perfect* I was referring to the process, not the volume. :)
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Survived snomageddon. Made it down roads in my super fast mini with it's wide summer tyres that had got other cars stuck!

My normal 8 mile commute takes 20mins. The home leg to day was 25 miles and 2.5 hours due to numpty drivers doing 3mph and the police closing any road with any kind of incline.

Then had to go out again to pick the wife up, who had got stuck in the work car park... she got half way home in a taxi, but he refused to go any further because he was going to get stuck.

Not had proper snow like this for years.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Did 5 hours enduro :)

After last week's mudfest I insisted on no mud.
Ok, they found some bloody hard rocky routes :(

:mrgreen:
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Yorick wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm Did 5 hours enduro :)

sounds fun though
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I am trying (again) to have a sort out in my apartment!!

So I pulled everything out from under the bed again (most of it went on the bed) then used some 'shelf' boxes to go at either end of the space and a shelf I'd taken down was supposed to go across the top of the two - but it was too long so had to get the jigsaw out and cut some off the end!!

I now have most of the stuff sorted and under the bed again, but not all!! So I'll be sleeping on the sofa tonight!! LOL More sorting tomorrow

I also made a sausage and potato dish and a big cauli cheese - some of both will go in the freezer

Then I had a French lesson (online) - she's a brilliant teacher and we get on really well. Today she was explaining some differences on holiday greetings and one thing translated as - we say "happy new year until the 31st January

I understood all the words but just couldn't understand why only until the end of January. So I said that I understood the words but not the meaning. She typed it so I could read it. Again, I understood the words, but . . .

Then she said something else and it fell in place. She'd written - We say "happy new year' until the 31st January - I'd not seen the end quote as it was a single apostrophe not the second quotation mark (screen has had bits on it so thought it was a 'bit')!!

We laughed a LOT!!! Haven't laughed like that for a while!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got to do a bit of sorting of stuff before I go to sleep as too much stuff on the floor near the sofa; need to sort that before I sleep or I'll fall over when I get up!! :o

Tomorrow is a busy day too!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
irie

Post by irie »

Collected Mrs irie from the garage after she took her A3 in for a service. On the 7 minute journey back home the L200 engine just stopped so I immediately put it into neutral and coasted onto the verge.

Couldn't restart the engine so got a recovery early afternoon. Got a call later on today to say that all the coolant was gone and the engine had seized and it's a write off. Had if for 10 years from new and 128,000 miles. Regularly serviced. Shit.

Gotta buy some new wheels tomorrow. Bummer.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

irie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm Collected Mrs irie from the garage after she took her A3 in for a service. On the 5 minute journey back home the L200 engine just stopped so I immediately put it into neutral and coasted onto the verge.

Couldn't restart the engine so got a recovery early afternoon. Got a call later on today to say that all the coolant was gone and the engine had seized and it's a write off. 10 years old and 128,000 miles. Shit.

Could have been worse, could have been a D22 Nissan. That might have managed 3 years and 10k.

What you gonna buy?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

formula400 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

sounds fun though
It took the others an hour and half! :lol:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

irie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm Collected Mrs irie from the garage after she took her A3 in for a service. On the 7 minute journey back home the L200 engine just stopped so I immediately put it into neutral and coasted onto the verge.

Couldn't restart the engine so got a recovery early afternoon. Got a call later on today to say that all the coolant was gone and the engine had seized and it's a write off. Had if for 10 years from new and 128,000 miles. Regularly serviced. Shit.

That's unusual?? It should have lit the dash up like a Xmas tree to stop it cooking solid?
David

Post by David »

irie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:33 pm Collected Mrs irie from the garage after she took her A3 in for a service. On the 7 minute journey back home the L200 engine just stopped so I immediately put it into neutral and coasted onto the verge.

There's this thing called maintenance......
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:45 pm
formula400 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

sounds fun though
It took the others an hour and half! :lol:
I only toppled over once today. Hit big rock, stopped, feet flailing. Down.
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

David wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Or even a temperature gauge...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

slowsider wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:38 pm Or even a temperature gauge...
I can't find one anywhere in my car, I've had it three years and still get irritated by the lack of.
irie

Post by irie »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 pm

That's unusual?? It should have lit the dash up like a Xmas tree to stop it cooking solid?
I would have thought so but hey, what do I know? Oil level was spot on btw.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
irie

Post by irie »

David wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

I suspect the coolant exited "fairly quickly".